The Corinthian Empire

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
MrWhales

Re: The Corinthian Empire

Post by MrWhales » 04 Feb 2011, 17:59

Ramza Ydoc wrote:Damn it Jagorrax! Now I need to build even more traps, and walls, and building an entire forest in the ocean. You should have said it was a nuclear testing facility like I was going to tell CUT.

Oh, and as designer, builder, and curator of the Crypt Vault, I am in no way responsible for any injury, death, mental/emotional trauma, or mummy pharaoh curse*.

*Injury and Death can include one or more of the following: Stabbing, slashing, clawing, arrow wounds, drowning, suffocation, 3rd degree burns, lethal bites, partial submersion in lava, full submersion in lava, crushed by a stone wall, starvation, the black death, boredum, and consumption by feral animals.
I tried going there and it confused me so bad i didnt get in the front door.... I think it must have been designed by a madman >.>

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 04 Feb 2011, 18:08

MrWhales wrote:
Ramza Ydoc wrote:Damn it Jagorrax! Now I need to build even more traps, and walls, and building an entire forest in the ocean. You should have said it was a nuclear testing facility like I was going to tell CUT.

Oh, and as designer, builder, and curator of the Crypt Vault, I am in no way responsible for any injury, death, mental/emotional trauma, or mummy pharaoh curse*.

*Injury and Death can include one or more of the following: Stabbing, slashing, clawing, arrow wounds, drowning, suffocation, 3rd degree burns, lethal bites, partial submersion in lava, full submersion in lava, crushed by a stone wall, starvation, the black death, boredum, and consumption by feral animals.
I tried going there and it confused me so bad i didnt get in the front door.... I think it must have been designed by a madman >.>
Well then it works and I am pleased.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 04 Feb 2011, 18:10

for all your defences a bit of TNT will crack it wide open...
and i live next to Thunder's towers...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 04 Feb 2011, 18:16

Not with cuboid protection.
The only way through is death I doubt you could get past the traps.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 05 Feb 2011, 00:05

It seems that I am going to have a lot college and regular work this week. I won't be on much so I will leave the Empire in the hands of megavici, furdabip, as well as the generals for the time being. Any issues that arise, I trust Mega and Furd will handle them well. Good luck and have fun.

Post by 697134002 » 05 Feb 2011, 00:16

jagorrax wrote:It seems that I am going to have a lot college and regular work this week. I won't be on much so I will leave the Empire in the hands of megavici, furdabip, as well as the generals for the time being. Any issues that arise, I trust Mega and Furd will handle them well. Good luck and have fun.
Did you happen to give Trevmonkey a plot to build a Saphiri embassy?
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 05 Feb 2011, 20:06

Okay, I have a general idea for Arcadia. It can start small at first and expand larger, or we can just throw is all up and wait for people to want plots.

So, basicly, I wanted to have a forced upper/lower class divide, where the higher ups would be suspended on platforms above the ground, and the lower class being forced to dig their homes out of the ground, or stay within the 15 spaces from the ground to the upper platforms. This will work as Arcadia can be purely built on whatever the land looks like below, making the upper part pristine, and the lower part the slums they are meant to be.

Whatcha think?

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 05 Feb 2011, 20:38

What's the point in calling it Arcadia if there's going to be a shit part of it?

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 05 Feb 2011, 20:48

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:What's the point in calling it Arcadia if there's going to be a shit part of it?
That is the whole point. The idea is that the upper class want perfection above, while the lower class are forced below, showing that perfection cannot be obtained amongst everyone.

Plus I think it'd be a cool building style.

Post by 697134002 » 05 Feb 2011, 21:24

What idiot would live in the bottom part, then? They'd live in another district, or another city.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 05 Feb 2011, 21:35

I'm sure we can come up with some perks for living on the bottom level. People live in Dinotown and Leprosville.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 05 Feb 2011, 21:40

It's only a design idea. If you want Arcadia to be just another district with all the same designs Corinth already has, then I could go with that too. Was just thinking of something different. :-p

And, even if it's NOT a suitable place to live, the "slums" could be a mining area for the upper class, or purposely built shoddy and just not filled with actual citizens, to give the appearance that a town used to exist there but was abandoned and another just built on top of it.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 05 Feb 2011, 21:43

I like the original idea. Something different from the normal Corinth designs would be nice. You also have to remember that people voluntarily lived in Eastside.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 05 Feb 2011, 21:44

Not really sure if Dinotown even has a population anymore to be honest.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 05 Feb 2011, 21:49

See the way bastion did it made it work for every one :P
top level mods
middle level - vip and vets
bottom level every one else
BUT...
The bottom level had the added bonus of being able to have Basement's how ever many blocks deep they wanted so in altogether got the better deal :P
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 05 Feb 2011, 21:58

Milo Windby wrote:Not really sure if Dinotown even has a population anymore to be honest.
Perhaps you can leave a notice: "Unfit for human habitation"-2 week notice before orbital strike. I consider it graffiti on the server. They have the closest settlement to the crossroads and don't put even the slightest bit of effort into making it look nice. This is just my opinion of course. If the people of Dinotown really did put effort into it and for some reason run a texture pack that shows dirt as glossy marble then I apologize.

And yes Dark exactly what I was thinking, should have referenced Bastion.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 05 Feb 2011, 22:16

Alright, here is a badly drawn example of the style I was going for, for the upper layer; http://i54.tinypic.com/10e34b7.gif

It would be a series of platforms connected with bridges, and some platforms being higher or lower than others for variety. Each platform would be 3 layers thick, the bottom 2 being cobble/filler, and the top being grass and wood planks used for paths. The edges of the platforms would have fence around so people don't accidently fall off. The platforms would be suspended up by 1x1 fence pieces at the corners, or wherever else would look like it needed support (since obviously we all know we can make them floating, but I hate using floating platforms). There would be periodic buildings that contain stairs that loop around a central pillar for going down to the ground.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 05 Feb 2011, 22:27

jagorrax wrote:
Milo Windby wrote:Not really sure if Dinotown even has a population anymore to be honest.
Perhaps you can leave a notice: "Unfit for human habitation"-2 week notice before orbital strike. I consider it graffiti on the server. They have the closest settlement to the crossroads and don't put even the slightest bit of effort into making it look nice. This is just my opinion of course. If the people of Dinotown really did put effort into it and for some reason run a texture pack that shows dirt as glossy marble then I apologize..
I do think the population exists in some capacity. The apparent owner of Dinotown told me something about remodelling it, asking me to remove a sign I'd placed conveniently inside the spawn cuboid that reflected my candid opinion of the settlement. I've yet to do so until I see some sort of improvement in the place.

Post by 697134002 » 05 Feb 2011, 22:40

Furdabip wrote:Alright, here is a badly drawn example of the style I was going for, for the upper layer; http://i54.tinypic.com/10e34b7.gif

It would be a series of platforms connected with bridges, and some platforms being higher or lower than others for variety. Each platform would be 3 layers thick, the bottom 2 being cobble/filler, and the top being grass and wood planks used for paths. The edges of the platforms would have fence around so people don't accidently fall off. The platforms would be suspended up by 1x1 fence pieces at the corners, or wherever else would look like it needed support (since obviously we all know we can make them floating, but I hate using floating platforms). There would be periodic buildings that contain stairs that loop around a central pillar for going down to the ground.
Hello, M.C. Escher.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 05 Feb 2011, 22:42

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
jagorrax wrote:
Perhaps you can leave a notice: "Unfit for human habitation"-2 week notice before orbital strike. I consider it graffiti on the server. They have the closest settlement to the crossroads and don't put even the slightest bit of effort into making it look nice. This is just my opinion of course. If the people of Dinotown really did put effort into it and for some reason run a texture pack that shows dirt as glossy marble then I apologize..
I do think the population exists in some capacity. The apparent owner of Dinotown told me something about remodelling it, asking me to remove a sign I'd placed conveniently inside the spawn cuboid that reflected my candid opinion of the settlement. I've yet to do so until I see some sort of improvement in the place.
That seems fair.

Also 697, I saw what you were talking about. I don't think that is the Saphiri Embassy. If it is, there are now two in corinth. If we could get someone from saphiri to show us which one is the real embassy that would be good. In my opinion, I believe the one made from smoothstone that has a a green and white symbol on the front is the real one. The fake one seems to be the one made from wool and bookcases that has a sign-"Saphiri Embassy trevmonkeys tesseract"

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 05 Feb 2011, 22:58

, MicheaD20(Dishonorably discharged for creating a twisted, ugly, mangled abomination next to the castle called Eastside. This settlement was deemed unfit for human habitation and demolished by order of the Emporer[C]. MichealD20 fled west and hasn't been seen since.)
well this was a nice statement... o would love to ask for a plot in conrinth and FYI i moved south... i think? your discharge to me has helped me think and say "not everything lasts forever" and taught me to be a mayor and such so thank you and i am hoping you accept my plot application
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Post by 697134002 » 05 Feb 2011, 23:12

michaeld20 wrote:, MicheaD20(Dishonorably discharged for creating a twisted, ugly, mangled abomination next to the castle called Eastside. This settlement was deemed unfit for human habitation and demolished by order of the Emporer[C]. MichealD20 fled west and hasn't been seen since.)
well this was a nice statement... o would love to ask for a plot in conrinth and FYI i moved south... i think? your discharge to me has helped me think and say "not everything lasts forever" and taught me to be a mayor and such so thank you and i am hoping you accept my plot application
How many people live there, exactly? You started it a few days ago.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 05 Feb 2011, 23:43

697134002 wrote:
michaeld20 wrote:, MicheaD20(Dishonorably discharged for creating a twisted, ugly, mangled abomination next to the castle called Eastside. This settlement was deemed unfit for human habitation and demolished by order of the Emporer[C]. MichealD20 fled west and hasn't been seen since.)
How many people live there, exactly? You started it a few days ago.
i belive there 4 or 5 and we had approx 36 diamonds in first week
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 06 Feb 2011, 09:03

jagorrax wrote:Also 697, I saw what you were talking about. I don't think that is the Saphiri Embassy. If it is, there are now two in corinth. If we could get someone from saphiri to show us which one is the real embassy that would be good. In my opinion, I believe the one made from smoothstone that has a a green and white symbol on the front is the real one. The fake one seems to be the one made from wool and bookcases that has a sign-"Saphiri Embassy trevmonkeys tesseract"
I think the Saphiri embassy design is mostly white wool and glass, unless they decided on a different one.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 07 Feb 2011, 23:15

Any projects goin on that I can help with?
~Zoltan

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 08 Feb 2011, 00:55

A few, a massive bridge, a Fortress, and a dungeon. Let me know in-game next time I'm on.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 08 Feb 2011, 19:59

jagorrax wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
jagorrax wrote: Perhaps you can leave a notice: "Unfit for human habitation"-2 week notice before orbital strike. I consider it graffiti on the server. They have the closest settlement to the crossroads and don't put even the slightest bit of effort into making it look nice. This is just my opinion of course. If the people of Dinotown really did put effort into it and for some reason run a texture pack that shows dirt as glossy marble then I apologize..
That seems fair.

Also 697, I saw what you were talking about. I don't think that is the Saphiri Embassy. If it is, there are now two in corinth. If we could get someone from saphiri to show us which one is the real embassy that would be good. In my opinion, I believe the one made from smoothstone that has a a green and white symbol on the front is the real one. The fake one seems to be the one made from wool and bookcases that has a sign-"Saphiri Embassy trevmonkeys tesseract"
We had an embassy contest a while back. Trevmonkey's tesseract won by a large margin. So thats the correct one.

I believe Crashendo built the other one. As he seemed to dislike the fact that an empty foundation was all the embassy was for a time. I told him that we would get ours up soon. So that's it really.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

ChirpsAreFlying

Post by ChirpsAreFlying » 08 Feb 2011, 20:09

jagorrax wrote:Ok here is our new map. The areas I marked in red is our current border. The sky blue is where I would like future expansion. The areas marked in black are off limits as I would like to give some space to our neighboring settlements. The marked areas in yellow are where we need new roads to make it easier to travel within the Corinthian Empire. And the question mark at the bottom refers to a settlement called Snakehead City which was created by DanAsmith and chirpsareflying. I had approval from Dan a while ago to build our walls around them. I want to make sure they havent changed their minds before we expand southward. While I would have no control over that land, we can at least expand behind them.
I was just having a conversation with DanAsmith and we both agree that we will still allow you to build your walls around us. On the condition that you will give us adequate space between us and the walls for us and the residence of Snake Head City, to expand our city. Thank-you for asking us again if we did not mind you building around us.
The Friendly Canadian. :)

megavici15

Post by megavici15 » 08 Feb 2011, 22:23

Volstag9 wrote:
jagorrax wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote: I do think the population exists in some capacity. The apparent owner of Dinotown told me something about remodelling it, asking me to remove a sign I'd placed conveniently inside the spawn cuboid that reflected my candid opinion of the settlement. I've yet to do so until I see some sort of improvement in the place.
That seems fair.

We had an embassy contest a while back. Trevmonkey's tesseract won by a large margin. So thats the correct one.

I believe Crashendo built the other one. As he seemed to dislike the fact that an empty foundation was all the embassy was for a time. I told him that we would get ours up soon. So that's it really.
We know that Trevmonkeys is the legitimate one. The problem is that is EXTREMELY close to the muesem and blocks half the building.
The sun never sets on the Corinthian Empire.

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 08 Feb 2011, 22:47

Well guys, I just bought cuboid for the spawn tunnel, so no more flooding and no more creepers. :D
~Zoltan