Can't get past "downloading terrain"

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
RobipodSupreme
Retired

Can't get past "downloading terrain"

Post by RobipodSupreme » 10 Aug 2012, 09:33

I have tried logging onto the Tekkit server several times, but only get as far as "downloading terrain". It then either freezes or goes back to the menu screen.
Invunarble, Trovo and others have also told me it lags the tekkit server lots when I try to log in.

I have reinstalled the technic launcher entirely (deleting .techniclauncher completely), but it persists.

What I did: I opened the technic launcher, and selected Tekkit in the drop down menu, then put in my username and password. I clicked on options, checked "manual selection" and picked v3.1.1|1.2.5, and logged in. The server connection was on 4 bars, I could connect to Escapecraft (vanilla) and to other servers on the list (including other Tekkit ones), but I could only get to "downloading terrain" on the tekkit server.

Help pl0x

EDIT: looking around, the most common solutions were to be teleported while logged in, yet stuck in the downloading screen, or to have server side player data removed, though I don't know what that would entail with regard to items, chests or inventory.

EDIT: Motormaniac has the same, as does Silva14. Silva and I were at motormaniac's house when we got a problem, a link? If he is amenable could his area be wiped so it's less laggy? I know he wants to get back on.

EDIT: Motor believes it may be due to some sort of geothermal cell factory, which has epically overflowed or just lagged it up.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Re: Can't get past "downloading terrain"

Post by RobipodSupreme » 16 Aug 2012, 05:41

PROBLEM SOLVED

I managed to get on for long enough to /home.

However, motormaniac's house is still a pit og laggyness.
I was a mod once

moried

Post by moried » 21 Aug 2012, 00:43

No wonder I haven't been able to log on ether, but crap. I'm in that area! Can anything be done to fix it so its usable again?

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 21 Aug 2012, 01:52

I just removed 18313 Entities from Motormaniacs house, Motor I am disappointed.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 21 Aug 2012, 11:05

mydrox wrote:I just removed 18313 Entities from Motormaniacs house, Motor I am disappointed.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 21 Aug 2012, 13:11

vallorn wrote:
mydrox wrote:I just removed 18313 Entities from Motormaniacs house, Motor I am disappointed.
I concur.
I was a mod once

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 21 Aug 2012, 14:09

Could you do something like that for my city please? it's laggy as shit and I have no clue what's causing it, I removed all my buildcraft tubes, moved all my oil, moved my factory, but it's still laggy. :\
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

moried

Post by moried » 24 Aug 2012, 05:52

Invunarble wrote:
Could you do something like that for my city please? it's laggy as shit and I have no clue what's causing it, I removed all my buildcraft tubes, moved all my oil, moved my factory, but it's still laggy. :\
If your factory is pumping out a high volume of items it'll still lag the area even with tubes, unless everything is off then mods to the rescue?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 24 Aug 2012, 14:37

moried wrote:
Invunarble wrote:
If your factory is pumping out a high volume of items it'll still lag the area even with tubes, unless everything is off then mods to the rescue?
the tubes are buggy... they can overflow and spill entities onto the ground where they cause even more lag.

Always encase your tubes in Lava people.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 24 Aug 2012, 15:40

actually the tubes lag the clients, but are safe. The pipes are the dangerous stuff because they drop items.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 24 Aug 2012, 16:13

moried wrote:
Invunarble wrote:
Actually no, I recently removed all Buildcraft pipes and Redpower tubes for my factory within the area, but around my house I get killer lag that drops me down to about 10FPS. :(

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 25 Aug 2012, 04:24

I wouldn't call 10 fps "killer", my laptop rarely goes above 16, and often stays at 12, and it's not too bad.
I was a mod once

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 25 Aug 2012, 05:35

RobipodSupreme wrote:I wouldn't call 10 fps "killer", my laptop rarely goes above 16, and often stays at 12, and it's not too bad.
That right there is horrid. Your laptop is bad and you should feel bad.