My absence from the server

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Blackadder51
Retired

My absence from the server

Post by Blackadder51 » 23 Apr 2011, 22:23

As a few people would have noticed that I haven't been on the server as much as I used to in the last couple of weeks, whilst partially to blame is a real full time job, I simply can not hide behind that façade much longer. I have been here since October, when I remember when buckets did not work, fences were a feared object and the ION cannon was something that was fired often for much entertainment.

However to be honest the game Minecraft has bored me since December, and remains to this day something that I have poured over a month into. No game has ever had that much attention from me. What made me stay past December was/is you. The community. Before I found this sever I always thought of something like a clan or to be honest WOW laughable, I did not believe that people would do that, random people on the net, attend meetings, plan out stuff, hell even meet in real life. I did not understand it at all.

Whislt I do fear I shall sound melodramatic this server has really changed me and for the better. I have made some real good friends here, and although I shall always be "that guy" I love it here. It's really what I think about most of the time ether at work or at home. It's what prompts me to wake up an extra hour before work, to stay up way too late on a weeknight, or to sing yell "My heart will go on" at 4am to people in vent. (Of which i am sorry bout dat :/) This place has really helped me through tough times mentally for me and even now as I'm typing it there is quiet a lot of emotion behind it. Here I do not wear a (hypothetical) mask, I am what I am and I love that.

I do diverge though, I love this place and it means a lot to me that I can help this place become even greater then what it is, however I fear I will not be in game as much. I have other games that I would love to play but I will be on the forums a lot.

Escapecraft is not just a couple of people on Minecraft. It's a bloody good community that I will stay with for a very long time.

I am sorry if this do not make much sense, it's rather hard to explain this and I am very self-conscious about this thread.

-----

Kind Regards,

Joshua. (Blackadder51)

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Laptop_mini
Retired

Re: My absence from the server

Post by Laptop_mini » 23 Apr 2011, 22:37

Is this a goodbye forever, or just an au revoir?

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 23 Apr 2011, 22:40

No no just a short break from the actual game itself. I might come on ever day or so but not for as long. However I will be on the forums a lot.

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 23 Apr 2011, 22:42

It is understandable and healthy to have absences, if it means the possibility of needing to do what you must do, and returning to a Minecraft where one does not feel as though they're going through the motions. There's an odd quote that seems fitting here; “Friendship, like love, is destroyed by long absence, though it may be increased by short intermissions”?

Let us hope this is only a short intermission. Take it easy, Adder. We appreciate you.

Edit: Ah, I didn't see the post above when I wrote this. :p

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 23 Apr 2011, 22:46

I suppose me and Warlock are going to have to take up the work of TNT-ing and/or fire usage in your stead, Black. ^_^ I hope you have a good bit of a break, I understand the need for them.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 23 Apr 2011, 22:54

Blackadder51 wrote:As a few people would have noticed that I haven't been on the server as much as I used to in the last couple of weeks, whilst partially to blame is a real full time job, I simply can not hide behind that façade much longer. I have been here since October, when I remember when buckets did not work, fences were a feared object and the ION cannon was something that was fired often for much entertainment.

However to be honest the game Minecraft has bored me since December, and remains to this day something that I have poured over a month into. No game has ever had that much attention from me. What made me stay past December was/is you. The community. Before I found this sever I always thought of something like a clan or to be honest WOW laughable, I did not believe that people would do that, random people on the net, attend meetings, plan out stuff, hell even meet in real life. I did not understand it at all.

Whislt I do fear I shall sound melodramatic this server has really changed me and for the better. I have made some real good friends here, and although I shall always be "that guy" I love it here. It's really what I think about most of the time ether at work or at home. It's what prompts me to wake up an extra hour before work, to stay up way too late on a weeknight, or to sing yell "My heart will go on" at 4am to people in vent. (Of which i am sorry bout dat :/) This place has really helped me through tough times mentally for me and even now as I'm typing it there is quiet a lot of emotion behind it. Here I do not wear a (hypothetical) mask, I am what I am and I love that.

I do diverge though, I love this place and it means a lot to me that I can help this place become even greater then what it is, however I fear I will not be in game as much. I have other games that I would love to play but I will be on the forums a lot.

Escapecraft is not just a couple of people on Minecraft. It's a bloody good community that I will stay with for a very long time.

I am sorry if this do not make much sense, it's rather hard to explain this and I am very self-conscious about this thread.

-----

Kind Regards,

Joshua. (Blackadder51)
Black. we will always love you. and your deadly fire and tnt... SEE YA NEXT WEEK ;D
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 24 Apr 2011, 01:00

Fair enough. I'll miss you a hell of a lot though. :D
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 24 Apr 2011, 01:52

MC is like pancakes... its awesome but you don't wanna over eat them.

Sometimes you want sunny side up or some darn sausage!

*cough* Enjoy your time Black, your service is always appreciated. You deserve a breather.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 24 Apr 2011, 02:16

<3

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 24 Apr 2011, 02:22

I promise I'll wait for you before I demolish any more buildings. We must crash the server as a team.

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 24 Apr 2011, 03:33

miss ya Black, and thou too Lath, if you're reading.
I Serve Escapia

Frostfeuer

Post by Frostfeuer » 24 Apr 2011, 08:08

Everyone needs a break from time to time black, we all will greatly miss your presence on the server but if/when you come back we will welcome you back with open arms (and a bunch of tnt). :D

lionheart_1
Site Contributor

Post by lionheart_1 » 24 Apr 2011, 08:09

Do what you need to do, mate. I'll hold the fort with the Imperial City.
'Orbis non sufficit'

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 24 Apr 2011, 12:29

can you stock up a load of Chests at IC with TNT so that only a mod can access them to give it out? i think that will be usefull if your taking a hiatus.

also: IL MISS YOU AND YOUR FIERY WRATH! :cry:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

SisterCreep

Post by SisterCreep » 24 Apr 2011, 12:50

vallorn wrote:... YOUR FIERY WRATH! :cry:
Huh. I always interpreted it as an exuberant expression of chaotic joy. Wrath. Who knew?

~Sister

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 24 Apr 2011, 13:12

No worries Black, take it easy. =]

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 24 Apr 2011, 13:42

You know, the fact that you took the time to type that, shows that you care, and that's enough for me, Black. =]

That is, so long as you turn up for the odd game of Killing Floor, now and again...
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 24 Apr 2011, 20:44

<3 Black

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 24 Apr 2011, 23:41

Dear oh dear, I leave for a week and everything just falls to pieces....

I understand, this past week cured the same thing in me, take all the time you need. 8-)
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae