Well, it's come to this. EDIT: Now I'm done!

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Fenreil

Well, it's come to this. EDIT: Now I'm done!

Post by Fenreil » 30 Apr 2011, 14:15

Ever since I started joined this server, I've wanted to build a city under a dome. This has been more or less my only goal. Now, two server resets later, I've almost acheived it. I cleared the land, gathered materials, and built over half of the dome. Unfortunately, I burned out. I spent a few weeks focusing entirely on the project and just couldn't continue. At the time, I thought it was okay. I figured I'd just get the urge to play again in a week or two.

It's been a lot longer than a week or two, and i still don't have the urge to finish the dome. I really want to do the other stuff, i.e. building the city and everything that entails, but I just can't bring myself to finish the dome. Now I've been informed, via signs, that my land will be considered abandoned in 6 days.

So, what does all this matter? I'm asking for anyone who feels like it do finish the dome for me. I hate asking for help, and I hate the thought of the project just being destroyed, but there's no way I'm going to finish it, and leaving it unfinished forever would be unfair to the server.

So..., if you feel like helping me out, just head southwest of the boat spawn. You can't miss it. There's ladders outside the west side of the wall.

Last edited by Fenreil on 17 May 2011, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Re: Well, it's come to this

Post by Milo_Windby » 30 Apr 2011, 14:27

I have been looking at this project with a keen interest, I would very much like to see it done (And I might even ask for a plot if I can get one =D)
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 30 Apr 2011, 14:34

Even if you don't finish the dome, you've got some pretty cool walls there. :D

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Apr 2011, 14:38

oh so THATS what that was! i lost count of how many times i fell down that central shaft while trying to figure out who owned it (dont worry i didnt touch anything) put up some signs. im sure people will be happy to volunteer.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 30 Apr 2011, 16:48

Say, didn't Wisey, sorry, Flux (That'll take some getting used to) want this area?
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 01 May 2011, 22:17

If no one takes it in 6 days, I'll work my Elven magic on its vast and moist land 8-)
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 02 May 2011, 23:48

Alright, I've decided to take another whack at it, after I finish with finals, of course. However, I'm still looking for help, so if anyone feels like it, just tell me. I have a guide I've been following to get the dome exact, and I can give it to you.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 03 May 2011, 00:18

Don't give up Fenreil, if you need mats, I have a lot stashed away from my mining days, I'll donate if you need some.

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 07 May 2011, 14:47

Update: Things are actually going along pretty well.

I'd be farther along, but I keep getting distracted by all the fun new stuff I missed out on while being gone, like the Nether.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 07 May 2011, 15:11

Fenreil wrote:Update: Things are actually going along pretty well.

*snip*

I'd be farther along, but I keep getting distracted by all the fun new stuff I missed out on while being gone, like the Nether.
oh wow that's great!
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 07 May 2011, 15:42

That looks really really nice. I'm a bit caught up with my own town currently, but I'll be happy to help if you need it.
Are you planning on closing the dome entirely and having no sunlight? Or have you considered a skylight? I could probably donate some glass if I have any left laying around.

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 07 May 2011, 16:30

aflycon wrote:That looks really really nice. I'm a bit caught up with my own town currently, but I'll be happy to help if you need it.
Are you planning on closing the dome entirely and having no sunlight? Or have you considered a skylight? I could probably donate some glass if I have any left laying around.
No, no. It's going to be completely closed off. No natural light is allowed in at all. That's why I made it so you can only get in by using lifts found in buildings outside of the dome.

Unfortunately it's really hard for multiple people to work on it at the same time, because I'm following a strict guide, so multiple people would constantly have to be telling each other which layer they were on. Plus, mistakes are really hard to fix.

I can always use help with the later stuff, though, like the huge garden that's going under the town level.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 07 May 2011, 16:39

Fenreil wrote:
aflycon wrote:That looks really really nice. I'm a bit caught up with my own town currently, but I'll be happy to help if you need it.
No, no. It's going to be completely closed off. No natural light is allowed in at all. That's why I made it so you can only get in by using lifts found in buildings outside of the dome.

Unfortunately it's really hard for multiple people to work on it at the same time, because I'm following a strict guide, so multiple people would constantly have to be telling each other which layer they were on. Plus, mistakes are really hard to fix.

I can always use help with the later stuff, though, like the huge garden that's going under the town level.
Ah, alright. Well, looks like it's going to turn out great. (:

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 May 2011, 15:18

That's really impressive. I'm a little busy with my own properties, so I don't think I'll be able to help.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Fenreil

Re: Well, it's come to this. EDIT: Now I'm done!

Post by Fenreil » 17 May 2011, 12:33

Forget all the noise that was there before, 'cause I finished the dome!

Outside:

Inside, looking up:

Inside, looking down:

Alright, great, fantastic. That's one part done. Now the city needs work, and while most of the buildings will be built be other players, there's still public things to be built, and I'm terrible at making things look good.

So, if there's anyone out there who's good at interior or exterior design, please speak up.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 17 May 2011, 12:35

Wow that's impressive.

...now tunnel down to bedrock and turn it into a full sphere.
The staff here are all trolls

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 May 2011, 12:49

im good at building's so long as you dont mind lava lights.

any specific theme you want them to be?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 17 May 2011, 16:21

i think i could also help out building some structures for you? If you want any pictures of my work (in progress) i would be happy to show you my skills.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 17 May 2011, 18:11

I can come by on Monday to build some stuff for you. Check out my home in Briarton for reference, the door should be unlocked. :)

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 17 May 2011, 20:13

I've started building, but it's mostly clumsy cobble versions of what I want. Feel free to contact me when I'm online, or stop by. If there's anything you feel should be added or changed, tell me. I'll probably ask you to do it....