The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
jonnybo72

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by jonnybo72 » 04 Sep 2011, 19:05

power's being stupid and converted to corinth
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 04 Sep 2011, 21:29

jonnybo72 wrote:power's being stupid and converted to corinth
Explain please?
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 04 Sep 2011, 21:39

Power and I were talking and he asked how he could turn Blackthorn into a Corinth town.

Well, one thing lead to another and now Blackthorn is Corinthian. .-.

I was actually thinking about asking you: I know we're rivals and all that fun stuff, but what would you think of a merger? Jonny, Power, and I discussed how the USSR tends to not finish things while Corinth does, leading to its success as an empire, so I was wondering if that's something you'd be interested in. You and your town leaders would be looking at seats of power in our (very, very well executed) government, plus stuff from our vaults.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT:
Byroe wrote:the USSR comeback on escapecraft starts today!
This makes my post funny.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 04 Sep 2011, 21:47

aflycon wrote:Power and I were talking and he asked how he could turn Blackthorn into a Corinth town.

I was actually thinking about asking you: I know we're rivals and all that fun stuff, but what would you think of a merger? Jonny, Power, and I discussed how the USSR tends to not finish things while Corinth does, leading to its success as an empire, so I was wondering if that's something you'd be interested in. You and your town leaders would be looking at seats of power in our (very, very well executed) government, plus stuff from our vaults.

EDIT:
if you want to be a jerk, do it on your own forums, im tired of you posting on here just to insult us.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 04 Sep 2011, 21:59

aflycon wrote:Power and I were talking and he asked how he could turn Blackthorn into a Corinth town.

EDIT:
well you already know my answer but just so everyone else knows. The answer is no. When we made this country it was between good friends. Sure we may not finish anything (and thats an exaggeration) but we still had a ton of fun times on this server and others.

I'm not sure if you understand what i mean but we've been through a hell of a lot together and simply merging after all of this would just be impossible.

As for Power, i don't blame you. You can do what you want. I may not approve but i certainly don't own you or anything like that. I do wish you would have told us that you were planning on leaving but i guess whats done is done. Bow begins the awkward situation of Blackthorns inhabitants. I know jonny still wants to be with the USSR.

So... where do we go from here? i don't know. (damn, i feel like a politician.) Just know some people are a bit... offended... over this.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 04 Sep 2011, 22:06

Byroe wrote:

EDIT:
if you want to be a jerk, do it on your own forums, im tired of you posting on here just to insult us.
I wasn't here to insult, just to inform. I see now it may have come off as pretentious or rude but that's not how I meant it. Looking back, "the USSR tends to not finish things" was an exaggeration; I admire the work you guys have done and didn't mean to put you down, the conclusion Power and I came to was simply that the USSR hasn't done much recently (his words, not mine). Again, I wasn't trying to insult the USSR. It was an honest offer to merge Corinth with the USSR for the better of both groups.

Byroe, my edit also wasn't meant to be mean; what I meant was that it's funny that you posted that the same day that I posted the offer.. of course, it only would've been really funny if Volstag had accepted.

Volstag: I totally understand and respect your choice. I didn't know that the USSR was started how it was, among friends. If I had, I don't know if I would've acted the same way. Concerning Fulk, I don't know if the decision was pre-meditated or out of the blue; it just came up in conversation and went from there. If he'd thought about it before, it was on him to tell you guys, but if not it's my fault.

I'm sorry for the way my other post sounded, I really am.
- Afly

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 04 Sep 2011, 22:28

your avatar makes it more so
(this IS politics)
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 04 Sep 2011, 22:32

jonnybo72 wrote:your avatar makes it more so
(this IS politics)
Its minecraft! it should be fun and whimsical! i get enough political crap from my dad!

@Alfy

Don't feel bad i know this was never your intention. I still want to talk to Power about all this.

Unless anyone else has anything meaningful to say, i say we drop this. We all said what we wanted too and apologies were given. So lets all remain friends and get on with are Escapian lives!

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 05 Sep 2011, 00:13

I wasn't Thinking while I was changing sides when the switch happened. I didn't think of telling sooner but there was a reason why I left. I still want to be with each and everyone one of you, Corinth on the other hand complete projects ASAP and I like that method. Right now I'm thinking if I should even be on a side or become Independent. For now, you can say I'm in stress and yes I know this is only a game but doing nothing for a long period of time was absolutely boring. Living Lonely in the western parts of terra was not fun either. Thus to a conclusion, I'm more of a Neutral, Middle person who can't decide very well when it comes to sides of good or bad (In this case Corinth and USSR and good and bad was an example). And that, is the reasoning of my doing.

-Fulk
~The Fulk
ImageImage

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Sep 2011, 00:54

powerfulkingt wrote:doing nothing for a long period of time was absolutely boring. Living Lonely in the western parts of terra was not fun either.
Bored? Build something, its minecraft! You dont need us to build something, we are all here to simply help each other and lol our asses off. Lonely? IM ONLY DOWN THE STREET! Y U NO VISIT ME!?
Your a Corinthian now? Traitor ;)
aflycon wrote: I was actually thinking about asking you: I know we're rivals and all that fun stuff, but what would you think of a merger? Jonny, Power, and I discussed how the USSR tends to not finish things while Corinth does, leading to its success as an empire, so I was wondering if that's something you'd be interested in. You and your town leaders would be looking at seats of power in our (very, very well executed) government, plus stuff from our vaults.
To be honest, a merge would be really cool, it would bring alot of the community even closer together, but there is one major problem. A Corinth/USSR merge would be like merging Aus and New Zeland. It wouldnt make much sense and our histories are to different to just simply be 'merged'. What i do propose is that as soon as we (The USSR (well me mainly)) finish the Twisted Twin Towers, we should work on a Corinth/USSR joint mega-project, a project to mark and celebrate the new alliance of Corinth and USSR. Then from there we could work on over-throwin CUT *cough* :D Sound good?
Byroe wrote: your test was better than mine :(
What was your test?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 05 Sep 2011, 09:59

random980 wrote:
powerfulkingt wrote:doing nothing for a long period of time was absolutely boring. Living Lonely in the western parts of terra was not fun either.
Bored? Build something, its minecraft! You dont need us to build something, we are all here to simply help each other and lol our asses off. Lonely? IM ONLY DOWN THE STREET! Y U NO VISIT ME!?
Your a Corinthian now? Traitor ;)
aflycon wrote: I was actually thinking about asking you: I know we're rivals and all that fun stuff, but what would you think of a merger? Jonny, Power, and I discussed how the USSR tends to not finish things while Corinth does, leading to its success as an empire, so I was wondering if that's something you'd be interested in. You and your town leaders would be looking at seats of power in our (very, very well executed) government, plus stuff from our vaults.
To be honest, a merge would be really cool, it would bring alot of the community even closer together, but there is one major problem. A Corinth/USSR merge would be like merging Aus and New Zeland. It wouldnt make much sense and our histories are to different to just simply be 'merged'. What i do propose is that as soon as we (The USSR (well me mainly)) finish the Twisted Twin Towers, we should work on a Corinth/USSR joint mega-project, a project to mark and celebrate the new alliance of Corinth and USSR. Then from there we could work on over-throwin CUT *cough* :D Sound good?
Byroe wrote: your test was better than mine :(
What was your test?
We are also still working on the Lucky 38 and some stuff around that. We can still finish the towers tho. Random have you been to the Lucky 38 project yet?

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 05 Sep 2011, 11:59

well whatever
we are all friends
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 06 Sep 2011, 01:09

Havent seen the lucky 38 yet >_>
On another note, i have almost completely forgotten how to build the twisted towers, but dont worry! If i start from scracth on the second tower it will jog my memory and i can continue finishing the 1st tower :D
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 06 Sep 2011, 15:42

random980 wrote:Havent seen the lucky 38 yet >_>
On another note, i have almost completely forgotten how to build the twisted towers, but dont worry! If i start from scracth on the second tower it will jog my memory and i can continue finishing the 1st tower :D
GASP?!!? YOU HAVEN'T!?!?!

i will say we've been doing a TON of work on the place. You need to see it. Curse our timezones!

shin0biiz

Post by shin0biiz » 07 Sep 2011, 04:09

Could I join here? I was asked to sign up on the forums by ziggylord. Not sure what will joining a group bring?

random980

Post by random980 » 07 Sep 2011, 04:28

It will bring peace, love and happiness to all...
But seriously the USSR is a (SATIRE) empire based around coming together to build large projects, like the Twisted Twin Towers and the Lucky 38. Most of us are also city owners and have allied our citys under the USSR name. (as seen in the main thread post). If you are interested in joining our group and making friends (you may somewhat regret making) apply to be recommended by 3 of our 5 Leaders, this normally requires a fun test from each of us. No one has failed the tests yet. If you want my recommendation, take my test :D

A forum test.
Find in the Forums the (new) Co-ords for Solar City. Travel to Solar City, place a sign with your name IN the 'Fog Pit'. Also search via forum in which 'Weekly Event' i won my royalty in. ALSO tell me which event i just hosted in the 'Fog Pit'. Lastly tell me which country i come from.

The forums makes people less ignorant in the happenings of Escapecraft. I hate ignorant people, they stuff up everything. Prove to me you are not ignorant and i will gladly recommend you.
have fun mate, hope to see you next as a member of the USSR :D
(post answers in this thread) (extra points if you can tell me who designed Solar Citys flag).[/quote]
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 07 Sep 2011, 15:01

shin0biiz wrote:Could I join here? I was asked to sign up on the forums by ziggylord. Not sure what will joining a group bring?
Well Random explained what to do rather well.

Anyway if you need a second test, mine would be helping with the Lucky 38 project.

Is your name here the same as your in game name?

IN OTHER NEWS: I'm going to be redoing the main post. To add a member list and what not. So could any Squad Leaders add who's in their squad? Just send a msg to me.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 07 Sep 2011, 17:19

Volstag9 wrote:
shin0biiz wrote:Could I join here? I was asked to sign up on the forums by ziggylord. Not sure what will joining a group bring?
Well Random explained what to do rather well.

Anyway if you need a second test, mine would be helping with the Lucky 38 project.

Is your name here the same as your in game name?

IN OTHER NEWS: I'm going to be redoing the main post. To add a member list and what not. So could any Squad Leaders add who's in their squad? Just send a msg to me.
im gradually updating the membership list on the other page.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 07 Sep 2011, 18:48

a newcomer needs one more test to get in, he passed 2 tests (mine and volstag's) but failed rbk's so he needs either sax or random to give him a test. his name starts with weare but i cant remember the rest.

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Sep 2011, 01:22

Same test as above, also PLEASE make all newcomers post in here before they can start taking tests.
Otherwise we will get new members who complain about nothing happening and not being informed or involved ect.
And why has no one past my test yet?
My test will be the same for everyone.
Are the people in my City automatically USSR?
If so, Zehy, bealzibob, stalke, spyjosh, MrWhales, Nart, Xgames360, bjack, some english person who i call Nigel, need to be added to our member list. Also, we need an actual member list in the USSR, im not actually sure who is part of the USSR.
In my squad can you add Spyjosh? (He is a inactive friend of mine, i am trying to get him to come back though >_<)
I have built a wall on the second half of one of the towers, now that i know what to do, i need a shit load of coble and wood and i can fly through building the outsides, the insides will be discussed among the major leaders at some point. :D
While i do the outside NO construction of it is to be done without my say so. Even if you do manage to understand the pattern without being mind-raped, one wrong block can lead to a whole wall needing to be taken down. I don't want anyone other than me to be responsible for a major derp on the towers shell. Thanks for understanding :)
Also Vol, Change the Solar City description in the main post already! (Majestic views, unique spleef, only floating city ever to be made, always expanding, ect)
(Once finished i will change the outside mats around so it looks better)
Eekum Bokum

azbo22

Post by azbo22 » 08 Sep 2011, 01:55

I AM AZBO22 AND I WANT TO JOIN THE USSR HUURRR DUURRR

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Sep 2011, 01:57

azbo22 wrote:I AM AZBO22 AND I WANT TO JOIN THE USSR HUURRR DUURRR
Shutup Roan,
Anyway this is my friend, he just joined the server and i told him to apply here to join us.
(I recommend him already)
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 08 Sep 2011, 23:13

random980 wrote:
azbo22 wrote:I AM AZBO22 AND I WANT TO JOIN THE USSR HUURRR DUURRR
Shutup Roan,
Anyway this is my friend, he just joined the server and i told him to apply here to join us.
(I recommend him already)
i cant think of a good test! D:
i also think we should all get on at a time where we all can play together, like early in the morning for us and late for you guys. i really want to play with everyone online. i think we should do it on Saturday. at 7:00 am in pacific time?
ill do it. and 10:00 where vol is? i think we should. we haven't been all together in a long time. i think we should do it :D. also, we are having a building montage on Friday at 4:00pm pacific time and if you guys agree we will have another on Saturday, at 7:00am pacific time, so that all of us can play with our time zoned pals :D.

random980

Post by random980 » 09 Sep 2011, 00:16

May not be able to do it this weekend, but ill try to be on!
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Sep 2011, 01:04

Incase any of you were wondering about how the Twisted Twin Towers were going, see this thread: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=5&t=4468
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Sep 2011, 07:46

And i need cobble, a lot of cobble. SO MUCH COBBLE IS NEEDED
If you can donate anym shove them in the chests at the Twisted Twin Towers, or the donation chest outside my Saphiri or blackthorn home OR in the farm chest in Solar City!
or give them to me if im in game :D
Eekum Bokum

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 12 Sep 2011, 19:32

If a ton of cobble is needed, I do have an idea. I propose we build something like a cross between Macdown from Escapia 2 and Solar City. Does anyone know a good location for something like this(my sp world is pretty lagged up right now)?

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 12 Sep 2011, 21:30

ive noticed that we are all out of supplies in the ussr. so im going to go on a two day mining spree comprised of all mining, all of the time. im leaving all channels to prevent distractions, if you guys need me, send me a msg.

bkim97

Post by bkim97 » 12 Sep 2011, 21:59

I still have the tons of cobble but im grounded but i can go on minecraft on Fri, Sat, and Sun. only D:

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Sep 2011, 23:57

superglitch wrote:If a ton of cobble is needed, I do have an idea. I propose we build something like a cross between Macdown from Escapia 2 and Solar City. Does anyone know a good location for something like this(my sp world is pretty lagged up right now)?
Macdown? What is Macdown? Ill take 20 stacks of cobble please, or more if you have! (leave them in the Solar City farm chest or the chest outside my saphiri house please.)
Byroe wrote:ive noticed that we are all out of supplies in the ussr. so im going to go on a two day mining spree comprised of all mining, all of the time. im leaving all channels to prevent distractions, if you guys need me, send me a msg.
I support this idea, i to will be going on a cobble mining spree in the Solar City mines.
bkim97 wrote:I still have the tons of cobble but im grounded but i can go on minecraft on Fri, Sat, and Sun. only D:
When you do get on minecraft. please leave them in the Solar City farm chest or the chest outside my saphiri house. Or give them to another leader who can give them to me.b :D
Eekum Bokum