What inspired your Username ?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Rodech

Re: What inspired your Username ?

Post by Rodech » 30 May 2011, 10:45

A few months ago, I decided to roll a Troll Shaman in WoW, but couldn't up a name for the life of me. After many hours of randomly spewing out sounds, noises, and grunts, I came up with Rodech. The toon quickly became my favorite and I stuck with its name even after I stopped playing WoW, carrying it with me into Rift (which I also quit), and changed my Steam name after it.

I also use Sariv as a username in some games, but that's just the letters of my surname jumbled around.

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 30 May 2011, 15:42

Nr1Asshole wrote: -Playstyle:
If there is a way to humiliate you in a fps game, you can be sure that I dedicate myself to do exactly that and often it will be several attempts. At times these attempts will be succsessful and you will get more and more irritated\infuriated causing you to do mistakes that improves my chances of succsess, this is a downward spiral where I get happier and you angrier. To make matters worse, the ingame text`s will burn into your eyes and you will have rage induced sleep problems the following night. Be it defiblirators, repair tool, knife, riot shield, UAV roadkill or even a blackhawk roadkill when you are on a hill far away from the action. It will happen sooner or later, no matter how many attempts and at one point it will make you snap.
You wouldn't happen to play on Xbox 360 by any chance? If you do then I might have either found the team mate who Tk'd me by ramming a building in Atacama Desert with a Cobra and destroyed one of the last walls, knocking it down OR the only other person who has my playstyle.

OT:

I use MrJKapowey now for everything except Ensemble Studios Online that I go on.

It started in class two years ago... One of my class mates decided to call me 'JOOEEY KAPOWEY!' and continually kept that going. Every time I got a question right - 'Well done Proffessor Kapowey', if the form tutor gave him a letter to give to me - 'I'm looking for a, uh, Mr J. Kapowey. Oh, it's you!'

I didn't mind, but he eventually stopped and when I was thinking of a new XBL gamertag that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Soon it will be not 'because someone called me it', but 'because has been that way for all my recent past'.
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

dridrino

Post by dridrino » 30 May 2011, 17:08

Well my name, dridrino originates from my surname. I was in grade 1 at the time, and i needed to email my project to my team. Instead of just using my mothers,fathers or sisters email, i wanted my own. So i spent quite a while trying to figure out names, i went from wierd ones like canadiensfan (yes i am from montreal, in Canadia (yes it is called canadia) ) to random ones like hockeydude, i came upon one tht i liked... dri, due to the fact my name is adreano. (yes with an e) it was to short, and dridri didnt seem right, so i simply added an n o and completed dridrino... thts it, no playstyle or anything like tht, just an old email name, tht stuck... (you can try emailing me, but the email i check the most is my school email so...)
~dridrino
Co-Owner of Benchwood
Spoiler! :
we like trains

TheOtherStickman

Post by TheOtherStickman » 30 May 2011, 18:28

A few years ago I was coming up with a username for YouTube.

I liked to play around in Pivot StickFigure Animator so I used Stickman1997 (1997 being the year I was born).

Later, when making an account on the Escapist, I changed it to TheStickman because the numbers were stupid.
TheStickman was taken when making MineCraft username, so I used TheOtherStickman.
aflycon wrote:There was a very clear forum announcement a few weeks back telling everyone to make sure their forum name is the same as their game name.. <_> You should change it.
Looks like I have to change mine now. :/

Chapelz

Post by Chapelz » 31 May 2011, 12:51

hmm...Chapelz came from an anime i used to watch. I won't tell you the anime i'll let you figure it out by yourselves. But the idea came up because i wanted something slightly religious as a game name, yet cool at the same time so i looked to anime for a trusty base and low and behold i found someone with the nickname of Chapel the Evergreen. So i added a z to Chapel and made it my name. I've also used The Evergreen as a name on my League of Legends account and a few other things. I feel like I don't like to use the whole game name cuz that's just corny, predictable, and people will immediately know where i got it from. So if i split it into 2 parts it becomes slightly more "cooler"

Other names i used to go by were F2daJay or F2daJay1229 ....cuz F-jay is my name so it was corny/cool sounding enough to work. 1229 is my d.o.b., eventually i realized it really isnt smart to put that in a username lol

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 01 Jun 2011, 19:17

furdabip wrote:
derigin wrote:... Goes to show that, no matter what you make up, someone has already done it.
I'm the only "furdabip" in existance
I google'd it, the entire first page is profiles I will assume are your's, furd.
OT:
Well, the fact that I am a man, there is the Mr part. And I love whales, like i would die for them love. There is the Whales part.
Interestingly enough, you can almost do what you can do with furd's name. Except maybe 65% of the things on the first page of Google aren't mine. Like the Etsy page, that guy sells fabric. But you can find my DeviantArt and my Interpals(penpal website) there. There are about 3 more, but i am not sharing which. For the whole, shame part... :?

Edit:
I had to,
Zinrius wrote:
JamEngulfer221 wrote:
So by the statement you've done here, we can easily track you AND only you with your current username because, according to you, there are no other active members with a duplicate username such as yours so whatever that account does only leads to 1 person in the world, which, like stated... it's you.
He apparently speaks Filipino and Hindi(page 3 of google)
Possibly Indonesian(page 4)
Is site admin to a wikia about "Zastren"
Is an expert on Russet potatoes(page 6)
And a short story writer..
Am i missing something? Feels like I am..

Also Zin played Gaia?
Edit2:
Also this:
http://mcbans.com/player/zinrius

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 02 Jun 2011, 00:42

MrWhales wrote:
furdabip wrote:
derigin wrote:... Goes to show that, no matter what you make up, someone has already done it.
I'm the only "furdabip" in existance
I google'd it, the entire first page is profiles I will assume are your's, furd.
OT:
Well, the fact that I am a man, there is the Mr part. And I love whales, like i would die for them love. There is the Whales part.
Interestingly enough, you can almost do what you can do with furd's name. Except maybe 65% of the things on the first page of Google aren't mine. Like the Etsy page, that guy sells fabric. But you can find my DeviantArt and my Interpals(penpal website) there. There are about 3 more, but i am not sharing which. For the whole, shame part... :?

Edit:
I had to,
Zinrius wrote:
JamEngulfer221 wrote:
So by the statement you've done here, we can easily track you AND only you with your current username because, according to you, there are no other active members with a duplicate username such as yours so whatever that account does only leads to 1 person in the world, which, like stated... it's you.
He apparently speaks Filipino and Hindi(page 3 of google)
Possibly Indonesian(page 4)
Is site admin to a wikia about "Zastren"
Is an expert on Russet potatoes(page 6)
And a short story writer..
Am i missing something? Feels like I am..

Also Zin played Gaia?
Edit2:
Also this:
http://mcbans.com/player/zinrius
Yes, I do play Gaia actually, I'm still the active member. My Gaia dresses like my MC character ;)

And yes, what about MCbans ? Everyone on a server with MCbans is registered with a perfect score of 10.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Preston_Brooks

Post by Preston_Brooks » 24 Jun 2011, 20:27

Preston_Brooks is actually one of two usernames I employ for all of the games I play. The first tag I used when I started gaming was kab, which was simply my initials. When I was older and started playing online I felt it was time for a change, but I still wanted to hang on to my old tag somehow. The switch was simple, kab turned into skabs. It was easy to yell in a firefight, unique, and best of all I got to keep the theme of using my initials as a homophone. When I set up minecraft I found that, much to my chagrin, my preferred name (skabs) was already taken, and I am loath to add numbers to any on my usernames. As such, I stuck with my other tag, Preston_Brooks.

I donned Preston_Brooks as a secondary tag a few years ago. At that time myself and a group of like minded friends were just beginning to play Call of Duty. Being students of history we decided it would be funny to pick out obscure and interesting figures from American history to use as tags. Our final team consisted of myself and Benjamin Banneker on point, Thaddeus Stevens supporting, and Jeannette Rankin sniping :lol: . Good times. Only once did someone recognize and comment on the fact that we were using historical names.

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 25 Jun 2011, 21:17

My user name is simple enough, Luke is my name and I would be a knight if I was in the world of minecraft. But I never use that username for anything else. For my whole life I used the name, BushWhacker01 or BravoWhiskey for short. I came up with that name because I've always enjoyed bushwhacking and I think it sounds like a good name. and the 01 part was in case I had to make more then one account I'd just name them accordingly.
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 26 Jun 2011, 13:54

I first used "Aenir" back at the end of March 2006 for a new Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne account and I've used it ever since.

I got it from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aenir

At the time I was really enjoying the book series, and the name sounded cool; it was uncommon enough that I didn't have to add anything.

However I've encountered I think two times where it was already taken, the second being with Minecraft, so I did what I did the other time; I added in "_bEPU"

bEPU was the clan I was in back in WC3:FT. A Steam group was made and 6 of us still regularly hang out in the group chat channel. You have no idea how much just the word bEPU!! has influenced my life.

And don't ask about the origin of bEPU ;) I shall not disclose that.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 27 Jun 2011, 18:59

If you google me you pull up two youtube vids :D, one of them me showing MKindy a flapping door and the other me riding a bucking bronco tis true :P Go ahead I'll wait ^^
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 27 Jun 2011, 19:08

You suck at Bucking Bronco. :P

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Cyphafrost

Post by Cyphafrost » 27 Jun 2011, 21:14

"Cypha" is my own special play on words, that no one but me would understand, plus it sounds cool. "Frost" was originally "Flame", but someone stole "Cyphaflame" on X-box, and "Cyphafrost" was born!
CUT: Director of Evil Laughs and Head Scientist of WMD's (Weapons of Mass Downsizing)

Derp

Sabalora

Post by Sabalora » 04 Jul 2011, 01:59

Bob is the username i use for everything :D it was the first thing that came into my head when deciding on a WoW username, 35 is my street adress :D

RunOutOfNames

Post by RunOutOfNames » 04 Jul 2011, 15:10

I'm not quite sure if my name really does need explaining, but nevertheless: I usually use different names for each game I play to avoid potential cross-game conflicts. Because I came to late to the Minecraft party, every single one was taken. I tried this, half in desperation and half for the lulz. And it worked.
You should never criticise someone until you walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticise them, you're a mile away- and you have their shoes.