Reasons People Want to Know!

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Crashendo

Reasons People Want to Know!

Post by Crashendo » 18 Apr 2011, 21:50

For those of you that want to know WHY I'm going to leave Escapia permanently (Or for a really freakin' long time), here you go:

1. "Is this really Minecraft?" What I mean by this is that I don't feel like I'm playing Minecraft when I play on this server. I don't know why, but whenever I'm playing in this server, I call it "Escapia", not "the Escapecraft server". With so many rules and tons of plug-ins in this server, it feels like I'm playing something seperate from Minecraft, as if it's another game or something.

2. "Crap, not again..." If you didn't know, I crash SO many times whenever I'm playing in this server, and I think I'm the player with the most crashes in one day whenever I play on the Escapecraft server. I probably can't go 10 minutes without crashing on some sessions. I doubt it's the server's fault, but it just seems so annoying whenever I crash multiple times within a small amount of time.

3. "Why so serious?" On Escapia, I see magnificent things being built, such as the Imperial City, the Hourglass, and more! But I think that some people are taking this game TOO seriously. For instance, I see towns and cities containing land plots and rules that make it look like as if you aren't playing a game, but you are in an ACTUAL city, trying to fit in with society. Also, I don't understand why, but I see people treating Escapecraft like it's an actual part of their life, and not a game at all. I also think I'm taking this server too seriously.

Just the biggest reasons why I'm not playing on Escapecraft forever, I have some more reasons but they don't seem that big. Just to let everyone know, I'm not leaving because I don't like someone on this server. I'm leaving becuase of the problems I have with the server itself.

Jeez, I'm making this too dramatic. It's a SERVER, for crying out loud, :lol: !
I may visit the server or something once in a while, but not anytime soon. But whatever, later!
<Place epic signature appropriate for Crashendo here>

Milo_Windby
Retired

Re: Reasons People Want to Know!

Post by Milo_Windby » 18 Apr 2011, 22:33

Taking reasons 1 and 3 from your list I have to say these are in fact the two biggest reasons why I have been playing not only minecraft but been on this server for this long.

Yes, you are right... this server really is not like minecraft anymore... it has and will become something far more bigger then just minecraft. It is a community of players from around the world getting together and being able to work and play together to do... what ever the heck they want.
You can Build something like the Imperial City, or make a Pacman Maze... or just log in and chat with your friends.

If you don't feel like being part of a Social Server then I highly suggest you forget about playing on any Minecraft server and Just Play Single Player...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 Apr 2011, 22:58

I will admit minecraft as a game has bored me since Jan this year. The reasons why i stay and mod are because of this community, they are wonderful and honestly have made a massive impact in my life. You mention that you dont play minecraft instead you play on escapecraft, and thats were it hits. We are not just a game, we are a massive collabaration of people and im glad that i found this place, However your reasoning is sound, we shall miss you crash :)

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 19 Apr 2011, 00:57

Well jest aside, I agree 100% with Black, it's not just a server, it's a collaboration.

Made from hard work and effort as well as love from our players, a community that's small enough to be considered family and big enough to build a world that means more than just putting blocks on a tablet. I used to think very differently about MC, my addiction was merely to build build build, but there is no point in building if you cannot share it with the world, and what really matters is not how much time it took to make, or how pretty it is... it's how that very thing I made has inspired someone's creativity.

That's why I play, to inspire, to spark interest, to show people how my mind works while slowly shaping their own into a different way of viewing the world through my eyes.

I could write so much about the topic on how much I love this server, not just MC. MC would not be the same without the people who make it happen, which are the Admins, OPs, MODs, and most importantly, the escapians who each day give a little of their time and place a little of their hearts on the map or help ease the stress by helping fellow builders.

~sigh~ talking about it just brings tears to my eyes. I'll just stop.

Thank you for reading.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 19 Apr 2011, 04:00

Crashendo wrote:If you didn't know, I crash SO many times whenever I'm playing in this server...
This pissed me off in the past, too; have you tried my Java 7 fix? Details here: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=5&t=1809

If I want to play Minecraft, I play singleplayer. If I want to feel like I'm part of a community, I play Escapecraft. If I want boring, ad nauseum tedium with bitchy dramatics and srs bsns, I play World of Warcraft, which I haven't done since December.
Crashendo wrote:For instance, I see towns and cities containing land plots and rules that make it look like as if you aren't playing a game, but you are in an ACTUAL city, trying to fit in with society...
Everything in Minecraft amounts to either an engineering project, an art project, or both. Cities' rules are designed to reflect the aesthetic desire of the person who has claimed the land and has responsibility for its upkeeping.
Crashendo wrote:Also, I don't understand why, but I see people treating Escapecraft like it's an actual part of their life, and not a game at all.
Sure, we all have to get out in the sunshine of the real world for our respective reasons, but each and every one of the people I interact with in Escapecraft is a genuine person, with their own genuine thoughts and often brilliant ideas about things to make and do. Any established player I can help tweak a structure or any new player to whom I can offer guidance and instruction is someone who could be a worthwhile part of my life, and therefore: Yes, Escapecraft is an actual part of my life, and I am happy to count many of the players as genuine friends.

But these are merely my two diamonds.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 19 Apr 2011, 04:08

Zinrius wrote:~sigh~ talking about it just brings tears to my eyes. I'll just stop.

Thank you for reading.
A thousand diamond blocks to you, good sir. <3

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 19 Apr 2011, 04:16

aside from all that has bin said, arn't minecraft plug-ins supported on the minecraft forum? And role-playing in minecraft also is just an extra of multyplayer, building a city with a seperate hierachie within and epic structures arround the place are some people's idea of a good time on minecraft. You just have to be creative, i love working on my city attrackting new residence and hearing people say awesome reply's about my effort.
people got different ideas and we should let everybody be free on what to build and how to manage it? Its not like those towns are isolated from the rest of the server, i talk with numorous people wich i never accually have seen walking arround on the server.

What people often forget is that minecraft is a unique game and you have to accept it in order to like it.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 19 Apr 2011, 06:39

When you say you have a problem with the server directly, it means you have a problem with me and the way I think a SMP server should be.

Rules are there to protect you, the player. The plugins help and enhance the experience such as making travel more convenient. There's a reason why there are very few servers that are vanilla.

If your Minecraft keeps crashing, that's a problem only you can fix.

The server is designed is that you can play however way you want. No one is forcing you to be a part of another player's community ingame. You can go off by yourself and never talk to anyone. You don't lose anything by being a hermit. If you think people are taking the server too seriously, don't interact with them.

It's just a game. Play it however way you want.

trainreqx2

Post by trainreqx2 » 01 May 2011, 14:53

Crashendo,

I just received your gift (the chest inside your house dedicated to me.) Just thought I'd let you know we at BLUtropolis would like to make a cementary with your grave site on it. We're also gonna keep your house, as I enjoy it a lot. You should come back more often. :D
Beauty is why God invented eyeballs and her booty is why God invented my balls.