Estate Ideas

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
aflycon
Retired

Estate Ideas

Post by aflycon » 14 Jul 2011, 23:46

Hey all.

I haven't decided which world I'm going to use quite yet, but I have decided that I'm going to be building a large estate to use as my permanent home. I'll be moving all my items to it (FFFFUUUU-), it will be entirely self-sufficient, and I will most likely be selling any other property that I own, except my place in Haven.

I've only picked out a few things for the place so far - in order to be self-sufficient (meaning I won't have to deal with you peasants anymore :P), the estate will require farms of all types, as well as mob spawning pads and a killing system. For those, I'll be following the guidance of Ethoslab. I will also be utilizing Falsebook to make it more efficient.

I also have decided on the general material scheme of the home, at least the outside. Dark logs (pine?) along with smoothstone slabs. Also, I plan to include large windows.

Anyway, where do you come in? Well, here! I need ideas for the rest of the place, just throw out anything you think I should do. I think there should be several party-oriented rooms in case I decide to host the horrible wonderful Mod Team for any special events at my estate. Also, to reduce lag and increase the functionality of pistons I will be using, the home will be built as far away from other players as possible - this means the northern, eastern, southern, or western extremities of the map that I (or you) choose. The location will not be revealed until completion, but even then I request that the masses don't come to visit; ask me to show you around and I probably will, but I don't want all 10K of you lagging me out. :3

So, start throwing your ideas at me!

To be included:

Etho's Mob Spawning Grounds, (Part 2), and (Part 3)

Etho's 4-Way "Mobavator"

Etho's Mob Processing (EMP) Unit

Piston Doors

Fun-Ass Pool (Nart)

Jman_503

Re: Estate Ideas

Post by Jman_503 » 15 Jul 2011, 00:46

Roommates are always good? An I just watched all of those videos, that guy is brilliant!

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 15 Jul 2011, 01:39

Jman_503 wrote:Roommates are always good? An I just watched all of those videos, that guy is brilliant!
Redstone lag is bad enough due to SMP alone, having other people around may disable the systems. /: And yeah, I've been watching his LP since episode one, he's a genius. Funny too.

luke2006

Post by luke2006 » 15 Jul 2011, 01:56

I've already built I freakin fortress. Has EVERYTHING. If you want, I'll show it to you? It may give some ideas.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 16 Jul 2011, 12:00

I have a handful of time on my hands, i could help you out on that when im not working with jag
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 16 Jul 2011, 15:43

A self destruction system and glass Walls
TNT Lots and
Lots of TNT

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 17 Jul 2011, 17:43

Actually there's a few nice big islands in sky world that would suit your needs perfectly. Ill show you if you want if you cant find one, just give me a shove in game ^^
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Post by 697134002 » 17 Jul 2011, 17:44

arogon343 wrote:Actually there's a few nice big islands in sky world that would suit your needs perfectly. Ill show you if you want if you cant find one, just give me a shove in game ^^
Shoving in the sky world isn't smart.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 17 Jul 2011, 17:49

MEANWHILE in skah world.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 17 Jul 2011, 17:54

XD where do you get this stuff