The Building Of the Imperial City: Diggin is DONE!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
DuplicateValue
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City

Post by DuplicateValue » 07 Jan 2011, 22:24

Lefthit wrote:
mydrox wrote:
city_anim.gif
Just out of curiosity, how big is 500x500 in realation to this pic....
Lik the whole view, or about the size of the quarry like crater that is appearing around the tower
Every square pixel you see is a block, so a 500x500 pixel area.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 09 Jan 2011, 23:18

WhiteGold Tower is dug out!! Also new pics!

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 09 Jan 2011, 23:28

Lefthit wrote:
mydrox wrote:
city_anim.gif
Just out of curiosity, how big is 500x500 in realation to this pic....
Lik the whole view, or about the size of the quarry like crater that is appearing around the tower
That gif is the hole land.

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 11 Jan 2011, 08:30

We have been mentioned in The Escapist Magazine!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... g-Oblivion

Dudeio

Post by Dudeio » 11 Jan 2011, 11:22

I would love to join and help!

I'm not sure what server this is on, I couldn't find an address.

Also, I started like a week ago on my dragon age server :D
Not sure if it's 1:1 but it's big, I'm alone on it though so progress is slow.
I would still love to work on the Imperial City!

Also, it looked like you dug all the way to bedrock, does that mean that you're just making the city? No island or Lake Rumare?

Zipman

Post by Zipman » 11 Jan 2011, 13:47

I would love to join you guys, but I haven't really tried multiplayer before. So what is expected of me?

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 11 Jan 2011, 15:23

Blackadder51 wrote:We have been mentioned in The Escapist Magazine!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... g-Oblivion
And I now suggest that you do not lead any new players who want to "help" to the build site for the next couple of weeks, just to keep griefer damage to a minimum. That article painted a huge target on your project, and I'd hate to see it ruined.

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 11 Jan 2011, 21:28

I'm already helping but officially count me in now. Although I've never played Oblivion.. It is a real shame that Vets cannot use TNT, I'm very good with it and I would NEVER grief like that. And I really want to donate, so so badly. Parents don't let me use paypal or credit cards so i really can't. :( (Sad face.)
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Loki

Post by Loki » 11 Jan 2011, 21:33

So I read the escapist article, and thought this all sounded dandy, so I went to the given coordinates, but somehow I'm not seeing anything. Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
I would like to help this project, it seems great.

Thespian42

Post by Thespian42 » 11 Jan 2011, 21:38

Loki wrote:So I read the escapist article, and thought this all sounded dandy, so I went to the given coordinates, but somehow I'm not seeing anything. Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
I too read the escapist Article and, being quite the Minecraft fan myself, decided it'd be fun to join. I understand the whole, no adding new people for a little while, but you'll put a server IP up again soon, right?

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 11 Jan 2011, 21:42

Thespian42 wrote:
Loki wrote:So I read the escapist article, and thought this all sounded dandy, so I went to the given coordinates, but somehow I'm not seeing anything. Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
I too read the escapist Article and, being quite the Minecraft fan myself, decided it'd be fun to join. I understand the whole, no adding new people for a little while, but you'll put a server IP up again soon, right?
The server IP has never been pulled.

In fact, its lurking somewhere on these very forums. :o

Lefthit

Post by Lefthit » 11 Jan 2011, 21:58

Just a lil memo.. When i was excavating last night the tool room was pretty low on shovels( under 10 fer shur) and their were zip torches. So when i get on tonight ill be happy to donate a stack of coal towards torches (64x4=256 torches right?) . I think pickaxes are good thats what i was mainly using . I dont really have any diamond, b/c i just bought me a cuboid (im calling it L.A. ) so i did just transfer a block of diamond ur guys' way... And 5 blox o gold for your...pants lol?
GO LAKERS
Lava and diamonds and lava and diamonds

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 14 Jan 2011, 04:03

Sir_Luke wrote:It is a real shame that Vets cannot use TNT, I'm very good with it and I would NEVER grief like that.
We're not supposed to for this project?
:shock: But i used two stacks already, one getting rid of a floating island with wisey, the other down in the mine levelling the floors out and expanding the cave (far enough away from the towers base, plus I built temp blast shields to prevent any damage to it) .... Black seemed ok when he heard it go boom...

lionheart_1
Site Contributor

Post by lionheart_1 » 14 Jan 2011, 04:07

tehbeard wrote:
:shock: But i used two stacks already, one getting rid of a floating island with wisey, the other down in the mine levelling the floors out and expanding the cave (far enough away from the towers base, plus I built temp blast shields to prevent any damage to it) .... Black seemed ok when he heard it go boom...
Don't worry, beard. TNT is ok for land clearing. Thank you for being careful. :)
'Orbis non sufficit'

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 14 Jan 2011, 15:23

lionheart_1 wrote:
tehbeard wrote:
Don't worry, beard. TNT is ok for land clearing. Thank you for being careful. :)

Yes yes you do tend to stress tidiness.....a good thing to stress indeed. :)
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Buchal

Post by Buchal » 17 Jan 2011, 16:05

Just ordered my PC! :mrgreen:
I promise to toil away for days on end for the good of the project. You have my pickaxe.....

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 17 Jan 2011, 19:01

Hey, I´m just astounded by your work, and as a big TES fan myself I want to help when I can, but what is the IP for the server? Or does it stand somewhere else? :P
Edit: Ah, read a post that the IP is somewhere on the forum, gonna start my lurking then :P
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Buchal

Post by Buchal » 17 Jan 2011, 19:32

Hytro wrote:Hey, I´m just astounded by your work, and as a big TES fan myself I want to help when I can, but what is the IP for the server? Or does it stand somewhere else? :P
Edit: Ah, read a post that the IP is somewhere on the forum, gonna start my lurking then :P
Think of it as a test of somesort..... :P

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 17 Jan 2011, 19:38

Buchal wrote:
Hytro wrote:Hey, I´m just astounded by your work, and as a big TES fan myself I want to help when I can, but what is the IP for the server? Or does it stand somewhere else? :P
Found it :D but is it only that one server? So I have to run around looking for it? :P
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Jan 2011, 19:51

Hytro wrote:
Buchal wrote:
Found it :D but is it only that one server? So I have to run around looking for it? :P
We're on a temporary server at the moment, the server with the Imperial City will be back up when Bukkit is sorted.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Chimera_2510

Post by Chimera_2510 » 18 Jan 2011, 05:24

I just read the escapist article and would be interested in helping with this, massive minecraft and oblivion fan. I havent played multiplayer yet so i got no idea how to join or anything, if you need my help, send me the details :)

Mekose

Post by Mekose » 18 Jan 2011, 18:53

Where do I sign up? =D! I have no idea what this server or forum is, and I've never played on it before, but I saw this story on the Escapist and now I have got to get in. Someone give me some direction and you can count me in!

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 Jan 2011, 18:56

Chimera_2510 wrote:I just read the escapist article and would be interested in helping with this, massive minecraft and oblivion fan. I havent played multiplayer yet so i got no idea how to join or anything, if you need my help, send me the details :)
Mekose wrote:Where do I sign up? =D! I have no idea what this server or forum is, and I've never played on it before, but I saw this story on the Escapist and now I have got to get in. Someone give me some direction and you can count me in!
This is the escapecraft server, the Ip is in main rules.

Unfortunately were in testing mode which means that work on imperial city is currently halted :(

I update this regularly, so keep checking to see when its back up

Blackadder51
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with Lapis Lazuli

Post by Blackadder51 » 19 Jan 2011, 06:56

Do you want Lapis Lazuli to make cool pixel art, a thriving business or part of your rock collection, but have no idea were to find it in the live server?!

Well worry no more! As soon as the main server comes back online, i shall be placing Lupis Lazuli Ore at diamond ore spawn levels, this means if you come and help not only could you find diamond but you can also find this extremely rare item. Any smart artist, entrepreneur or collected would do this so come along and give a hand :)

I have also cleaned the main Op a bit, and added a new picture of White Gold Tower. I also need to redesign the main warehouse as currently it is rather, inefficient and cramp.

Keep checking this thread though, it is updated often.

Happy Mining!

moimanticore

Post by moimanticore » 19 Jan 2011, 07:48

I can't wait to get back to mining, I might bring along a couple guys though.
Meh I don't have anything worth saying.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 19 Jan 2011, 08:27

Nice idea with placing a bit of rare ore to encourage people. I still can't help unfortunately, my project's taking just as much time as this, only with less helpers, so I'm a bit tied to that right now. :mrgreen:

Having said that, a break is always nice, so if someone's willing to show me the way, I might stop by a bit and see how it's going.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Wolfram

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City:Maybe with Lapis Lazul

Post by Wolfram » 19 Jan 2011, 16:24

So in the Imperial City... any chance of having a Spleef arena???

Also, is there going to be a central cart transport system? It would be pretty epic to have easy cart transport between different cities/settlements

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 19 Jan 2011, 16:28

Wolfram wrote:So in the Imperial City... any chance of having a Spleef arena???

Also, is there going to be a central cart transport system? It would be pretty epic to have easy cart transport between different cities/settlements

As I've said before, I highly doubt that there will be a spleef arena, as it's supposed to be completely faithful to the game.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Wolfram

Post by Wolfram » 19 Jan 2011, 16:29

The Bum wrote:
Wolfram wrote:So in the Imperial City... any chance of having a Spleef arena???

As I've said before, I highly doubt that there will be a spleef arena, as it's supposed to be completely faithful to the game.
Yeah but the regular arena wouldn't really have any use would it? Might as well just pretend it's the original arena :D

Milo_Windby
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: With more Lapis Lazul

Post by Milo_Windby » 19 Jan 2011, 16:54

The arena could have Area PvP for fighting and possibly have a way to convert it for spleef as well, either by hiding bridges of dirt or... something, I think if its done right it could be used for spleef... just need to take into account the design of the arena first.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3