What inspired your Username ?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Re: What inspired your Username ?

Post by MKindy » 26 Apr 2011, 07:17

Mine's just my name. xD I had expected to have a display name different from my username when I reg'd Minecraft. As some of you might have seen, I go by LordMarcus on my YouTube channel -- that name goes back about 13 years, from when I learned I had some proper lordly ancestry in my family background. I would have used that here, but too late. :s

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 26 Apr 2011, 09:08

donky cose i think its a funny word, minus the e cose i am not a donkey, my brother placed poink behind it while creating my account, donky is my standart ign.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 26 Apr 2011, 09:10

2 topics about the same thing ?

... I can fix that :geek:
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 26 Apr 2011, 09:41

Pinmissile wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Pinmissile wrote: The Swenglishman, because I've got this stupid fake English accent I can't get rid off.
Fake? :o

Stupid?!? :cry:
Still love it, though. Makes me sound classy and educated.
Sound? :shock:

Also, when I google myself all my accomplishments here are overshadowed by all my other ones, and... the incident.

Joskeuh

Post by Joskeuh » 26 Apr 2011, 09:57

Jos because it is derived from Josef , just as my name is.
Joske because it’s Jos in a Dutch Dialect
Joskeuh Because Joske was taken

Also Joske Vermeulen is a known comical character in Belgium
Neveneffecten hebben u bij uw kersen... Basta.
- Basta 14/02/11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsIAfvcC52E

random980

Post by random980 » 26 Apr 2011, 10:07

Well Minecraft was the last thing i ever used Random980 on. I got it because at some point i needed a random username and couldnt think of a decant random one. Then my random mind randomly came up with the random word random, i then shoved a 980 on the end due to me liking that number for some random reason.

I know go by Meatroid because, 1. I wanted a new name without numbers and that was more original, 2. Im a carnivore. 3. I had JUST finished metroid prime 3 at the time of making a new username. so the intelligent me thought: Food + First thing to mind = username. Meat + Metroid = username. Meatroid = username. 8-)
So far i havent found anyone else use Meatroid... except for some dumbass on youtube :evil: but i just made mine meatroid980 on that :lol:
And i do not like being referred to as meat rod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 26 Apr 2011, 13:29

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Pinmissile wrote: Still love it, though. Makes me sound classy and educated.
Sound? :shock:

Also, when I google myself all my accomplishments here are overshadowed by all my other ones, and... the incident.
Ooooh I see your game. I'll join in.

Google? :o

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 26 Apr 2011, 14:50

Well back when i was about 10 or 11 i was introduced to online games from a friend in the form of Runescape.

I was to determined not to go the way of my friends in naming their characters killer10 or awesome 45. So i sat there for a while and decided "Vol-" sounded pretty cool. And i had just watched a documentary, or played a video game (can't remember which) that had mentioned the Stag. I thought that word also sounded cool. I put them together and got Volstag.

As for the number. I truly believed at that age that all of these online names had to have a number. For whatever reason i had a favorite number, and that was of course, 9.

So there we go!
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 27 Apr 2011, 17:54

Se7enty_Se7en wrote:Honestly this is the first time using the username Se7enty_Se7en, every other game I have my username is usually powerfulkingj but powerfulkingt being the creative person that he is stole it for minecraft... He made the account b4 I even got my minecraft...... So I got 77 off sudden attack from a really good player :P
Haha its true, I stole his name xD
~The Fulk
ImageImage

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 27 Apr 2011, 18:23

Mine's pretty boring. Eddie Tester is a sock puppet I use for a test account on a variety of systems. You should see some of the spam he gets :shock:
Which leads to this:

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 28 Apr 2011, 04:09

Hytro = From the Norwegian word "hytte" and "ro" and hytte is a cabin and ro is like row a boat, and I put them together and got Hyttro, but changed it to Hytro later on for the awesomeness.
progHy = made it for my deviantart user, pro and hy from hytro and put the g in the middle for the flow :P
TheTeeMan = I was drinking tea... yeah...
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 01 May 2011, 10:43

Well michaeld20 is pretty simple. Michael is my first name. D is my last initial. and im not quite sure where 20 came from.. on another account its called jolteon00. and well thats good ol pokemon!
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 01 May 2011, 13:58

michaeld20 wrote: and im not quite sure where 20 came from..
I thought it might be a reference to 20-sided dice.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 01 May 2011, 18:08

mine is a 2 part thing now that i remember

1. i fell into my uncles pond and he said im 'wild, will'

2. when my sis made me a hotmail account she made the username wild_west_will... cant remember the password

as far as i remember ive ALWAYS used 002 at the end no matter what

not sure which of you mods came up with 'windmill' though, but i like it! if i remember who came up with it il give you some cake... or iron... but probably cake
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

JamEngulfer221

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 01 May 2011, 22:23

Mine is a bit weird, I was trying to think of a username for my Lego.com account. I already had one, but that was my surname with a 1 at the end, and my Mum was paranoid that someone would track me down just from my surname, so I had to come up with a new one.

I was sitting on a chair in my kitchen that evening watching my Mum washing out a jam pot, I thought "I like Jam," then the username came to me in a flash of inspiration. (I liked the number 221 already).

It is a good username, NO-ONE else has this user. Go ahead and Google it!

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 01 May 2011, 22:29

JamEngulfer221 wrote:Mine is a bit weird, I was trying to think of a username for my Lego.com account. I already had one, but that was my surname with a 1 at the end, and my Mum was paranoid that someone would track me down just from my surname, so I had to come up with a new one.

I was sitting on a chair in my kitchen that evening watching my Mum washing out a jam pot, I thought "I like Jam," then the username came to me in a flash of inspiration. (I liked the number 221 already).

It is a good username, NO-ONE else has this user. Go ahead and Google it!
No one else has it ? interesting.

So by the statement you've done here, we can easily track you AND only you with your current username because, according to you, there are no other active members with a duplicate username such as yours so whatever that account does only leads to 1 person in the world, which, like stated... it's you.

Show this to your mom see what she thinks. ;)

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 01 May 2011, 22:31

Should've used your surname all along...

Pancake Inc

Post by Pancake Inc » 02 May 2011, 06:10

i like pancakes :)

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 02 May 2011, 16:05

i made Byroe up many years ago, i first thought of it when Nintendogs first came out and i was trying to think of a cool name for a dog, then i just started matching letters until i came up with by and roe. i ended up loving the combination and named my Nintendogs dog Byroe. after that, i got xbox live and because i couldn't think of a name, i thought about using byroe or my old Runescape name "goopy75" naturally i thought of the consequences of goopy75 and went with byroe. since then i have started using it for a lot of things, but the name really kicked off when my parents bought me a beagle and named him byroe without my consent. ever since then, i have used the username "BYROE" for everything i do, whether it be on the internet, in school, or in contests. i use it for everything. and as far as i know, i am the only byroe out there (besides my dog) and so if you see a byroe anywhere on the internet, chances are its me. ;)
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Nr1Asshole

Post by Nr1Asshole » 03 May 2011, 14:00

Hmmm. Well mine is mostly derived from my playstyle, weapon preference and personality in the genre I play the most......fps games. And as we all know, fps games are filled with pissed of people who has devoted themselves to finding new words to insult others. This in itself does not make very much sense so I will tell a bit more about it.

(the following statements are the culminations of how I am described by others)

-Playstyle:
If there is a way to humiliate you in a fps game, you can be sure that I dedicate myself to do exactly that and often it will be several attempts. At times these attempts will be succsessful and you will get more and more irritated\infuriated causing you to do mistakes that improves my chances of succsess, this is a downward spiral where I get happier and you angrier. To make matters worse, the ingame text`s will burn into your eyes and you will have rage induced sleep problems the following night. Be it defiblirators, repair tool, knife, riot shield, UAV roadkill or even a blackhawk roadkill when you are on a hill far away from the action. It will happen sooner or later, no matter how many attempts and at one point it will make you snap.

-Weapon choice
Overpowered weapon that people hate? I`m on it and using it like a boss!
Sinister evil weapon that seems like it would fit someone who was evil to the bone? MEEEE MEEE OH MEEEEEE! (example here would be how you always saw me running around with the flamethrower in COD: United offensive, at times camping behind enemy tanks waiting for people to jump out seconds before it got destroyed)
A weapon that can be used in a wOOOT THA FOOOOO*** way to get people.

-Personality
Don`t you hate people who rub it into you face when the game isn`t going your way? From the gentle "haha\lol\lmao" through the "LALAALALAL OMG LOOOOHOHOHOL\ROFLMAOSEDONG IN UR FACE" to the "OMG AHAAHAHAHAHA DIDN`T U SEE THAT COMING TO YOU??!!! SELL UR PC AND NEVER VISIT THE INTORNETZ AGAIN!" (I assure you these are all lies on the scale of the cake).

Those of you who play Bad Company 2 will also know that when you are killed the game won`t let you select the exit game button at times. Once upon a time there was this...this....HNNNNG "person of lesser intelli......no.........................player..." who in his infinite lack of wisdom teamkilled me and some mates by accident at the most crucial moments time after time. When confronted with this problem and a solution of checking fire to make the problem go away....this person anwsered in the most delightful way, things to do with my mother. This resulted in me and my mate ganging up in the longest tk revenge to date that I know of. His end stats spelled out a horrible 3-65 while he was inventing new curse words every three seconds.

This plus the fact that I can`t play one little round before I get called "my nick -Nr1" made me switch to what I have today as it`s now a auto immunity device against insults. Now they cannot accuse me of being one, just agree and confirm that I am one. :)

End of story

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 03 May 2011, 14:15

Nr1 dont you know that the best way to play BC2 it to hill the entire enemy team by ramming them with a C4 laden upside down Helicopter? UAV's dont count...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 03 May 2011, 17:30

I made mine forever ago. I wanted an alias that would be constant in everything I did online, so it had to be something no one else used. I was really into Norse mythology, so I just mutated the wolf Fenris's name a little.

I'm incredibly stubborn at choosing names, so I haven't changed it since.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 03 May 2011, 23:34

Pinmissile wrote:Snagged the name from Unforgotten Realms.

What? Charles Pinmissile is a funny name.
I knew you were prof. Pinmissile

I started as nart_21086 in 2007 and have never ceased using this handle. 'nart' = nickname IRL, also last name backwards. I sure envied 'Iksnos'. 21086 has yet another divine secret purpose just school lunch PIN
The underscore was simply used to finish registration for Blinx.com. Yes, blinx. I had my own mini website with star wars avatars and original Xbox cheats. When numbers are unnecessary simple nart is used.

(the url was www.Nart-0.blinx.com Blinx has since gone out of business =P)
I Serve Escapia

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 08 May 2011, 21:41

im jonnyboy72 because my teacher would always call me that and i just like 72(my account name is jonnybo72 because i forgot the y and i cant change my accounts name)
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 08 May 2011, 22:42

JonnyBoy72 wrote:im jonnyboy72 because my teacher would always call me that and i just like 72(my account name is jonnybo72 because i forgot the y and i cant change my accounts name)
There was a very clear forum announcement a few weeks back telling everyone to make sure their forum name is the same as their game name.. <_> You should change it.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 09 May 2011, 16:52

My username is very unoriginal as an idea, but noone else has ever used it. It's just an abbreviated version of my full name. Stiller, Joseph Lewis. Sti=Stiller, Jo=Joseph, Lew=Lewis.

Before that my usernames where always joey198098 becuase Joey is my old nickname and 198098 is an old school ID numbeer. I got tired of using numbers in a username so I made the switch to Sti_Jo_Lew.

The username also gets me called "Jew" sometimes. Which is kind of funny becuase I am German and the only Jewish friend I've ever had annoyed me all the time.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 20 May 2011, 14:50

I used to have trouble with usernames. Good ones are hard to think up. They either didn't sound good, were bad translations, were easily abused to make fun of, or reflected something I basically outgrew...

Short version is: I got "makkaal" from a car license plate. Read it out loud in leet (thanks to years of playing Counter-Strike), changed one letter, realized it sounded awesome.
"Wollt ihr 'n Hut? Nur Mut, 'n Hut tut gut!"

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 30 May 2011, 00:18

i don't know how... :oops:
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 30 May 2011, 01:46

JonnyBoy72 wrote:i don't know how... :oops:
it's all in your user control panel under the banner.

luke2006

Post by luke2006 » 30 May 2011, 01:57

Mines just random :D