Under the Dome

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Fenreil

Under the Dome

Post by Fenreil » 17 Jun 2011, 23:12

So, I finally finished my dome project, but it turns out that I'm not very good at building stuff inside of it. I've been giving it my best shot, but the results aren't quite what I envisioned. SO, I figured I'd make this thread to see if anyone would be interested in helping me work on it, or if anyone felt like stopping by to build a house. Even if you only have ideas to share, not work, I'm interested.

If you do feel like helping, just stop by or contact me when I'm online, or in this thread. The place is a short distance southwest from the boat on Terra, you can't miss it.

Outside: It may not look like it in this pic, but it's a max size dome, with a radius of 64 blocks.

I've been trying to build this bloody thing since Escapecraft 1, and I'll never be able to work on anything else until I'm satisfied with it.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

michaeld20

Re: Under the Dome

Post by michaeld20 » 18 Jun 2011, 15:53

I can help, What type of designing? and also i have a proposition of a use for the dome
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 18 Jun 2011, 16:52

I don't see your problem, I think it looks fantastic!
"Wollt ihr 'n Hut? Nur Mut, 'n Hut tut gut!"

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 18 Jun 2011, 18:17

makkaal wrote:I don't see your problem, I think it looks fantastic!
Yes, absolutely breathtaking.
--Tulonsae

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 18 Jun 2011, 18:45

It's all just empty space, and I'm not good at filling it. And I mean besides just people building houses inside it. All the public stuff is just simple shells, and I destroyed what was supposed to be my private quarters because I just couldn't figure out what I could put inside of it.

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 18 Jun 2011, 20:13

Ah, okay, I see.
You could always start out with the clichés: A statue, a church (or similar building of decadence), a park, a fountain. A second level above. An ancient tree (I've been trying to build a world-matching tree with a 3x3 stem, it's actually a nice challenge). A hotel (rooms with beds, a lobby, a restaurant and a kitchen, done), a bank, a city hall with meeting room, kitchen, chill-out-zone including a fireplace. You could designate a market place, possibly even set up the stalls that people can rent, using colored wool and single fenceposts.

Even if you prefer the more pragmatic stuff... You could go ahead and design the public tree, wheat, sugarcane and cactus farms. Who knows, maybe you're even able to make an animal farm, as I can see you have grass in there.

Where is your dome anyway, and how can you get to it?

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 18 Jun 2011, 22:49

It's Southwest from the boat spawn in Terra. Just walk that way (or swim) for a little bit. You can't miss it.

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 19 Jun 2011, 05:49

I'll be sure to come around and take a look next time I'm online. I'm curious about this dome of yours.

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 19 Jun 2011, 11:59

Fenreil, I hope you don't mind but Cho gave me permission to put a subway stop at Art Park. The most viable spot for the stop happens to be just underneath one of the little entrances to your dome so I kind of merged the two and made it the Art Park/Fenreil's Dome stop. you will see it on the updated map if you look later today. It's really easy to get to but sort of hard to find. it's in your entrance that is just under the big ESCAPECRAFT sign in art park.

Also If you want I will be glad to help build some stuff for you in your dome. you've seen my complex, I love smoothstone and stone slabs and glass.. I also enjoy sandstone but am out of sand

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 19 Jun 2011, 22:41

That's fine. I want to move the purple marker to underneath it or something, 'cause that block looks kind of awkward up there.

Also, I visited your subway today and rode around for a bit, and I would like to spruce up the lines, if you'd tell me how you'd like them to look. That way you can focus on finish the base lines.

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 29 Jun 2011, 20:52

fen if you wanna do some work on the rails feel free. keep a couple things in mind though, the ceiling of the subway tunnel at your dome is one block thick and then it's water. DO NOT BREAK THIS CEILING. I didn't realize I built that close until I opened it. also keep in mind that although the wood blocks look stupid and crappy they are necessary boosters and should not be removed. anything else feel free to mess with as long as it doesn't effect the system in any way.