The Building Of the Imperial City: Diggin is DONE!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Infesord
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with moar work!

Post by Infesord » 25 Jul 2011, 03:50

LOL I see new posts for this thread thinking "ooo an update or something" but all I get is about the Blackadder's TNT cannon of love? Oh well. One day that thing is gonna get decommissioned as well as the messy warehouse.

Btw was the leak at least corrected? If not I'll fix myself.

As well, earlier today we had quite some activity at IC as some of mods watched me, Izzataa and Eddietester work about. Currently there is still a lot to do at the NE corner but Level 4 has made very nice progress.

KratzKrank

Post by KratzKrank » 25 Jul 2011, 08:14

I have been working on the South Western corner the last week or so, and when I am done with my current chunk, I'll join the fine workers in the North Eastern corner. Currently I have managed to mine away about 22 full double chests, which I'm just waiting for some mod to turn into precious diamonds. :twisted:

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 25 Jul 2011, 12:17

Hey, i guess its time i do some work here :D
Well... more work ^^
What levels are good for working on? :L

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 25 Jul 2011, 20:30

Anything in the North East Corner is appreciated, right now I'm on the 4th floor (the lowest one) and am approaching its completion very quickly, as the top half and a bit of the bottom has been removed. Either work there or start preparing the 5th floor.

I know Eddietester is working on the top of the NE mound which is all well and good, but chances are it wont mean much because the top is always saturated with a large amount of dirt which is blown away with minimal TNT, hence why I work at the lower floors where rock levels are more consistent. Once I hit a level or an area with way more dirt than rock I just start throwing TNT everywhere to clear out the mess of Dirt.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 25 Jul 2011, 20:39

Okay guys, Big news for IC:

IC has been removed from Terra/Ver3 and is now in it's own world now. Temporary access the new IC world from the HUB in the Library and Info Corner (between Genesis/Version 1 and Exitus/Version 2 worlds). It will spawn you up top on the warehouse, and the exit is right there as well to go back to the HUB.

The entire world is Cuboided, so if you want to work at IC you will have to be added to the cuboid list. I have already sent a list of people I know will need/want access already, but if I missed you, you will have to contact a Mod to add you to the list.

As well, during the move ALL LWC PLUG-IN FUNCTIONS have been RESET. So you will have to re-lock (/cprivate) your boxes once you get access again.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 25 Jul 2011, 20:54

We also have a small incentive as well for the players who help, for every double box of cobble/dirt/gravel that is provided (ie placed in the warehouse with ur name on it) we give you a diamond, this is in conjunction with the tools we proved and the face that you can keep any and all ore that you find. The warehouse V2 is in construction and more shall be reviled later.
Are you still doing this? And is that screenshot saying 1 diamond per 10 stacks outdated?

I've never actually been to IC, but if tools are provided, we can keep the stuff we mine, and we get paid for it; sounds like a good deal to me!

P.S.: What quality tools are they, and do we keep them?

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 25 Jul 2011, 21:12

Aenir_bEPU wrote:
I've never actually been to IC, but if tools are provided, we can keep the stuff we mine, and we get paid for it; sounds like a good deal to me!

P.S.: What quality tools are they, and do we keep them?
The tools are of diamond quality however you may only use them at IC, you cannot take them with you out of IC.

The payment info in that post is LONG overdue for a rewrite. It should say 1 diamond for a filled double box of Cobblestone (so 54 stacks). Obviously its a very lousy pay rate but Imperial City is mostly a Labour of Love and not about making money. Its at least somewhat of an incentive to keep going besides the idea of this project being completed.

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 25 Jul 2011, 21:20

Infesord wrote:Okay guys, Big news for IC:
As well, during the move ALL LWC PLUG-IN FUNCTIONS have been RESET. So you will have to re-lock (/cprivate) your boxes once you get access again.
Well, I suppose that's one way to underp my chests. Seems a bit... drastic :P

(If you clicked on one side, it was set to me, but the other side was private to Lionheart. Weird.)
Which leads to this:

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 25 Jul 2011, 21:27

Infesord wrote:The payment info in that post is LONG overdue for a rewrite. It should say 1 diamond for a filled double box of Cobblestone (so 54 stacks). Obviously its a very lousy pay rate but Imperial City is mostly a Labour of Love and not about making money. Its at least somewhat of an incentive to keep going besides the idea of this project being completed.
But we keep the cobble as well right?

If so, sign me up, hand me a pick and tell me where to go (preferably when I'm online so I don't get lost).

P.S.: Do we need to bring the chests, or are those provided?

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 25 Jul 2011, 21:35

Aenir_bEPU wrote: But we keep the cobble as well right?

If so, sign me up, hand me a pick and tell me where to go (preferably when I'm online so I don't get lost).

P.S.: Do we need to bring the chests, or are those provided?
No, the Cobble is destroyed when it is being payed for into diamond(s), it essentially acts as "proof of work". If you want to actually own the cobble that is fine as well, but no diamond exchange.

I can guide you and help ya get started if I am online when you are, as well provide boxes and what not. Currently the server is down at the moment as it is being upgraded for Piston Technology, but when its back up I'll hop back in.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 25 Jul 2011, 22:11

Aw. Thought we kept the cobble.

Still, if diamond tools are provided (which we can't take outside IC) and I can choose to keep the cobble for myself that's still better than using my own tools for cobble in my mines. I'm game.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 26 Jul 2011, 14:31

Aenir_bEPU wrote:Aw. Thought we kept the cobble.

Still, if diamond tools are provided (which we can't take outside IC) and I can choose to keep the cobble for myself that's still better than using my own tools for cobble in my mines. I'm game.
you can keep the cobble in exchange for not being payed for it.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 26 Jul 2011, 15:14

can i be added to the cuboid please

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 29 Jul 2011, 12:24

Heh, I never got paid for anything, I was just bored :/

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 29 Jul 2011, 18:48

Rodech wrote:Heh, I never got paid for anything, I was just bored :/
Well you know some people just can't help doing stuff without some sort of money-like incentive if being bored or the idea of the project getting completed isn't good enough reasons.

And you know what, it helps me stay on track too, helps me see how much work I have done based not only on stuff cleared by how many chests I fill up.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 29 Jul 2011, 19:32

I just want mah cobbles ';..;'

But blowing stuff up with TNT is fun. As is watching Fuzz mess up.

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 31 Jul 2011, 14:08

Just going to say thanks to new players, the tools room is now closed for now.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

UndeadJesus

Post by UndeadJesus » 01 Aug 2011, 02:35

Hytro wrote:Just going to say thanks to new players, the tools room is now closed for now.
What happened? >.<

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 01 Aug 2011, 02:36

New people stealing diamond tools and flaunting it.

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 01 Aug 2011, 10:10

Maybe make the project vet+ to avoid these people and griefers?
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 01 Aug 2011, 18:18

Wildwill002 wrote:Maybe make the project vet+ to avoid these people and griefers?
Well, it's already cuboided. I there a reasonably simple way to tie the dispensers to the cuboid permissions? If not, the next thing I can think of is to restrict the warp.

And for the thieving idiots: /creplace armor lava
Which leads to this:

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 01 Aug 2011, 18:42

Oh wow that's ridiculous, I didn't think this would happen with the cuboid in effect. Usually too we all grab our tools from the new dispensers down at Level 4, since it also has a dispenser for Flint & Steel. There is also one for swords... which is completely unnecessary as mobs do not spawn in IC anymore.

I am assuming all those who did steal tools have been caught and disciplined?

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 01 Aug 2011, 18:47

Yep. Wokka was pretty pissed but it's handled now.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 02 Aug 2011, 02:32

Hey, I think I have a very basic solution to this new problem we have with new people coming into IC to steal stuff from the dispensers, why don't we just have boxes instead? You NEED access to the cuboid to see inside even a public chest right? And if you have been added to the cuboid you can be trusted to not abuse this system and just take all the stuff out at once and only what you need.

Plus a single box holds more slots than a dispenser does, so you can store a lot more in a place than before.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 02 Aug 2011, 02:45

Infesord wrote:Hey, I think I have a very basic solution to this new problem we have with new people coming into IC to steal stuff from the dispensers, why don't we just have boxes instead? You NEED access to the cuboid to see inside even a public chest right? And if you have been added to the cuboid you can be trusted to not abuse this system and just take all the stuff out at once and only what you need.

Plus a single box holds more slots than a dispenser does, so you can store a lot more in a place than before.
That's a good idea, but each of the dispenser slots had a 64-stack of tools. :P I'd suggest talking to wokka or lionheart about the chests though.

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 02 Aug 2011, 04:00

aflycon wrote:
Infesord wrote:Hey, I think I have a very basic solution to this new problem we have with new people coming into IC to steal stuff from the dispensers, why don't we just have boxes instead? You NEED access to the cuboid to see inside even a public chest right? And if you have been added to the cuboid you can be trusted to not abuse this system and just take all the stuff out at once and only what you need.

That's a good idea, but each of the dispenser slots had a 64-stack of tools. :P I'd suggest talking to wokka or lionheart about the chests though.
Well, take the stack up, right click and only 1 gets plased, and put the stack back :D
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

UndeadJesus

Post by UndeadJesus » 02 Aug 2011, 05:53

Well we need to fix this dilemma ASAP otherwise the IC will take much longer to finish.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Aug 2011, 06:33

how about putting the tool room behind a hidden door? then they can wander and see the sights of IC but wont be able to take any tools until somone shows them the entrance. :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 02 Aug 2011, 07:26

Well, sins we are all now just throwing out ideas, here is one more, give all the tools to me :D I'll keep them safe and I can give them to those who are trust worthy... tottaly, you can trust me on this one

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Aug 2011, 07:29

even if you do people would only be able to get tools while your online.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick