Landscapers' Guild!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
SMWasder
Retired

Landscapers' Guild!

Post by SMWasder » 22 Jan 2012, 09:12

You might have seen that I've been meaning to start this up for a while, but I've never gotten around to doing it :lol: . But as my exams will soon be out of the way (for a few months at least), I've decided to plough ahead and create this thread. I'm replacing the old one, because initially it was just going to be me, but a few people offered to get involved too.

What we will do

The Guild will take on any job to terraform, garden or otherwise beautify areas of our worlds upon request. Be it your garden, town or just a depleted forest, we'll take the job. We are a non profit organisation; pay is not necessarily required (if you do feel generous, just tip whomever does the job), but donations are very welcome (smoothstone, dirt, saplings, bonemeal, flowers, tools etc).

Please note that we will not do farms. I started this because I was tired of seeing floating treetops and the like, that is not what this is for.

Feel like helping out?

If you feel like helping, feel free to contact me in this thread, via pm or ingame. When I build the guild hall there will be an applications board (co-ords will be posted). If there's any kind of thing you prefer doing (for example, if you like working on a particular type of biome), just say, and I'll ask you first if that kind of job comes up. Don't expect to get too rich out of this mind you. Anything you get from jobs will just be tips.

Need a job done?

Just ask! We're not open for business yet, but when we are you can ask here or on a request board in the guild hall. I can't make any promises on the speed at which the jobs will be done at, but we will do eventually. Any kind of landscaping or gardening jobs will be taken, even if you wanted us to say, create an area of volcanic wasteland.

When I get things moving I'll update this thread (add screenies and things, edit bits), and start taking jobs. That'll probably be around midweek, but I'm not entirely sure. Feel free to give some suggestions.

EDIT1: Probably going to make a start on the guild hall this evening actually. Looking at building on the rails at the start of New West Fyra.
WWTDD

LS13
Retired

Re: Landscapers' Guild!

Post by LS13 » 22 Jan 2012, 13:54

Can i go ahead and ask for a terraforming job? I am too busy to terraform the land around my town hall site, since i am currently working on 5-6 projects.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 22 Jan 2012, 14:55

Well I'll be happy to do it, just give me some co-ords/directions. As soon as I get everything else out of the way I'll make a start.
WWTDD

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 22 Jan 2012, 15:21

SMW, do you have a guild hall built yet?
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 22 Jan 2012, 15:45

Coords are 8725, 3607 x,z

I need the area around the dirt platform terraformed to look like a natural hill, maybe with some cliffs and waterfalls. I'm fine if the hill is hollow, as long as it is lit up down there. Whoever works on this feel free to let loose, as long as it looks nice in the end I'm fine (and there will be a tip). One thing, on the east side beneath the rails are some of my chests, please leave an area for me to get back in there, since that is where much of my stuff is located. Thank you :)

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 22 Jan 2012, 15:54

Not yet sti, I'm looking at building over the rails where new-west Fyra joins old Fyra.
WWTDD

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 22 Jan 2012, 20:06

I could join this guild, I would only do nether terraforming... in the normal world... so covering everything with netherrack pretty much...
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 22 Jan 2012, 20:10

SMW, I can join the Guild :) I can make roads. I love making roads! Roads, roads, roads!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 22 Jan 2012, 22:17

o_O roads.... :3

well theres the answer to my question SMW. you do roads now.

:P
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 22 Jan 2012, 22:23

I don't have a job request or application, I'm just here to vouch for the group. SMW does a great job.

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 23 Jan 2012, 00:12

I'd like to join this guild as well!

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 23 Jan 2012, 08:50

To slow, deal is off
Last edited by Hytro on 29 Jan 2012, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 23 Jan 2012, 09:06

Hytro wrote:I actually have a job, um, I need to get rid of all the snow in my Daedric Plain... snow caps all over the place :O
So, if anyone wanna do it, here is the cords.
Cords:
Terra
x: 1552
z: 1949

Edit: As a note, my Daedric Plain is in a snow biome, yes. But I have also made a giant roof over it all.
*spawns snow golems*
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 23 Jan 2012, 15:31

Lol vall, no lava to get rid of the snow?

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 23 Jan 2012, 19:50

Just a little note, I tip good for the one who does my job.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 24 Jan 2012, 01:15

Almost forgot, I will need to add whoever will be working on my job to the Frost town cuboid until they finish, so whenever someone takes the job i need to know exactly who (as in their exact minecraft name) so that they can get started asap after accepting the job, Thank you :)

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 24 Jan 2012, 07:22

This sounds like a marvelous guild to become involved in, If it would be alright with you I would love to join in the fun and terragames.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :
but as soon as i get a truck, it's gonna be my lil man cave on wheels

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 26 Jan 2012, 14:50

The project that was keeping the building of the guild hall back (a garden in Beorn I was doing for alfy) is now finished! That means that I'll actually get around to doing things that I said I'd do for a change. Feel free to ask in game if you want to lend your able hands.

Update: If you travel west in Fyra, you will find a 21x29 area over the rails marked with cobble (temporary) just into the new west area. This is the future site of the guild hall! :D .

Update 2: If you're a generous soul, pine, stonebrick, wool and glass are appreciated donations to the construction. Might extend the landclaim a bit too.
WWTDD

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 29 Jan 2012, 18:44

Right, the hall is pretty much finished. I haven't sorted out chests properly yet or a couple of minor things, but it's there. Starting from tomorrow, I'm open to jobs. I guess, starting with LS13's.
WWTDD

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 19:39

Ok, so u will be personally doing mine? I have to know everyone that will be working on it. Oh, and i have dirt for the hills.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 30 Jan 2012, 11:22

I'll personally be doing it for the moment. People can help if they like but I haven't sorted out the cuboid to allow people to access the chests and things. I guess if people want to help at the moment they can just ask and I can get them things. I'll work it out.
WWTDD

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 16:48

OK, I'll just add you for now then. Can't wait to see the end result :) the chest will be inside the ice wall enclosure.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 30 Jan 2012, 17:46

I'm on it, it's a pretty big job XD. Might take a while.
WWTDD

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 19:04

Yeah, it is kinda large... thank you for doing this :)

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 31 Jan 2012, 14:31

Anyone who wants to join, ask and I'll add you to the Hall's cuboid. You'll have access to the supply chests, only take what you need for a job (I actually don't mind you using supplies for stuff on your own land, but only if you absolutely need it). At the moment I guess, Ghost, Singh and Nighty?
WWTDD

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 31 Jan 2012, 15:43

Yes. I would like to join.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 01 Feb 2012, 15:02

I've added you to the cuboid (thanks for that Alfy). Also, the hall has access directly to the rail below it (thanks again for the help there Alfy). Just adding some screenshots to the OP.
WWTDD

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 24 Feb 2012, 10:35

The Frost job is done (has been for quite a while :s), so I can do some work if anyone needs us... Dunno if anyone needs any work done, but we're still here.
WWTDD