Halo!

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Skunk_Giant
Retired

Halo!

Post by Skunk_Giant » 06 Jun 2011, 21:19

Anyone else excited for Halo Anniversary and Halo 4? :D
I've been a long time fan of the game, and I'm so glad to see they're remaking CE.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Blackadder51
Retired

Re: Halo!

Post by Blackadder51 » 06 Jun 2011, 21:22

Beatingadeadhorse.jpg

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 06 Jun 2011, 21:26

knewsomeonewouldsayit.gif

But seriously, Halo Anniversary will be brilliant, in my opinion. I mean, it'll bring back the memories of CE.
As for Halo 4, it's more the story I'll be buying it for... Of course, the game will be great, I'm sure.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 06 Jun 2011, 21:30

I haven't played a Halo game since 2 on account of not owning an xbox (played the first 2 on PC, watched a let's play of 3). They're solid enough games, even if they play things a tad safe. I think my favourite thing about the series as a whole is the brilliant art direction. The levels themselves may be linier corridor shooting punctuated by vehicle sections, but the level design and the awesomely painted skyboxes make the areas feel so much larger and more epic. Not to mention they have some of the most memorable enemy designs of any game. Man the covenant are awesome, if only the spartans were as interesting.

*edit*
Look what I found on my hard drive. Not my best work but hey:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The staff here are all trolls

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 06 Jun 2011, 22:11

I'm mildly interested in Halo 4. I doubt I'll drop $60 for it, but if I can pick it up after the release in the bargain bin, I will. CE Anniversary looks brilliant. I loved Halo: CE, so I'll likely get this. I just hope they changed The Library....

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 06 Jun 2011, 22:16

Godavari wrote:I'm mildly interested in Halo 4. I doubt I'll drop $60 for it, but if I can pick it up after the release in the bargain bin, I will. CE Anniversary looks brilliant. I loved Halo: CE, so I'll likely get this. I just hope they changed The Library....
Oh God... The flood... In the Reach engine. O_O

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 07 Jun 2011, 00:52

halo 1, 2, and 3 were good, but reach and ODST made me sad.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 07 Jun 2011, 04:11

It seems to be my gaming catchphrase, but again, "I enjoyed them all". Some more than others certainly, but I only dislike truly terrible games.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 07 Jun 2011, 05:32

Godavari wrote:I'm mildly interested in Halo 4. I doubt I'll drop $60 for it, but if I can pick it up after the release in the bargain bin, I will. CE Anniversary looks brilliant. I loved Halo: CE, so I'll likely get this. I just hope they changed The Library....
i dont. best level in the entire game! and if they made it easier i will just go and pirate it in protest! :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 07 Jun 2011, 05:57

Yeah, the Library is a level I love and hate.
I mean, it's gotta be one of the best levels in history. When I first played through it and saw the dead marines AND covenant... The crazy marine that tried to shoot me...

Ah, memories.

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 07 Jun 2011, 08:25

Skunk_Giant wrote:
Oh God... The flood... In the Reach engine. O_O
Well, the campaign won't be using the Reach engine, so you don't have to worry about that.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jun 2011, 09:17

guys how awesome would it be if in halo 4 they had...... Flood firefight?!?!?!? :D

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 07 Jun 2011, 09:17

EricSmarties wrote:guys how awesome would it be if in halo 4 they had...... Flood firefight?!?!?!? :D
It'd be interesting, but honestly, the flood are terrifying >_>
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jun 2011, 09:18

XDelphi wrote:
EricSmarties wrote:guys how awesome would it be if in halo 4 they had...... Flood firefight?!?!?!? :D
It'd be interesting, but honestly, the flood are terrifying >_>
I shit my pants trying to do halo 3 cortana level on legendary Q_Q

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 07 Jun 2011, 21:24

The Library > Cortana

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Jun 2011, 02:49

Skunk_Giant wrote:The Library > Cortana
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 09 Jun 2011, 01:52

I only want Anniversary, but I don't think I can pass up Halo 4.. /: I've always been a fan but they really killed it with Reach, I'm hoping the new developers can fix it.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 09 Jun 2011, 02:24

Halo should have died at 3.
I don't want your damn ODST, Reach or Wars! What am I supposed to do with these?!

A remake of the first game sounds sexy, though.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 09 Jun 2011, 02:37

Pinmissile wrote:Halo should have died at 3.
I don't want your damn ODST, Reach or Wars! What am I supposed to do with these?!

A remake of the first game sounds sexy, though.
damnit Pin! now i have to do THIS!
“When life gives you Halos, don’t make Haloade. Make life take the Halos back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn Halos, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson Halos! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the Halos! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible Halo that burns your house down!”
Cave Johnson. were done here.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Jun 2011, 03:56

lulz