Genesis and Exitus

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
aflycon
Retired

Genesis and Exitus

Post by aflycon » 13 Jun 2011, 00:37

- This thread and its contents are intended for users who joined after Escapia III opened -

Today, I was the first to enter both Escapia I and II when they were opened to the public. Having joined days after Escapia III began, I wasn't around to see anything that happened during these two worlds' lifetimes. I decided to have a look around and see what I could see, and here are my results. This thread will be updated as I find new things of interest in Escapia I and II.

http://i.imgur.com/Jo061.jpg
The worlds were quite literally frozen in time - I stumbled upon these furnaces outside of Central City in Escapia II, which were still running when the map was wiped.

http://i.imgur.com/Toibp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nEPh5.jpg
Both the beanstalk and this portal found a short walk from the spawn in Central will lead you back to the HUB.
Last edited by aflycon on 13 Jun 2011, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Genesis and Exitus

Post by 697134002 » 13 Jun 2011, 00:39

Cool.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 13 Jun 2011, 00:42

GO SEE MY MALL! :D
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 13 Jun 2011, 00:48

I will. :D

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Jun 2011, 03:08

/me pokes head into the thread.

anyone wanna see Flux04's first house that i built for her? :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 13 Jun 2011, 06:10

Ooh, me!

I visited my first real house today (all other houses were in SP and were just holes in hills).
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Jun 2011, 07:54

i found Skytown in Exitus again... it seems to have been changed somewhat so id like to get my cuboid for the entire town so i can do restoration work to it. specifiacly my lava flow has been griefed with water and the automatic waterfall has a door placed in the way of the water.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 13 Jun 2011, 11:08

One thing I'm not sure if Sneaky talked about during the fireside with Exitus. For those of you who remember the end of ver2, the server was having a lot of lockups at random times. Something we couldn't explain at the time. After we wiped and went to ver3, those lockups went away and we forgot about them, until we tried to bring ver2 back online, we started getting random lockups.

Turns out, the map was corrupted, FrostFeuer is a contributor because he spent quite a bit of time working on the map, to cut out the corrupted chunks. If your house or building happens to be in something that doesn't look right or is cut in half, you'll have to rebuild it by hand.

The deletion of the corrupted chunks was necessary to bring the world back online.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Jun 2011, 13:58

extra information is always appreciated Wokka. thanks for that. and thanks to Frost for doing the Chunk Cutting. :D
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 13 Jun 2011, 14:12

It's funny, I was wandering around Ver2 and, despite all the huge impressive creations, the things that really made me smile were stuff like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Frostfeuer

Post by Frostfeuer » 13 Jun 2011, 16:50

wokka1 wrote:One thing I'm not sure if Sneaky talked about during the fireside with Exitus. For those of you who remember the end of ver2, the server was having a lot of lockups at random times. Something we couldn't explain at the time. After we wiped and went to ver3, those lockups went away and we forgot about them, until we tried to bring ver2 back online, we started getting random lockups.

Turns out, the map was corrupted, FrostFeuer is a contributor because he spent quite a bit of time working on the map, to cut out the corrupted chunks. If your house or building happens to be in something that doesn't look right or is cut in half, you'll have to rebuild it by hand.

The deletion of the corrupted chunks was necessary to bring the world back online.
Just a note, the only area that was seemingly affected by this error was segments of the city of Hatile, while I did what I could to preserve as much of it as possible (which sounds easier then it was) there are 2 decently sized chunks taken out of the city, as well as the underground tunnels.

And for anyone curious, the offending chunks was sadly not enough to fix the error with the world causing a lock up, since for some reason (and i'm being serious here) there were about 300-400 wooden door drops around the chunks that were causing the lock up. While I can only imagine how they managed to get there my assumption is that there was some sort of dupe bug that caused the chunks to become filled with woodendoors.

Regardless, I'm glad to be able to finally talk about why I got contributor, and am happy to see these worlds back up for exploration.

TheOtherStickman

Post by TheOtherStickman » 15 Jun 2011, 05:22

Oh yes, now I get to see my Donkey Kong again.

I missed Tree Town.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 15 Jun 2011, 09:33

Frostfeuer wrote:Just a note, the only area that was seemingly affected by this error was segments of the city of Hatile...
Hatile?

I've never heard of Hatile... ever.

Yay! No regrets.

RexDark

Post by RexDark » 15 Jun 2011, 09:41

This reminds me...
I never got around to fixing either my house in New Central (which got griefed) or in Alantis 2 (which burned down because somehow it got into contact with lava deep underground....),
nor did I ever manage to finish my castle before the map got wiped...
No signature here.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 15 Jun 2011, 09:41

I don't recall that settlement either; but right before the end of version 1, our population was climbing quite a bit. Lots of new things were built... And even prior to the population explosion, there was lots of places I'd never seen. You had to get everywhere by walking, and at the time, most people just picked a direction and kept going until they found a vacant area that appealed to them. Lots of areas never had roads connecting them. I may actually try to hijack a few of the old-timers a time or two to beg for tours. :)
RexDark wrote:This reminds me...
I never got around to fixing either my house in New Central (which got griefed) or in Alantis 2 (which burned down because somehow it got into contact with lava deep underground....),
nor did I ever manage to finish my castle before the map got wiped...
I remember that fire!! It took a bunch of us well over an hour to put out all the flames... You silly Atlanteans and your compulsion to build with wood in conjunction with fire and lava.
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 15 Jun 2011, 10:32

Cho
OI YOU!
YES YOU!