The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Byroe

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by Byroe » 03 Nov 2011, 22:48

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:Did anyone new ever get admitted under those tests?
everyone who joined while we had them did.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 03 Nov 2011, 22:53

That's very vague and doesn't answer the implied question of "how many".

random980

Post by random980 » 04 Nov 2011, 00:50

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:That's very vague and doesn't answer the implied question of "how many".
I would say about 4-5 did. We had a strange influx of new people wanting to join as soon as we made the test idea.

@Vol, Dont worry, that post is meant to be serious, not angry or forceful, just serious and concerning. The only serious thing that should be serious within the non-serious USSR is the actual well-being of our members.

Now that most of you have responded i am going to assume that no one any longer has issues concerning themselves or the USSR. Can i nominate myself as head of welfare?
/srs business

Well now that everyone seems to have chilled their <young people censored>, we should get our butt into gear and knock of out to-do list. Before we start the luxorz can we work on Saphiri restoration first? We should try to all get on at the same time and somewhat evaluate the current state of the town.

Can i suggest we knock down the bloody inner cobble walls? or at least make them look better. (add wooden frams or replace with stone bricks or something, not just ugly cobble) Also our port and northern Saphiri needs tidying up. We need to fix that awkward section of land that is situated next to the mines and is just under/next to upper northern Saphiri. We should upgrade our spleef arena aswell. My last suggestion to the restoration is to LEAVE all the classic abandoned houses but put up demolish notices on the ugly cobble houses in western saphiri.

Also if anyone is interested on working on the TTT with me, please feel free to ask! Caution though, mind f*ckery may be a possible side effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Qazedt

Post by Qazedt » 04 Nov 2011, 06:43

Are we ever going to elect a treasurer?

random980

Post by random980 » 04 Nov 2011, 08:04

Qazedt wrote:Are we ever going to elect a treasurer?
When we build an HQ and an actual vault/donation room, yes.
and knowing how fast we at the USSR knock off things on our to-do list the election will be held soon... (soon as in about a month :3)
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 04 Nov 2011, 19:39

well we got three votes to end the test requirement. I'll delete it from the OP.

@Random - lets do one thing at a time and focus on finishing the towers for now. Since we have extremely different timezones and i'm fairly busy this weekend and next i doubt we'll see much of each other. So, what needs to be done with the towers? Something that doesn't necessarily require you being around. The only thing i can think of is making a direct rail to the towers and Los Doshgas but i need to know where to make the rail.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

mccormackal

Post by mccormackal » 04 Nov 2011, 19:50

i was wondering if we make a ussr emblem i can make it to be on peoples skins :)

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 04 Nov 2011, 21:57

mccor the USSR emblem already exists hurr derrrr i won the competition for it :P.
also im building the HQ as nobody has answered me so far and i already cleared the land for it
and i have a REALLY good idea (i will try and find a reference pic) also jonny there is no chance your claiming the waterfall. i saw your sign...that whole area is gong to be the courtyard of the HQ (if i EVER get approved to build it :P)

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 05 Nov 2011, 00:04

ziggylord wrote:mccor the USSR emblem already exists hurr derrrr i won the competition for it :P.
also im building the HQ as nobody has answered me so far and i already cleared the land for it
and i have a REALLY good idea (i will try and find a reference pic) also jonny there is no chance your claiming the waterfall. i saw your sign...that whole area is gong to be the courtyard of the HQ (if i EVER get approved to build it :P)
Ok, i guess we are going to start construction on the hq, i will set up the spot for it.
i will draw up the design that was agreed upon during the meeting.
*edit*
here is a very very very rough design, the inside parts are yet to be agreed upon, but this is my idea of it.
Untitled.jpg
Notice that the building will be shaped like a Triforce, and each triangle will house a section of the USSR, In the Economics and Resources section, we will keep the treasury, the treasurer's office, and building materials. In the Military and pvp section, we will have Armour and weapon dispensers, along with current treaties and a wall that says "do not attack these people" followed by a list of names. the relations section will contain alliances, signatures and act as the (central hub?). in the middle triangle, it will be empty without a roof, it will have paths leading to each different triangle as well as a (park?) in the middle, along with a large lift that holds liberty prime.
On the insides corners of the triangles, i think their should be hallways for quick access to each triangle without having to go outside into the center triangle. so, what do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 05 Nov 2011, 00:28

ANNOUNCEMENT, Any town/village/city in fyra that would like to be connected with (lucky38town) via above ground railway, please post here with town name and cords.

and in unrelated news, we are going to build Hoover dam in a canyon next to the HQ plot

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 05 Nov 2011, 01:16

i r haz making town... it isnt going to be open untill early next year when it is at full sexy beastatude but still... *USSR has earned plus one alliance! with "crater town"* :P
also byroe i will start work on the HQ i have a few minor changes in mind but it will still be the triforce thingo.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Nov 2011, 04:34

@ Byroe I know for a fact Port Royal wanted to connect there rail line to the TTT, which in turn will connect to Las Doshgas.

@Volstag, well i need to get round to adding the extra hight the towers, but right now i am a bit distracted with trying to get my Big Build thingy moved to creative and with Fallout New Vegas (got back into after 'getting' DLC's)
Whenever we are both on steam we can quickly go to the TTT and mark out a spot for a train station which can be built later. A design of the insides of the towers and a bridge between the 2 towers would be very helpful! Oh and walk around the TTT Land Claim and make sure no one has breached it. (there is another land claim that shares a border with ours just so you know). Also while at the TTT go visit Port Royal!
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 05 Nov 2011, 12:19

I have an idea, i think we should divide (lucky38town) into sectors designed and built by different people. people could have their own part of town and design it however they want it. there is a lot of claimed land and only 25% of it is being used at the moment.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 05 Nov 2011, 13:38

Byroe wrote:I have an idea, i think we should divide (lucky38town) into sectors designed and built by different people. people could have their own part of town and design it however they want it. there is a lot of claimed land and only 25% of it is being used at the moment.
So like Corinth?

And i'm fine with the HQ design but we should get the Towers done first, so we can at least finish something.

@Random - I visited Port Royal, very pirate-y so thats good. I'll also dbl check the grounds around the claim. If i see you on (i doubt i will) we can work on the station. In the meantime, i'll start making out a path for the rail to the TTT from Sax's station.

@Byroe again - Now byroe, is the plan to keep it elevated over the city then drop to ground, keep it at ground level or some mix of the two?

@Everyone - Rbk messaged me, he's going to be taking down the shop, so thats just to let you know.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Nov 2011, 21:52

Btw, what should i put in the towers anyway? (or under)
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 05 Nov 2011, 21:56

random980 wrote:Btw, what should i put in the towers anyway? (or under)
The original idea was a fort so... yeah i think its gotten a bit beyond that now.

So here are a few ideas off the top of my head. Lighthouse, Port, tourist attraction...

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 06 Nov 2011, 01:29

may mr ziggy make a waterfront district? after i finish the HQ. (not that i have started, i was at my girlfriends house all weekend)

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 06 Nov 2011, 01:52

ziggylord wrote:may mr ziggy make a waterfront district? after i finish the HQ. (not that i have started, i was at my girlfriends house all weekend)
Im glad you asked, we have not one but TWO! perfect places for that! :D

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 06 Nov 2011, 02:34

heh... i haz beach claim right near our claim :P

random980

Post by random980 » 06 Nov 2011, 03:22

Instead of a waterfront district, how about a district ON the water. Now we will have 2 floating towns. One in the air and another on the water! (think of it like a giant dock that doesn't connect to the main land)
Eekum Bokum

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 06 Nov 2011, 03:50

random that was the plan. half-n-half with plots on the beach and plots above the water on the docks.
(also USSR member only boat plots ranging from 10x8 all the way to 80x20)
boat plots meaning you canz build a boat!

random980

Post by random980 » 06 Nov 2011, 06:34

ziggylord wrote:random that was the plan. half-n-half with plots on the beach and plots above the water on the docks.
(also USSR member only boat plots ranging from 10x8 all the way to 80x20)
boat plots meaning you canz build a boat!
oooh boat plots. fancy!
I like dat idea
Eekum Bokum

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 06 Nov 2011, 11:57

...i asked for that plan tons of times and was rejected TONS OF TIMES
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 06 Nov 2011, 21:54

Also, the Normandy needs to be finished.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 06 Nov 2011, 22:24

ok so ive decided i want a BIG boat that all USSR may add to with permision from me or a leader. and smaller boat things for people to make there own boats... (also i reserve the right for the normal eviction notices on any boats i dont like the look of)
now the decision on what the main USSR boat will be... wood or airship carrier?

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 07 Nov 2011, 13:32

I'm gonna suggest wood. I'm guessing when you say airship carrier you mean you'll make it out of iron? From experience making my skyship in creative, it'll take way more iron than it's worth.
WWTDD

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 07 Nov 2011, 21:54

I GET TO MAKE A YELLOW SUBMARINE
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 07 Nov 2011, 23:57

jonnybo72 wrote:I GET TO MAKE A YELLOW SUBMARINE
CAN WE LIVE IN IT!?
Eekum Bokum

Post by 697134002 » 08 Nov 2011, 00:20

Can we ALL live in it?
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Nov 2011, 00:24

697134002 wrote:Can we ALL live in it?
Can we ALL live in it except 697!?
Eekum Bokum