Trendy Hip Don't Support Anti-Pirates Announcement

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Trendy Hip Don't Support Anti-Pirates Announcement

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 18 Jan 2012, 09:15

Today I switched off my ad-blocker and closed down uTorrent to find out that people are trying to stop me from doing this! At first I thought the RIAA had finally caught up to me, but I was sadly mistaken - the World Government is trying to stop me instead!

Fellow pirates, we shall not allow the United States congress to infringe on our right to illegally download whatever we want! First they try to stop us from stealing cargo ships, they have declared Somalia (otherwise known as freedom land) a chaotic state, and now they try to stop us downloading things we haven't bought! This is sheer lunacy friends!

You may say: "Who cares if a few websites get taken down in the process? Those fat internet webcomic glasses nerds will thank us after they go out and get a real job!"

This is a very compelling argument, except for one thing! No one wants to see internet nerds because they are fat and ugly! Think about it!

I have not shut down the website because I got bored when I couldn't figure it out. So stop reading this, because otherwise the terrorists will win.

Thank you for listening to my impassioned plea on behalf of the pirate community everywhere.

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Trendy Hip Don't Support Anti-Pirates Announcement

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jan 2012, 09:27

I can see you put many hours of work into that high-quality banner.

I'm going to take it, share it on Facebook, draw willies on it, print it out and stick it through my neighbours' letterboxes, and build an amusement park dedicated to it - because that's fair use, and I won't be brought to heel by those greedy gov'mint fatcats! Big up the freedom massive!

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 18 Jan 2012, 09:32

This banner reflects the stark reality of the truth I am giving. It symbolises the real world and that this will affect all pirates everywhere.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 18 Jan 2012, 09:45

The day we can use soap in Minecraft, is the day I'll start caring...wait...there's still pirates?

OK so I went to upload a new pirate-themed skin to mc.net and .... now I'm not happy at all because they're talking about SOAP and all I wanted was to show my support for pirates by wearing a new pirate skin. :cry:
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 18 Jan 2012, 10:08

... All of my hate, Lord. ALL OF IT.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 18 Jan 2012, 11:26

SachielOne wrote:... All of my hate, Lord. ALL OF IT.
I thought I had all of your hate?

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 18 Jan 2012, 11:47

I'm downloading Superman 3 =D
Man of Steel will protect my rights to illegal download his movies... like a speeding bullet... boss...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 18 Jan 2012, 20:51

The US governement is trying to control every aspect of our lives D:<. SOPA will not only censor the internet here but shut down sites for everyone internationally( which makes me wonder about world domination) and although piracy is an issue, this is not the solution. This is the abuse of power at its finest in US congress, giving a selective group of people such power that could potentially be abused in the future is an abomination. No governement morally has control over the internet, it is a digital source without boundries, unlike land boundries that divide the world today. Without going to much farther into my radical political mindset, I'd rather post a course of actions and things to be aware of
1. suposedly, represantives are suppose to work towards solutions based on what the public feels is right, soooo if this is an actuall democracy *cough* doubt it *cough* we should and already have flooded their email inboxes with anti SOPA emails.
2. IF SOPA actually passes, which i doubt, then we must keep in mind that it can be aquitted. This isnt the first time the US has limited our basic freedoms, ie sedition/alien acts by Jackson and Samuel Adams, and it can and most likely will be overturned
3. IF AND ONLY IF ALL ELSE FAILS REVOLT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i was bored :3
and this mostly dosent concern non US guys
AND i CAN actually be serious *SHOKER*
=D
JOIN THE BRANCHSCAPE LOTTERY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DIAMONDS!

HRook16

Post by HRook16 » 19 Jan 2012, 03:12

Hmmmmm... pirates you say?
DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573769

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 19 Jan 2012, 04:36

Let me just put on my large framed glasses and put down my mug of fair trade coffee.

NO TO SOPA!! Keep information free!
WWTDD