That's right, Saturday, May 12th at 3:00pm Server Time (check below for local times), on our main server at escapecraft.com, MKindy and the Events Team at Escapecraft are bringing you Bomberman in your Minecraft with our revamped Bombermine event!
Jump into the arena as White, Black, Red or Blue Bomber to go wild with bombs (uh, TNT) and blow your opponents away in a thrilling four-player showdown. Keep an eye out for power-ups hidden in blocks!
The Bombermine park will be accessible via a special portal in the Hub (type /gs to get to the hub quickly!), and is comprised of six battle arenas. Four of these will be used for a grand tournament, the winner of which will receive one month of Royalty VIP rank on the Escapecraft Minecraft Multiplayer server, with Nobility and Artisan for 2nd and 3rd place! The other two are free-for-all arenas for players to practice between rounds, or for anyone that didn't sign up for the tourney who wants to have a little fun on the day.
But wait! It gets better!
We've created our own retro-style texture pack specifically for use in the Bombermine arena. It only alters the textures of blocks used in the arena, and doesn't require MCPatcher. It's HIGHLY recommended that you use this pack when playing Bombermine. Don't take our word for it: check this out!
TurboGrafx-16 OMGFTW Texture Pack (by haxxorzd00d):
Vanilla/Bombermine Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2dwcpdv3e99z5gb
OcD Pack/Bombermine Download (requested by steveab): http://www.mediafire.com/?3026w5qx254u9ec
The rules of play are as follows:
- Spectators are welcome! Warp signs in the courtyard will enable you to enter the viewing deck of an arena quickly. Spectators are expected to be courteous in chat!
- Upon entering the courtyard, everyone will be assigned to a special chat channel just for this event, and removed from non-important chat channels (e.g. /ch g, /ch t, /ch n [for non-vets]). All event chat will take place in this channel! The arena exit will re-assign you to these channels.
- Players will enter their arena one at a time; you will be assigned to an arena, warped into that arena. Pick a door, then wait for the warp sign to appear to let you in.
- You will be given 192 TNT as you enter the arena.
- There is a redstone lamp in each corner attached to a timer; once every player is in position in their corner, the timer starts. When the lamp lights up, that means GO! Any TNT placed on the ground won't detonate until this lamp turns on, so be careful!
- TNT can be placed anywhere on the floor, but only ignites when placed on obsidian squares. Make long chains for maximum devastation!
- The arena is PvP; you can kill your opponents with punches as well as bombs.
- Some dirt pillars, when exploded, drop surprises! Careful to not also blow up the surprises! D:
- Last player standing is that round's winner! Points are awarded by place (0/1/2/4 for fourth to first), and each player will play several matches. Winners will move on to subsequent rounds.
- You will be healed/fed between rounds.
- You may sign up here or at the event; signup at the event will be very short, though, and once registration closes, it closes! Please sign up early!
- The automated free-play Bombermine arena in the Enigma world will be open after our Gladiator Spleef event on May 5th, so feel free to practice with your friends and other players before the event! :3
Powered by redstone genius steveab and with artwork by haxxorzd00d and Flux04.
Reply to this post to sign up!