Random Quotes

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Milo_Windby
Retired

Random Quotes

Post by Milo_Windby » 20 Feb 2012, 10:30

Before you start quoting me at random, what this thread is for is random quotes... quotes from Movies, Books, Video games, TV shows, Radio, Music, Your Mom (I mean that in the most serious non-insulting way of course... Moms can have very insightful things to say =D) and whatever else.

I ask that you give a minimum of two or three quotes, however there is no maximum and can post as many as you want in one post.
Also if you can (I don't think I need to say this, but just in case) Give credit to who or what the quote is from.

Here's why I think there's something a little odd with George [Bush]. Because a lot of the times when he speaks, his words don't match his face. Something is askew. You can't talk about the war with a smile on your face. He does it constantly. IF you're the President, you should go "We're going to talk about the war, I must have a frowny face." The only time you can smile when you're talking about the war in Iraq is when you go, "Well, two Iraqis walk into a bar, hahaha." ~ Lewis Black

You will need to know the difference between Friday and a fried egg. It's quite a simple difference, but an important one. Friday comes at the end of the week, whereas a fried egg comes out of a chicken. Like most things, of course, it isn't quite that simple. The fried egg isn't properly a fried egg until it's been put in a frying pan and fried. This is something you wouldn't do to a Friday, of course, though you might do it on a Friday. You can also fry eggs on a Thursday, if you like, or on a cooker. It's all rather complicated, but it makes a kind of sense if you think about it for a while. ~ Douglas Adams
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

andy25100
Retired

Re: Random Quotes

Post by andy25100 » 20 Feb 2012, 12:07

Sounds like fun, here is a couple
Spoiler! :
As Harold took a bite of Bavarian sugar cookie, he finally felt as if everything was going to be ok. Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies. And, fortunately, when there aren't any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction. And we must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives. I know the idea seems strange, but I also know that it just so happens to be true. And, so it was, a wristwatch saved Harold Crick. - Karen Eiffel, Stranger Than Fiction

So it's actually not about seducing and nailing disabled girls. The girls happen to have disabilities, but the more you get to know them, the more you come to realise that they are girls just like any other. They are humans with hopes and dreams, and messy, fucked up insecurities about being alive and happy. They are not strange people - they are regular ordinary human beings who feel the way they feel not because they are disabled, but because they are ordinary. They are the universal allegory for humanity; the archetypal human; the mess you become when you feel sad and alone and unworthy. They are the girl next door, the prom queen, the bookworm, the tomboy, and all the baggage that comes with that - nothing more or less.

They resonate with you because you recognise your flaws and needs and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know them and are them, and in some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
- A message from The Anonymous of 4chan on Katawa Shoujo

I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night - Galileo Galiliei
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 27 May 2012, 15:01

I was just about to make a quote thread, but then I found this one.

"Together, they would watch everything that was so carefully planned collapse,
and they would all smile, at the beauty of destruction."

- The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)

"Thursday morning. I usually let my Mum wake me up but today I have set my alarm for seven. Even from under my duvet, I can hear it bleating on the other side of my room. I hid it inside my plastic crate for faulty joysticks so that I would have to get out of bed, walk across the room, yank it out of the box by its lead and, only then, jab the snooze button. This was a tactical manoeuvre by my previous self. He can be very cruel."
- Submarine (Joe Dunthorne)

"I tell myself not to feel sexually threatened. I am of no special interest; he could just as easily be angling for the printer."
- Submarine (Joe Dunthorne)

"You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence - and I divide them. Everything must come to dust."
- Rose Tyler (Billie Piper) (Doctor Who)

"These men died for their country. Send flowers to their bitches and hos."
- President Baxter Harris (Leslie Nielson) (Scary Movie 3)

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 27 May 2012, 17:08

"They are there, so I must kill them" - Lionheart1
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

StevK44

Post by StevK44 » 31 May 2012, 21:45

"Why?" -Socrates
This Signature is now Diamonds!

Post by 697134002 » 31 May 2012, 23:03

"It is sometimes said that scientists are unromantic, that their passion to figure out robs the world of beauty and mystery. But is it not stirring to understand how the world actually works — that white light is made of colors, that color is the way we perceive the wavelengths of light, that transparent air reflects light, that in so doing it discriminates among the waves, and that the sky is blue for the same reason that the sunset is red? It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it." - Carl Sagan

"Consider again that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar", every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 01 Jun 2012, 02:56

There are no fights in Ireland, people just get so drunk they go, "GODDAMN, YA SONOFA*SANTA*!" and pass out. And there's no Alcoholics Anonymous there, because if there's a meeting, it's always at the bar ~ Lewis Black
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 02 Jun 2012, 12:19

"You fight, then eat good food.

You fight, then drink fine wine.

You fight, then sleep with beautiful women. Hell, fight with beautiful women!

That is what it means to live!"

-Augus

(Asura's Wrath)
The staff here are all trolls

ShadowCreator
Puzzle Master

Post by ShadowCreator » 23 Jun 2012, 09:54

'This is so corny. ls this what we've been reduced to? Sheets?'
'Think of them as death shrouds.'
-The Maitlands, Beetlejuice

'Do you think there's anything to eat in this forest?'
'yes' said the wizard bitterly, 'us.'
-Rincewind and twoflower, The Light Fantastic

random980

Post by random980 » 24 Jun 2012, 04:16

When i saw the title of this thread i got quite excited, upon entering the thread my level of excitement dropped... While im here.
"One day son, all this will be yours!"
"What the curtains?" -Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"The purpose of life is to have a life of purpose" -Friend at school, forgot where she got it from :?

"WE HAVE TO GET DOWN FOR FRIDAY" -Blackadder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 24 Jun 2012, 16:57

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Julius Caesar

Treasure123

Post by Treasure123 » 25 Jun 2012, 11:38

"A people's voice is dangerous when charged with wrath."

Aeschylus
ImageImage