So, do you think you got what it takes to be the ultimate excavator? Once again you can get your chance to prove just that this July 21st for The Clearing Challenge!
Inspired by the work at the Imperial City Dig Site, The Clearing Challenge will pit contestants against each other in a test of speed and guts as they race to clear a predetermined set of blocks the fastest with only blocks of logs provided to make tools with. The winner will be whoever clears their area entirely first and will win a free month of Royalty VIP rank!
Here are the complete rules:
- Teams are NOT allowed
- You must have knowledge of how to make tools and other crafting devices in order to participate and win.
- God mode will NOT be on!
- If you die for whatever reason and lose any items, you will NOT be reimbursed.
- If you manage to mess up the materials provided (eg. burning all your wood) you will NOT be reimbursed.
- The blocks to clear will not all be stone, there WILL be some surprises inside it, both helpful and not-so-helpful
- Each contestants area of blocks to clear is 100% identical to ensure fairness.
- In the event of random lag, we will NOT be responsible for anything that happens so do not complain about lag.
- In order to be finished in your area, ALL blocks in your area must be cleared. This includes the logs, melon blocks, crafting blocks, furnaces, or anything else you might have made and placed down. Loose collectible entity blocks laying around however are okay.
- When you are done as mentioned above, you MUST type in chat and say "CLEAR" in all caps in order to get the judge's attention. We will then disable the ability to dig and build for everyone while we check. If you are indeed finished you win! If however you actually were NOT finished you will be DISQUALIFIED and then we will give everyone a chance to resume the competition.
- The winner will be determined by the watching judges, and in the event of a possible tie due to close finishes there may be a review or a separate and smaller tie-breaker challenge to determine a winner.
If you wish to participate, simply show up at event time on the Event Server at event.escapecraft.com and we will assign players to plots to compete in.
Note, due to a scheduling conflict, the Event will have to be hosted on a evening time slot due to Infesord's work schedule. We apologize if this causes any confusion or lack of attendance.