The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Volstag9

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by Volstag9 » 26 Jun 2011, 18:44

aflycon wrote:
random980 wrote:Yay!, i get a special position aswell as being the governor of Solar! :D
My idea was that everyone has equal power in the USSR except the towns are still ruled by their governors respectively. Its what Corinth does except we have different towns and not districts. A large problem is that BECAUSE you are the leader(s), everything that happens will still have to be finalized by you unless everyone in the USSR has equal power (changing your position to founders) and only having top authority in Saphiri.

With the special positions, could i be the Royal Architect? (or some other fancy name) In charge of landscape, project and city design?
This is a good idea.
Probably the best idea i've heard all day.

So say i'm in charge of Saphiri, then i have the same amount as power as you do.

I can dig that.

Anywho i wont exactly mean much but you can be royal architect if you want too. Your first job! design a colony/fort in fyra! get to it! CAn we still use your spot in fyra? i'll even pay you, maybe...

COMMUNISM! GO FORTH COMRADES! FOR The MOTHERLAND!
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 27 Jun 2011, 01:23

Volstag9 wrote:
aflycon wrote:
random980 wrote:Yay!, i get a special position aswell as being the governor of Solar! :D
My idea was that everyone has equal power in the USSR except the towns are still ruled by their governors respectively. Its what Corinth does except we have different towns and not districts. A large problem is that BECAUSE you are the leader(s), everything that happens will still have to be finalized by you unless everyone in the USSR has equal power (changing your position to founders) and only having top authority in Saphiri.

With the special positions, could i be the Royal Architect? (or some other fancy name) In charge of landscape, project and city design?
This is a good idea.

So say i'm in charge of Saphiri, then i have the same amount as power as you do.

I can dig that.

Anywho i wont exactly mean much but you can be royal architect if you want too. Your first job! design a colony/fort in fyra! get to it! CAn we still use your spot in fyra? i'll even pay you, maybe...

i think his first job should be to design a castle in saphiri. that space is just gathering dust now.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Post by 697134002 » 27 Jun 2011, 01:30

Volstag9 wrote:COMMUNISM! GO FORTH COMRADES! FOR The MOTHERLAND!
We Communists have been reproached with the desire of abolishing the right of personally acquiring property as the fruit of a man’s own labour, which property is alleged to be the groundwork of all personal freedom, activity and independence.
Hard-won, self-acquired, self-earned property! Do you mean the property of petty artisan and of the small peasant, a form of property that preceded the bourgeois form? There is no need to abolish that; the development of industry has to a great extent already destroyed it, and is still destroying it daily.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Volstag9 wrote:
aflycon wrote:

This is a good idea.

I can dig that.

Well the fort HAS already been started (if you count a dog-pen and a single large room). Also i expanded my land claim so it cuts off the whole peninsular :D (the land claim IS a bit shoty but people should be able to see a coble wall when they see one) And i need an idea to base it off. Is at the new HQ for the USSR? Another place to shove some homes. A military fort? Personally i want it to be our new HQ. It can be where we meet to discuss project plans and hold items while we build it near by. I can also include a history/library section ON the USSR!

"So say i'm in charge of Saphiri, then i have the same amount as power as you do?"
Yes, You and byroe have the power to rule Saphiri while Luke is in charge of the military and i have the power to rule Solar City while power rules Blackthorn (if Powerfulkingt is still apart of the USSR), and together we all rule the USSR equally. Our roles/jobs only come into place when a subject on that matter is involved, like me making the fort/castle/HQ thingy in Fyra. If you want, because you are the founder you can still have a say in any matter. This has been my idea from the start. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jun 2011, 07:09

After telling Powerfulkingt that we (the USSR) are changing for the better, and after he read the latest post's.
Powerfulkingt has decided to rejoin the USSR!
HURRAH FOR THE FULK!
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 27 Jun 2011, 08:29

"So say i'm in charge of Saphiri, then i have the same amount as power as you do?"
Yes, You and byroe have the power to rule Saphiri while Luke is in charge of the military and i have the power to rule Solar City while power rules Blackthorn (if Powerfulkingt is still apart of the USSR), and together we all rule the USSR equally. Our roles/jobs only come into place when a subject on that matter is involved, like me making the fort/castle/HQ thingy in Fyra. If you want, because you are the founder you can still have a say in any matter. This has been my idea from the start. :D
I don't exactly want the fyra place to be our HQ as its frankly in the middle of nowhere. Lets start small and design a fort in fyra, just as a outpost, maybe we can eventually turn it into a town. Hopefully like Dwarf City on FS. I might consider the Saphiri keep a good idea for an HQ but again its in the middle of Saphiri so that might not set well with others.

And YAY power is back!

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jun 2011, 10:52

Volstag9 wrote:
I don't exactly want the fyra place to be our HQ as its frankly in the middle of nowhere. Lets start small and design a fort in fyra, just as a outpost, maybe we can eventually turn it into a town. Hopefully like Dwarf City on FS. I might consider the Saphiri keep a good idea for an HQ but again its in the middle of Saphiri so that might not set well with others.

And YAY power is back!
Well tbh the location of land in fyra is very easy, and fast to get to. Its faster to there from fyra spawn then it is form terra spawn to Saphiri. If not having it on the keep would be awesome. With the fort in Fyra, what is needed in it? do we want it small and few rooms or big and bulky? What rooms are really needed in a fort other than armory, storage and look-outs. (this one will also include a dog kennel)
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 28 Jun 2011, 09:25

I have taken 1.5 stacks of string out of the wool chest, Who ever put the sign before me "I took the string", you fail,
HOW ARE WE MENT TO KNOW WHO "I" IS. Post on here so we know who you are.
And who ever keeps leaving random shit in the string chest, i took what i wanted, you had already been told not to leave your stuff in there twice. Now please go remove whats left!
and Im going to Malaysia in 2 days! i will be gone for 10!
Byroe, my redstone is still in the funpowder chest.
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 28 Jun 2011, 10:51

random980 wrote:I have taken 1.5 stacks of string out of the wool chest, Who ever put the sign before me "I took the string", you fail,
And who ever keeps leaving random shit in the string chest, i took what i wanted, you had already been told not to leave your stuff in there twice. Now please go remove whats left!
:( we'll miss ya. So do i have your permission to build a small fort/settlement as a base of operations for the USSR in fyra at the fyra land claim?

as for an hq, we'll work on that when you come back. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea if it was seperate from Saphiri, but that may be a bit too much work.

random980

Post by random980 » 28 Jun 2011, 10:57

I claimed my fyra land under the USSR anyway, so feel free to build. (dont touch any trees out front, trying to make a natural tree maze)
As for the HQ, It needs to be in a place that has alot of room around it so we can easily build projects near it. Thats why i made the fyra landclaim so big
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 28 Jun 2011, 21:42

random980 wrote:I have taken 1.5 stacks of string out of the wool chest, Who ever put the sign before me "I took the string", you fail,
ill miss ya. :(
but anyway, i took the string, and made 8 stacks of wool, (i got a ton from the mob tower) and i am left with four extra stacks. so you get the four stacks remaining. (there was only 12 stacks of string in the chest.) and that was my stuff in the chest. i put it in there because i ran out of chest space during maintenance and never got around to moving it.
but have a great time in Malaysia. :D
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

random980

Post by random980 » 29 Jun 2011, 02:58

Byroe wrote:
ill miss ya. :(
but anyway, i took the string, and made 8 stacks of wool, (i got a ton from the mob tower) and i am left with four extra stacks. so you get the four stacks remaining. (there was only 12 stacks of string in the chest.) and that was my stuff in the chest. i put it in there because i ran out of chest space during maintenance and never got around to moving it.
but have a great time in Malaysia. :D
Please dont put random stuff in the chests :P
and yay wool
AND MALAYSIA IN 32 HOURS!
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 29 Jun 2011, 10:24

http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=5&t=3307
Mean while, as usual, the joint staffs of the USSR are in-charge of Solar while im gone. You may give out plots and give tours. NO physical change is to be made to Solar what so ever (unless its people making there houses)
you MAY build a shallow pit on the GROUND, UNDER the spleef court for me :D (im removing the cloud under it so if someone was to loose they will fall, rather startlingly, into a tub of water.
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 01 Jul 2011, 14:52

im going on vacation for the next 7 days, the mob tower will be ran by random and volstag.

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 05 Jul 2011, 18:10

I'm just saying, but WE NEED MORE PEOPLE in our towns. Today Mixizm came back saying its very ghost townish in Saphiri. We also are losing some people in Blackthorn, we have a few, but not as much....
~The Fulk
ImageImage

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 06 Jul 2011, 23:33

powerfulkingt wrote:I'm just saying, but WE NEED MORE PEOPLE in our towns. Today Mixizm came back saying its very ghost townish in Saphiri. We also are losing some people in Blackthorn, we have a few, but not as much....
we do! shame i'm a bit busy working on some stuff right now.

but... soon those things will be done, probably when Byroe gets back. Really i'd say mods tend to frown upon aggressive recruitment but at this point who cares! i'll probably be coming on later in the day. and i promise to do some recruiting for Saphiri anyway.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 09 Jul 2011, 15:59

im back. :D

random980

Post by random980 » 10 Jul 2011, 20:28

I am back, i feel a bit crook, but more importantly i am back from Malaysia!
Saphiri, a ghost town? LIES! ill be happy to work on any forts/castles now. Be it on my fyra land or on the saphiri keep. BUT FIRST I NEED DETAILS.
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 20 Jul 2011, 10:20

After we make a decant PvP base in the other server, can we get back to building the twisted towers in Fyra!? >_>
Eekum Bokum

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 02 Aug 2011, 18:31

I am trying to come back to Escapecraft, and since my only home is in Saphiri... I'll be there a bit more. Not that I would make it less of a Ghost town.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 02 Aug 2011, 18:54

Every town after roughly 3 weeks becomes ghosted. there are few exceptions
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 02 Aug 2011, 19:14

Wildwill002 wrote:Every town after roughly 3 weeks becomes ghosted. there are few exceptions

Oh, hey there!

random980

Post by random980 » 03 Aug 2011, 02:25

gtfo of our thread you! :roll:
Saphiri isnt a ghost town, its just that all the main residents have left the server to go on holiday... for an indefinite amount of time... :|
Solar City is going well... even with all its half-finished plots.
to my knowledge Blackthorn is doing amazing though.
Eekum Bokum

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 03 Aug 2011, 08:16

random980 wrote:gtfo of our thread you! :roll:
Saphiri isnt a ghost town, its just that all the main residents have left the server to go on holiday... for an indefinite amount of time... :|
Well I kind of stay away from the main part of Saphiri, as it is pretty much a lag fest for me.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Aug 2011, 08:24

Please welcome 2 new residents to Solar City :D
Xgames360
and Bealzibob
Interesting thing about bealz, he is an original donator and hasnt been on in half a year. He also claims to be Lath's cousin...
Eekum Bokum

Zehydra

Post by Zehydra » 05 Aug 2011, 10:12

Wildwill002 wrote:Every town after roughly 3 weeks becomes ghosted. there are few exceptions
I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to try and prevent this from happening somehow, unless that would be too restrictive.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 07 Aug 2011, 15:55

Don't worry random im bored of the other server! but everyone else... Byroe, Sax, Mccor among others are not. The main problem i have with Saph and the majority of III is that there's not a whole lot to do there. Were still together as a "faction" tho.

I know a few people have come to me and said that building towns in this server is pointless and how nothing lasts. is that true here? maybe.

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Aug 2011, 00:41

Volstag9 wrote:
Don't worry random im bored of the other server! but everyone else... Byroe, Sax, Mccor among others are not. The main problem i have with Saph and the majority of III is that there's not a whole lot to do there. Were still together as a "faction" tho.

I know a few people have come to me and said that building towns in this server is pointless and how nothing lasts. is that true here? maybe.
I mainly built Solar City, not as a liveable town, but as a project to keep me occupied. To be honest the only thing that keeps me coming back to escapecraft is the awesome community. We need to continue construction on the twisted towers. Also im bored of the faction server too, our base is cool and tnt proof but there is no real point to it all. Why cant we create awesome things like our faction base, here on escapecraft?
Eekum Bokum

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 08 Aug 2011, 02:07

random did you read about the new PvP map?
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Aug 2011, 02:57

jonnybo72 wrote:random did you read about the new PvP map?
Everybody has by this point, but more importantly have you read about the Behemoth Spleef Tourny i will be hosting sometime next week? :D http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 723#p54723
Also the faction map does look good, its worth an explore, but after that, the whole faction/PvP thing gets boring. Minecraft wasnt designed for PvP, it was designed for creating.
Eekum Bokum