The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 22 Oct 2011, 16:11

If you're trying to rejuvenate the USSR the last thing I'd do is make people jump a ridiculous amount of hoops. The test is bad enough as it is in terms of obscurity and how difficult it would be to find the answers to some of the questions, but needing recommendations from more than one leader, each of whom has a test for the prospective USSR member?

That's the kind of thing you only do when you're the best of the best and only require the best. At this time of rejuvenation you'd ought to be trying to make it easier to join.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 22 Oct 2011, 16:27

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:If you're trying to rejuvenate the USSR the last thing I'd do is make people jump a ridiculous amount of hoops. The test is bad enough as it is in terms of obscurity and how difficult it would be to find the answers to some of the questions, but needing recommendations from more than one leader, each of whom has a test for the prospective USSR member?

That's the kind of thing you only do when you're the best of the best and only require the best. At this time of rejuvenation you'd ought to be trying to make it easier to join.
believe it or not, this has actually worked. I never really put forth the idea, I never really liked it but it worked. We've gotten an okay amount of people and they've been pretty loyal actually. When Byroe and the others came up with the idea i think they were going for quality or quantity and i think they got that.

I barely consider myself a leader in all of this. So its more their decision then anything else. I just want more practical tests.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 22 Oct 2011, 19:30

when is the poster USSR forum avatar thingo judged? (i have no idea what its called i forgot)
also am i too late with my entry...

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 22 Oct 2011, 19:48

If you win I will come to your house and kill you congratulate you for a job well done!
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 22 Oct 2011, 20:03

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:If you're trying to rejuvenate the USSR the last thing I'd do is make people jump a ridiculous amount of hoops. The test is bad enough as it is in terms of obscurity and how difficult it would be to find the answers to some of the questions, but needing recommendations from more than one leader, each of whom has a test for the prospective USSR member?

In the USSR we don't care about how many people we have in it, but rather how loyal our members are.
If they are willing to go through the tests they are probably serious about becoming a member and we should spend time and resources on them. This form of testing has already generated a very good membership base with people like ziggylord, smeelo, quazdt, etc.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

random980

Post by random980 » 22 Oct 2011, 22:57

Byroe wrote:

In the USSR we don't care about how many people we have in it, but rather how loyal our members are.
If they are willing to go through the tests they are probably serious about becoming a member and we should spend time and resources on them. This form of testing has already generated a very good membership base with people like ziggylord, smeelo, quazdt, etc.
And people like xzxxzxxx who for some reason was able to skip the test's, not only got banned from USSR, but from the server. The tests may seem a bit harsh, but we want quality members rather then a butt load of new people who will probably just represent our name and do nothing else, then leave. The answers to my questions can be found by searching the words that are in bold into the search bar. Also if you make me laugh that works to. Most importantly though everyone needs to understand we are satire and that these tests are a loud of bullshit anyway design for cheap shits n giggles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Post by 697134002 » 22 Oct 2011, 23:03

Buying a bull can get that end result as well, if you only feed it by letting it it your neighbours' grass.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

random980

Post by random980 » 22 Oct 2011, 23:11

After a short review of my test. I have changed the questions so 1. Its less harsh. 2. Easier. 3. Is now silly.
697134002 wrote:Buying a bull can get that end result as well, if you only feed it by letting it it your neighbours' grass.
What?
Eekum Bokum

Post by 697134002 » 22 Oct 2011, 23:12

random980 wrote:Most importantly though everyone needs to understand we are satire and that these tests are a loud of bullshit anyway design for cheap shits n giggles.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 23 Oct 2011, 00:00

ok byroe what have we gotten done on the list so far? and also shall we do the election next weekend (as i am unavailable untill Thursday or Friday)

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 23 Oct 2011, 15:44

1. finish the clocktower
2. finish/start on the HQ
3. finish making the roads and plots in los doshgas
4. make a train station that will connect any town in fyra that wants to be connected
5. make above ground railways
6. restore saphiri/ all other ussr towns.
7. Create the suggestion box in library.
8. Introduce the new treasury policy
9. create the new branches of gov.
10.finish the road to yabai's town.
11. find 3 stacks of ink sacks.
12. create the USSR arena.
13. create the Jousting arena.
14. finish the roads.
15. Finish jonny's hotel
16. finish lucky 38
17. renew treaty with draconax.
18. create USSR emblem.
19. create the Korten memorial Strip mine.
20. Elect new general, every member of the USSR will be able to vote on their favorite Representative.
21. More comming.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

saxaphonepwns

Post by saxaphonepwns » 23 Oct 2011, 23:55

Ziggy i thought your idea was so good that i added it plus some modifications under the USSR sign i made in the USSR town. Hope you get a chance to look at it and if anyone could get me about a stack and half of wool it would be most apriciated preferably in white and green please.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 24 Oct 2011, 00:01

saxaphonepwns wrote:Ziggy i thought your idea was so good that i added it plus some modifications under the USSR sign i made in the USSR town. Hope you get a chance to look at it and if anyone could get me about a stack and half of wool it would be most apriciated preferably in white and green please.
which idea? also glad you like it :D
and there was a large donation of wool made by sir doom which hopefully random didnt use all of.
EDIT: did you mean my poster thingo idea? does that mean i won : D

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 24 Oct 2011, 13:19

VOTE Sir_Luke for General! please

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 24 Oct 2011, 20:39

clocktower is done! Special thanks to Sax for helping a lot and blackadder for moral support. Also the OP is updated.

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Oct 2011, 00:12

Volstag9 wrote:clocktower is done! Special thanks to Sax for helping a lot and blackadder for moral support. Also the OP is updated.
You updated it and forgot to add Port Royal as a new USSR city, also the description on Solar City still still reads 'never mind not closing down'. Also the OP doesnt state that Sax, rbk95 and I are also leaders... -_- =P
Can the TTT also be added to the 'To Do' list? along with connecting Lucky38 and the TTT via rail then joining that to Port Royal as well?
Eekum Bokum

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 25 Oct 2011, 05:23

are there any positions other than general open?
as i am not doing as much fighting and mining as i am...building and trading and what not i would like to change my rank to something more fitting and with responsibilities that suit me and my contribution better.
i was considering general but all i would be doing is creating more clutter for everyone, pissing luke off and losing an election...

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Oct 2011, 07:12

ziggylord wrote:are there any positions other than general open?
as i am not doing as much fighting and mining as i am...building and trading and what not i would like to change my rank to something more fitting and with responsibilities that suit me and my contribution better.
i was considering general but all i would be doing is creating more clutter for everyone, pissing luke off and losing an election...
You could run for treasurer later when we appoint the title to someone. (repeat, LATER! Dont expect news on this title soon)
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 25 Oct 2011, 15:43

random980 wrote:
Volstag9 wrote:clocktower is done! Special thanks to Sax for helping a lot and blackadder for moral support. Also the OP is updated.
You updated it and forgot to add Port Royal as a new USSR city, also the description on Solar City still still reads 'never mind not closing down'. Also the OP doesnt state that Sax, rbk95 and I are also leaders... -_- =P
Can the TTT also be added to the 'To Do' list? along with connecting Lucky38 and the TTT via rail then joining that to Port Royal as well?
Technically your names are under squads, which we never actually did anything with. I think i was talking to Sax about that yesterday. I guess i'll delete that section and i'll add Port Royal as a USSR town. None of the other leaders really ever said anything about it, other then you. Also i'll add the twisted tower railroad to the to do list as well.

ALSO!: Due to the fact that Byroe can't get the town directly next to Los Doshgus to move, or join us, or stop griefing us, were moving the site of the HQ building to a nearby valley area. Byroe can specify where. At the old spot we will probably build a large wall with battlements so we can stop dealing with them. If anyone has any better ideas on what to do with the old spot feel free speak up. Also if any leader doesn't want this, come to me.

RavingNyan

Post by RavingNyan » 25 Oct 2011, 18:05

where do i go to join ussr? i heard something about a test, where would i find it?

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 25 Oct 2011, 23:42

so byroe for your list you have to add the tree and the thing(i forget what its called) to the list and delete the hotel
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 26 Oct 2011, 01:18

okay. since school is back im not going to be on at the same times as you guys as much D:
so i would like to know what you want me to do.
(just pick one of the things on the list that i can work on untill finished)
KTHNXBAI!

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 26 Oct 2011, 02:28

OH NOES! i was working on the flag and the USSR sign got creeper bombed D:
im sorry guys :(

random980

Post by random980 » 26 Oct 2011, 03:28

RavingNyan wrote:where do i go to join ussr? i heard something about a test, where would i find it?
You can join the USSR right here :D
3 of the 5 leader have to OK you to join. To get an OK the leaders will give you a task to do or a test. Something to prove your loyalty and worth.
Here is my test of awesomeness.
1. Find in the Forums the Co-ords for the settlement Solar City.
2. Search via forum in which Weekly Event i won my royalty in, include which division i won.
3. Tell me which event i hosted in Solar City's Fog Pit.
4. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
5. What is the current USSR national anthem and who 'found' it?
6. Name the 5 USSR leaders.
7. What is the current weekly event?
8. Are we a serious or satire group? (The only question that must be answered seriously (and ironically) here)
People who use the forums generally stay up to date with what happens in not only the USSR, but in Escapia.
Post your answers in this thread and you will earn my vote to join, don't worry the answers to the questions really aren't hard to find. If you cant be bothered with a question just type something funny.
Ignorant people are ass-hats, so use the forums :D
ALSO!: Due to the fact that Byroe can't get the town directly next to Los Doshgus to move, or join us, or stop griefing us, were moving the site of the HQ building to a nearby valley area. Byroe can specify where. At the old spot we will probably build a large wall with battlements so we can stop dealing with them. If anyone has any better ideas on what to do with the old spot feel free speak up. Also if any leader doesn't want this, come to me.
If the town keeps greifing us, cant we just ask a mod to do mod things to them? Also why not wall off access from there town to ours? If they have a problem with us being there they are the ones who can move. Also if we do need to move why dont we turn the TTT into the HQ?
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 26 Oct 2011, 07:19

Byroe wrote:
SMWasder wrote:Hmmm... I don't like to ask, but if it's possible is there any way that I could get help getting brick for the Port Royal Town Hall? I'm going to 1.8 for clay hunting but I doubt I'll find the amount I need. I'll see what I can do without needing help and I'll see what I can find in terms of pay (probably gold or iron). The hall's gonna be brick and sandstone and have the USSR flag on it.
i have 8 stacks of clay i would gladly give you
That would be very appreciated :D . We can sort it out when we're both online.
WWTDD

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 26 Oct 2011, 08:11

I have a friend who wants to join his name is "thejoshguy" (his bother's account that they share) AKA Foxhound74!

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 26 Oct 2011, 15:07

@Random, I'm only going on what Byroe told me but as far as i know, mods have already been involved a few times. The people there have only been suspended at most. Also i said that at the old spot we'll be building a wall probably. So that will cut off access. As for moving the HQ to the TT, i'd be against it because the main reason were building the city is that we have a center for the USSR. Having the HQ away from the city is not the something i'd do but if the new spot were looking at doesn't work out its at least a possibility. Also i know Sax is almost done with the rail station, so we actually might have a rail to the towers and Port Royal rather soon!

@Sir_Luke Can you have your friend make and post on the forums? Just so i can msg him and stuff?

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 26 Oct 2011, 15:08

RavingNyan wrote:where do i go to join ussr? i heard something about a test, where would i find it?
I'll give you a test in game, what time are you usually on? I'm on around 6 or so EST (USA).

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 26 Oct 2011, 21:26

ok guys, we are going to tear down the old hq, if you don't know what it is, it is the giant stone brick structure behind rbk's store, please put the stone bricks in the chest out front if you help.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 26 Oct 2011, 21:26

woot 600th post!