Corinth

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
aflycon
Retired

Corinth

Post by aflycon » 24 May 2011, 21:38

Last name change, I swear.
Aflycon's Decree, 11/27/11 wrote:At this time, Corinth's future remains uncertain. As Derigin said, and old agreement between he, Jag, and I, allows leadership to default onto us (Derigin and myself) in his absence. With Derigin resigning and Jag still gone indefinitely, I now run Corinth by myself.

Many of the ACL's members have left. Tulon and Derigin resigned, Givemeabreak is largely inactive, as is Jagorrax. Presently, Furdabip, Ramza Ydoc, and I are the board's only prominent remaining members. An association cannot be run on three members, so I am announcing the official disbandment of the Association of Corinthian Leaders. I feel the only sensible thing to do now is to revert to Corinth's old system, placing me in the Emperor's throne and Furdabip at my side, as Legate. Other members have, as of this post, reverted to the rank of General.

The next matter of business is Corinthian property. Beorn and Tulonville both have seceded from the empire, leaving Haven City, Talon Co., Corinth (& districts), and Noblewood.

Corinth itself is in the process of being retired. Much of it has been renovated or restored, but there is still much work to be done. I can't offer an estimate on how long this will take, but eventually, records will be established and property distributed to its rightful owners. Abandoned homes in Corinth will not be torn down, but instead renovated and beautified. Any unclaimed plots will be sold or given away, and any open land will be converted to parks/monuments/more living space.

Talon Co. was one of Jagorrax's projects. It houses the largest Corinthian Vault, home to many of our legitimate resources. However, being his unfinished project, Talon Co. will await his return.

Haven City belonged to Givemeabreak. After a mass eviction at the end of August 2011, the city fell into abandonment and disrepair. If Givemeabreak has no intent to fix Haven City, it will default to ownership of 697134002. Should he choose not to accept it, Corinth will repossess the property and annex it or farm it for materials.

Noblewood is an independent district owned by Ramza Ydoc. It is still under development, but has homes for sale. I have no intent to use Noblewood as a device to re-establish Corinth, and Ramza Ydoc does with it what he pleases. At this time, Noblewood is the only entirely active district of Corinth.

You may be asking, "But Afly, what of Corinth in the future?"

I will not allow these times to be the end of Corinth. Though Old Corinth is retired, Talon Co. and Haven abandoned, a New Corinth will rise from its ashes, again returning the empire to its rightful place as the largest and most successful settlement known to Escapia.

For now, the Empire is at a standstill. All relations remain suspended. Further updates to follow.
Spoiler! :
DISTRICT OWNERS: Please fill out the following sheet for your districts.

Old News:
Spoiler! :
District Name:
Founders:
Leader/Leaders:
Co-Leaders:
Corinth Representative Untitled Position:

The Corinthian Federation

What is Corinth?

Founded by GrimX9, Givemeabreak432, and several other humble settlers in December of 2010, Corinth (read: The Corinthian Federation) has developed into Escapecraft's largest and most developed settlement. Its holds span all readily-available survival worlds, and it is ever-expanding. Through several changes in power, organization, and government, Corinth has evolved into one of, if not the most well-maintained places on Escapecraft. Its state and affairs are currently overseen by the ACL (Association of Corinthian Leaders, see below).

Information

Ranks within the Empire

Triumvirate: Jagorrax, Aflycon, Derigin
------------------------------------------
- The Triumvirate (formerly Emperor, Ruler Taco Supreme) oversees all changes and additions to the lands of Corinth, and can manage any land claims within the Empire, as well as disputes. It is, essentially, the governing power of Corinth.
(Former Rulers: jagorrax, 2nd and 4th ruler. furdabip, 3rd ruler, went insane, decapitated himself. Grimx9, 1st ruler, left for reasons unknown)

Legate(s): MKindy, Tulonsae
- The Legate manages all affairs of the Empire alongside the Emperor. Legates can also oversee specific areas of the empire as well as rule over them.
(former legates: Megavici, lost between the nether and Esapia; Aflycon and Derigin, formed Triumvirate)

Champion: Nr1asshole
- The Champion oversees expansions, and helps defend the current territory of the Empire.

Lord: XoXZoltanXoX
- The Lord acts on behalf of the Empire, claiming and controlling new lands, changing the current lands, or otherwise helping the Empire out as a whole. Decisions made by the Lord are of the same calibre as those made by the Legate(s) and Triumvirate.

Generals: Warlockseer, Wildwill002, Givemeabreak432, 697134002, Ramzaydoc
- A General is also known as a Mayor, and rules over a district within the Empire. All decisions made within that district are directed to the General, with higher ranks intervening only when necessary.

Districts of Corinth (Terra)
May the records state that Corinth in Terra has been almost wholly abandoned, and now stands as a testament to works and times of the past. Perhaps, someday, work will begin again in this old land, but for now it lies dormant.

Corinth Main
- Corinth Main consists of the area connected to the western docks, and extends out to Waterfall District, and District 7.

District 7
- Located south of Corinth Main, this district is small but packed with several abandoned shops. It has fallen into disrepair.

Waterfall District
- Formerly Corinth East, this district is entirely water and needs plot outlining for future development on housing. No work has been done on this district recently.

Able District
- Located along the Northern border of the main continent Corinth rests on. Able is currently undergoing a facelift to make it more attractive to new residents.

Briarton
- Briarton sits along the Northwestern edge of Corinth and is to be re-established by Furdabip. It now serves as a historical district, with several homes for sale.

EAST CORINTH
  • Plith and Bliss (Pliss)
    - Plith is located just north of Bliss, and is along the Northeast land border of Corinth. Plith also includes many islands in the Northeast section. These two neighbor with Bron-Yr-Aur and Kindytown to form East Corinth.
  • Bron-Yr-Aur
    - Bron-Yr-Aur is a sleepy, Welsh-Oriental themed district along Corinth's East Wall. It neighbors with Pliss and Kindytown to form East Corinth.
  • Kindytown
    - Kindytown is a small, mostly vacant district built by MKindy. Well-planned infrastructure should lure in new residents. It neighbors with Bron-Yr-Aur and Pliss to form East Corinth.
Districts of Corinth (Future Shift)

Talon Company
- Talon Co. acts as a warehouse that contains the shared inventory of all the higher ranks within Corinth. Talon is the driving force that funds Corinthian projects. It is well-maintained by Jagorrax and the rest of the Corinthian higher-ups.

Haven
- Haven is a Corinthian settlement Located in Futureshift, which is rapidly growing. After a mass eviction, work in Haven has slumped.

Districts of Corinth (Fyra)

Beorn
- Beorn is a rapidly growing metropolis, the first stop on the Fyran South Line. Starting as a sleepy town similar to Bron-Yr-Aur, under the care of Derigin and Tulonsae it has quickly jumped up and overshadowed Corinth (Terra) as the server's largest city.

Tulonville
- Tulonville is a suburb of Beorn, which is growing just as fast as Beorn. It offers more spacious plots and a well-planned infrastructure, but cannot compete with the community and homey feel of its neighbor city. Tulonville was founded by Tulonsae shortly after development began on Beorn.

New Buckhamshire
- No info on this settlement yet.

Noblewood
- Noblewood is a small, snowy town in Northern Fyra. It's owned by Ramzaydoc, and is still under heavy development. Currently it is not connected to the rest of Fyran Corinth, or Fyra's rail line; it's a bit isolated, and will stay that way for a while.

The Association of Corinthian Leaders (ACL)

The Association of Corinthian Leaders (ACL) is a small organization formed to make important decisions concerning the Corinthian Empire and the good of its settlements both within its borders and abroad, consisting of the following persons:

Corinthian Triumvirate - Jagorrax, Aflycon, Derigin
Corinthian Legate(s) - MKindy, Tulonsae
Corinthian Champion - Nr1Asshole
Corinthian Lord - XoXZoltanXoX
Corinthian Generals - Warlockseer, Wildwill, Givemeabreak, 697134002,
Recruitment Officer - sag185

Although the meetings of the ACL are held in private, their contents will regularly be revealed to the public if deemed appropriate by the majority of any meeting's attending members. Information will be released in a bulletin-type format, to be posted below.

-- ACL News --
- Vegas has fallen to our mighty empire. What little remains of Vegas now lies at the bottom of the ocean.
- Haven is now open for player housing. Speak with givemeabreak432 or 697.
-The Corinthian Stadium is nearing completion and will be ready for use very soon.
- I need people willing to work on Snakehead.
- Kindytown has been absorbed into East Corinth, which now consists of Bron-Yr-Aur, Kindytown, and Pliss.
- Parks Corinth is underway.
- New Corinthian walls are under construction.

- Corinth in Terra is officially a historical district and work on it has ceased.
- XoXZoltanXoX has risen to the position of Corinthian Lord.
- Plans have begun for further Corinthian expansion and settlement. Long live the Empire!
- A friendly rivalry has been established between the Corinthian Federation and Draconax.
- MichaelD20's name has been stricken from the Corinthian Records. Any wrongdoing by him is henceforth pardoned, and his presence within the Empire henceforth is tolerated.
-----------------
Last edited by aflycon on 22 Jun 2011, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Re: The Association of Corinthian Leaders (ACL)

Post by givemeabreak432 » 24 May 2011, 21:48

I'll start working on Haven more soon...I've been busy lately. Just so ya know.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 24 May 2011, 21:49

givemeabreak432 wrote:I'll start working on Haven more soon...I've been busy lately. Just so ya know.
Alright. I totally forgot about Haven, and I just wrote out a PM to all the other leaders. >_< I'll forward it to you, haha.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 24 May 2011, 21:51

Thanks.

Post by 697134002 » 24 May 2011, 21:56

And me, too. I own the castle part, he owns the town part.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 24 May 2011, 22:17

697134002 wrote:And me, too. I own the castle part, he owns the town part.
Alrighty, sending it your way too. :)

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 24 May 2011, 23:12

I'd like to discuss a few things; best we meet in-game. So if you guys wanna set up a time.... let me know when your available. I really only need to discuss things with aflycon and derigin, but anyone is welcome to join and throw in your ideas/opinions.

I'd like to discuss some short term and long term goals. I also want you guys to find people willing to be mayors to micromanage the lands you are in charge of. I also want to know what we are doing with the land north to northeast of furd's tree farm(the land hugging north wall).
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 25 May 2011, 07:09

jagorrax wrote:I also want to know what we are doing with the land north to northeast of furd's tree farm(the land hugging north wall).
Corinth Amusements was going in there... but I got tired of Minecraft and let WoW creep back into my life.

I had around 8 "games" I was going to put in there, and a giant epic sign with flashing Glowstone. However... I am not entirely sure if I'll ever complete any or all of it. I kinda want to get the Great Corinth Library complete, which leaves only Corinth Amusements left to do, whenever I get the urge to build strong enough to stop playing WoW for a bit. :-)

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 25 May 2011, 16:52

I just had a discussion with Chirps and decided to allow snakehead city to continue to be a part of Corinth. In return, we are now allowed to modify the area to clean it up a bit, remove unneeded structures and expand our wall further south and around snakehead. I'll be doing some work there but I will need a few people to help me and Chirps out. Right now, I'd like to flatten some of the land. Do not remove any structures unless given permission. You guys can also use funding from Talon if needed.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 May 2011, 17:00

This is a good idea and there is much to discuss. I've got exams currently and as such dont have much 'official' time in minecraft so until there other (or at half term next week :D) I've pretty much been messing about in creative. I'm gonna guess that one subject is to change plith and make it actually look good. I'm pretty much the only person in it these days though.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 25 May 2011, 17:43

I have been working on Plith and Bliss to beautify it for some time. It is an ongoing process.

Some of the current projects I'm (slowly) working on:

1. Beautifying Plith and Bliss. So far, this has involved the destruction of old, abandoned buildings, a re-structuring and relaying of roads (they were a mess before, and this will make for nice, straight roadways and pleasant avenues), the removal of unnecessary walls, and the preparation for some public works and new plots. One thing I would like to do is work on a Bliss Castle to go along with the Cathedral/Church of Plith. It will be gorgeous.

2. Beorn (Corinth in Fyra) is also being worked on. I have been trying to attract new people to it, and so far I have about 6 citizens. A new and amazing lighthouse was created, that overlooks Beorn and three other settlements near Beorn. It is a busy area. I am currently working on a mechanized farm system beneath the "Hall" in the center of the town, and a copy of Marlinspike Hall from Tintin as my own personal residence nearby. (If anyone wishes to donate light grey wool, or is willing to sell it, I will take it off your hands!)

3. One initiative I've started for Terra is "Parks Corinth." With the agreement of the other leaders, I am looking at turning certain unused (usually small) plots into pleasant parks, flower beds, and areas for benches. I've mostly been doing this in Corinth Main and Plith/Bliss, but will be expanding into the rest of East Corinth and South Corinth soon too. I will talk to Chirps about expanding this initiative down into Snakehead City (I am certain a Canada-themed park would be perfect down there). As it is right now, there isn't much in terms of parkland in Corinth. The next park, that I am working on, is the Ultraluxe South Memorial Park, or in other words - Afly's Greatest Derp Park. It will be ready soon.

4. I will be building a boardwalk around the coast of Plith and Bliss. It will be something similar to Atlantic City's boardwalk. This one will have the added benefit of connecting Plith and Bliss with the outlying islands in a nice, presentable way. I am hoping that this will make coastal plots in both districts more appealing for people.

5. I'd like to find out a bit more about Vegas. From what I understand, it is currently mod-owned. If it could be incorporated into Corinth, I think it would make a good piece of land. It lies between Corinth and Solake, and is close to the spawn. It would make a good transitory piece of land, and one that I can imagine could be beautified and populated.

6. One thing I'd like to create is an "aquarium" for Corinth Main. I was looking at how the roads are planned for Corinth Main, and I have been discerning ways of having them be more accessible to the rest of Corinth. One way would be to build the main road from the underwater tunnel underneath Corinth Castle, and to line the sides of the tunnel with an amusing aquarium of sorts. Jag, I would like to talk to you about this.

7. Another thing that Alfy and I (unofficially) did was amalgamate the leadership of Bliss/Plith and BYA into "East Corinth." I think this distinction should be more official; officially have an "East Corinth" with at least three districts (Bliss, Plith, BYA). I would suggest, if they would accept it, to give Afly leadership over "East Corinth" and Wildwill co-leadership. This goes into the 8th point.

8. If I may suggest, further clarification on leadership might be worthwile. Each of the leaders is responsible, to some extent, over a district throughout the servers many worlds. Jag has Talon. Afly has BYA. I have Beorn. Furd has Briarton. Grim has OSI. Wildwill has Plith and Bliss. Givemeabreak/697134002 have Haven. And so on. I would suggest having 1 or 2 people generally responsible for one district, with little overlap; it might be useful. Having co-mayors that are mayors of other districts can be very confusing. Afly and I, as Legates, could be considered free agents. We both have investments in our districts, but I must admit, when it comes to Bliss/Plith I see myself less as a mayor and more as a contractor. I am there to do work as I am commissioned to do so (by the district's leader, or by Jag himself).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, as a Legate, I see myself as a contractor when in any other place other than Beorn. I'm there to do work for Corinth, as asked to do or as needed, but the real "lords" of those other districts are other people. I guess I wanted to clarify that, because I do not wish to encroach on the leadership of others.

9. Lastly, I will be doing a survey of Corinth in Terra in order to create an accurate map, similar to the RSTP's map. One thing that confused me when I first starting playing on EC was finding my way around things. With Corinth being so huge, a map is necessary. Thus, if you see me walking aimlessly around towns, it is because I am writing down what belongs to who. I may need mod help when there are no signs around that tells me what belongs to who.

Jag, I will be around MC tonight. What are your plans for beneath Corinth?

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 25 May 2011, 19:31

As Legate, you don't need my permission for most of these projects. I consider you co-leaders of Corinth as a whole, so in a way, you can do whatever you like. Treat corinth as if it is your own private property with the exception of briarton and snakehead. I gave you and alfycon that position because I trust both of you to make good decisions. As for Vegas, there was a time I wanted it, but now i just want it to sink into the ocean. My idea for Corinth is to make it a Metropolis that is clearly one city with different sections rather than towns that are close together.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 26 May 2011, 03:43

jagorrax wrote:As for Vegas, there was a time I wanted it, but now i just want it to sink into the ocean.
If we gain control of it, that ugly spot on the horizon shall be eliminated for you, sir. :-)

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 26 May 2011, 10:56

furdabip wrote:
jagorrax wrote:As for Vegas, there was a time I wanted it, but now i just want it to sink into the ocean.
If we gain control of it, that ugly spot on the horizon shall be eliminated for you, sir. :-)
il remove it for you if i get looting rights! :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 27 May 2011, 11:42

I will be working on a new wall for corinth, one that defines our borders. This is something I will be working on for the next few days. Prepare yourselves when I reach your towns. I will be starting north of Briarton and work my way around clockwise.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 May 2011, 11:47

sorted
Last edited by vallorn on 29 May 2011, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 29 May 2011, 01:18

Don't worry about some of the massive craters. I've been flattening land all day.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 29 May 2011, 03:52

O hai. Guess I should subscribe to this thread. :D

SUZZY_NINJA

Post by SUZZY_NINJA » 29 May 2011, 05:43

Jaggorax, i was allowed to rename that Island right? xD.

Btw, i think you should come check it out. :D

Its going good :D

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 30 May 2011, 14:59

I went ahead and made all members of ACL nobles of Haven.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 30 May 2011, 16:12

Couple of things.

1. Davejavu now runs his own sever and said he wont really be on anymore

2. cprllauc says he's bored of minecraft

So basically they are no longer co-mayors and instead I've enrolled sag185
he's going to be assisting me in fixing the town and controlling whilst I've got exams
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 31 May 2011, 12:26

Wildwill002 wrote:Couple of things.

1. Davejavu now runs his own sever and said he wont really be on anymore

2. cprllauc says he's bored of minecraft

So basically they are no longer co-mayors and instead I've enrolled sag185
he's going to be assisting me in fixing the town and controlling whilst I've got exams
Cool. I've Flattened some lands between Plith and Able revealing a lot of open land. Once I am done building the new wall around corinth, I plan on removing a lot of the old ones. After that, I plan on reworking the northern islands with may....will require the demolition of many structures there. If there is anything you don't want me to destroy, just let me know.

Also, yes SUZZY, you can call the island whatever you want.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 31 May 2011, 12:29

You can tear it all down. Oh and i think Davejavu made a mobtower there... just to make sure you aint ninja'd by any rampant skelles or creepers
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 31 May 2011, 12:42

I plan on making a Blitzball stadium out in the ocean.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 31 May 2011, 12:47

jagorrax wrote:I plan on making a Blitzball stadium out in the ocean.
A giant floating sphere of water? :-D

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 04 Jun 2011, 13:38

Under ACL News, you should put that Haven is open, and to talk to either 697 or me for a plot.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 06 Jun 2011, 19:42

I am redesigning OSI. If you have any ideas on how I should change it, let me know.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 06 Jun 2011, 20:00

jagorrax wrote:I am redesigning OSI. If you have any ideas on how I should change it, let me know.
It would be in the best interests of both myself and MKindy if you moved OSI entirely.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 06 Jun 2011, 23:36

Not sure if this is the correct thread for simple members of this glorious empire...

But, anyway, I finished my house in Corinth main (on the square there). Well, except for the basement (which is partially done) and the sub-basement (waiting for 1.6).

It's 6 floors, not counting the basement and sub-basement.

1st floor, formal living room and deck (looking onto the square), stairs only
2nd floor, bedroom and pool/jacuzzi (overlooking the square), stairs only
3rd floor, sugarcane farm and seating area (overlooking the square), stairs and lift (from basement)
4th floor, wheat and cactus mini-farms, stairs and lift (from basement)
5th floor, tiny tree farm, lift only (from basement) which goes into a separate room (to prevent accidental mob roaming in case I missed lighting it properly)
6th floor, dining and tiny dance area overlooking the city, lift only, from main floor

One feature is the brick multi-fireplace which starts on the main floor and goes to the top, complete with chimney.

Feel free to take a tour.
--Tulonsae

Post by 697134002 » 06 Jun 2011, 23:40

This is for Corinthian Leaders, as it says in the title.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.