Who's in charge of this server ? + Introduction

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
Minazen

Who's in charge of this server ? + Introduction

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 15:53

I'm looking for the man in charge of this server, I demand a welcoming hug <3 Why ? Because I'm in love with the ideas presented and put in play so far. Hopefully this server will burst with more and more unique ideas.

Hmm, being new here I really don't know many of you, could I please have a small introduction and the position of you all ? I love to keep records you see, it's what makes the world go round without missing a beat.

Well well, my turn first. Name's Ethera Minazen ( Yes, amazing name isn't it, my parents were quite the anime fans so why not ? ) I was born originally in Tokyo but at a very young age moved to America. No, I don't know Japanese fluently, in fact my father move due to divorce because my mother nearly stabbed me and my father to death ( but lets not dwell into that)

So I’m 21 now and my martial arts teacher got me into Minecraft ( odd, eh ? ) I’m a secretary working for a warehouse that handles computer hardware (IBM). At night times I am an instructor in martial arts as well, I’m a red belt so I teach the younger class ( pays pretty good )

Anyhow, I guess that’s a good run down of who and what I am, I’m a pretty simple girl regardless. I learned to live life pretty simple because I nearly lost it once and it was quite a traumatic experience even at the tender age of 6. *flash back* sigh~

I better end this right here before I ramble grumble more.

Thank you for your time, glad to be part of escapecraft.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Who's in charge of this server ? + Introduction

Post by SneakyPie » 16 Jun 2011, 15:59

That would be me.

Of course I can't take all the credit. A lot of it goes to my team.

It's pleasant to hear compliments about how the server is, it's actually refreshing to actually read thoughtful criticisms (I've seen some other posts). We don't get very much player feedback.

I'm pretty curious though about how you actually found us too.

Welcome to the server and community! Hope you decide to stick around for awhile.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 16 Jun 2011, 16:28

Hey there! Welcome to the server.

If you want to know who the staff are here, I'd suggest having a skim through this thread here. Most of us are there, with a brief intro and our ranks.

By the sounds of things you've read the rules already, but if not, have a look here.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us. :)

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 16:33

SneakyPie wrote:That would be me.

Of course I can't take all the credit, and a lot of it goes to my team.

It's pleasant to hear compliments about how the server is, it's actually refreshing to actually read thoughtful criticisms (I've seen some other posts). We don't get very much player feedback.

Welcome to the server and community! Hope you decide to stick around for awhile.
Amazing how caring you are sir. Caring, active and precise enough to be the first person to post. I'll be more than happy to provide you with constructive criticism as I grow my prominence on it. I’ve studied the rules quite closely as well as the positions that you all offer in each department (which is quite brilliant, I like how organized this server is )

The staff is great, although they are quite silly in the way they socialize with the players but hey, they don’t get paid for costumer service ( as far as I know ) so that can be dismissed as just being goofing around. Callex was the first person I talked to, I requested feed back on my skin and he was not hesitant to comply. So I can tell you have a wonderful staff with good hearts even though I haven’t met all of them by the way you’ve answered I’m pretty sure you know how to pick them.

So my question is, why so many worlds and so little focus on each ? It feels like each world is just the same (Future shift is great! It may be survival but it gives you a different enviorment unlike fyra and ver3, you understand? )

Personally I think the server needs to make worlds that in itself are unique. Like a world for only desserts, a world for only snow, a world where mountains are insanely high to the skies, a world of mostly water, a world floating in the air. You understand the vaerity I speak off that would make this server more unique? you have the potential to create a very unique world selection, but I feel like we’re wasting spots on just duplicating the same concept over and over and when I go to fyra or one of the other versions ( 1, 2 or 3 ) I ask myself, what makes this world unique ? so that’s what I’m getting to.

Sorry if this is too much to chew from me, someone totally new to the server and its concept. I just love the idea and like I’ve said before, it has potential but I feel like it’s not being used properly.

Thank you for reading Sir, hopefully this was more than just a waste of time to read.

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 16:36

DuplicateValue wrote:Hey there! Welcome to the server.

If you want to know who the staff are here, I'd suggest having a skim through this thread here. Most of us are there, with a brief intro and our ranks.

By the sounds of things you've read the rules already, but if not, have a look here.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us. :)
Oh, thank you for this sweetie, I’ll make sure to read it. And yes, so far my stay has been pleasant.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 16 Jun 2011, 16:56

Minazen wrote: Hmm, being new here I really don't know many of you, could I please have a small introduction and the position of you all ? I love to keep records you see, it's what makes the world go round without missing a beat.
Personal vanity appealed to. My Meet the Staff entry is probably slightly out of date anyway.

I'm an Op+ on the server, which means this generally:

I also have the rank of Editor-in-Chief under my avatar, so I suppose I do stuff like that as well.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 16 Jun 2011, 17:00

No need to call me "Sir."

Not bad ideas, but I suggest you make a new thread about them in the Suggestions forum and expand on them a bit. I ask because more people will see it who don't have the time to read every new thread here in the forums.

Once that is done, there can be more discussion.

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 17:20

SneakyPie wrote:No need to call me "Sir."

Not bad ideas, but I suggest you make a new thread about them in the Suggestions forum and expand on them a bit. I ask because more people will see it who don't have the time to read every new thread here in the forums.

Once that is done, there can be more discussion.
Ah, way ahead of you Mr.

I found the "suggestions" thread and posted accordingly.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 16 Jun 2011, 17:24

... I'm sure he won't mind if you call him "Sneaky". :lol:

And... he's wonderful."

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 17:30

DuplicateValue wrote:... I'm sure he won't mind if you call him "Sneaky". :lol:
I'm sure he wouldn't mind, but personally *I* would. I call my father Sir too, I suppose it's habit.

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 16 Jun 2011, 22:46

A new player who likes to post in the forum? Awesome.

Anyway, welcome to the server, hope you have fun. I'm one of the oldies (good Lord, did I actually just type that?) here on the server, but it doesn't seem like that, because I'm extraordinarily quiet. I've actually been around since the first escapecraft, which was run on Sneaky's laptop. That and the second escapecraft (We're currently on the 3rd version) have been recently added to the server as museum worlds, so you should check them out if you want to get a sense of the server's history.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 17 Jun 2011, 01:34

Fenreil wrote:A new player who likes to post in the forum? Awesome.

Anyway, welcome to the server, hope you have fun. I'm one of the oldies (good Lord, did I actually just type that?) here on the server, but it doesn't seem like that, because I'm extraordinarily quiet. I've actually been around since the first escapecraft, which was run on Sneaky's laptop. That and the second escapecraft (We're currently on the 3rd version) have been recently added to the server as museum worlds, so you should check them out if you want to get a sense of the server's history.
Thank you for your time, I appreciate the introduction. It's nice to interact with a veteran of the server such as yourself. I detest joining games in the middle of development as there is so much needed to catch up to.

I have absolutely no idea how that is relevant to your introduction, so I'll cut it short and say ' It's been a pleasure meeting you '

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 17 Jun 2011, 01:39

Yes if you haven't heard it enough:

Welcome.

I am nart, I live to serve.
I Serve Escapia

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 17 Jun 2011, 01:40

nart_21086 wrote:Yes if you haven't heard it enough:

Welcome.

Pleasure meeting you.

Live to serve ? really now... Well, I wouldn't mind a mobile suitcase.

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 17 Jun 2011, 01:48

Minazen wrote:
nart_21086 wrote:Yes if you haven't heard it enough:

Welcome.

Pleasure meeting you.

Live to serve ? really now... Well, I wouldn't mind a mobile suitcase.
Cardboard box with slightly wheel shaped rocks and convenient twig handle en route.
I Serve Escapia

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 17 Jun 2011, 01:57

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Minazen wrote: Hmm, being new here I really don't know many of you, could I please have a small introduction and the position of you all ? I love to keep records you see, it's what makes the world go round without missing a beat.
Personal vanity appealed to. My Meet the Staff entry is probably slightly out of date anyway.

I'm an Op+ on the server, which means this generally:

I also have the rank of Editor-in-Chief under my avatar, so I suppose I do stuff like that as well.
I had a good laugh. Sorry for my late response Sir Louis Mountbatten I believe ? Sometimes I wish I had payed closer attention to history class.

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 17 Jun 2011, 05:17

Welcome to the server, and I must say, good job with getting over 50 posts in a day, in a non random comment on every topic way xD
awesomeness.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Jun 2011, 05:35

Hytro wrote:Welcome to the server, and I must say, good job with getting over 50 posts in a day, in a non random comment on every topic way xD
awesomeness.png
i see what you did there Hytro -_-

EDIT: yes welcome to the server. hope you have fun and if you need help ask a Mentor.
Last edited by vallorn on 17 Jun 2011, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Jun 2011, 05:46

vallorn wrote:i see what you did there Hytro -_-
I like how you just proved his point perfectly. :lol:

And... he's wonderful."

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Jun 2011, 07:11

DuplicateValue wrote:
vallorn wrote:i see what you did there Hytro -_-
I like how you just proved his point perfectly. :lol:

fixed it :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 17 Jun 2011, 12:52

G' day to you madam :D
Eric's the name and i welcome you to our awesome server.
Hope you enjoi your stay.
Gentelmen and Gentleladies.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 17 Jun 2011, 13:16

Fenreil wrote:(good Lord, did I actually just type that?)
You rang?
Minazen wrote: I had a good laugh. Sorry for my late response Sir Louis Mountbatten I believe ? Sometimes I wish I had payed closer attention to history class.
Never was knighted - I get the idea that's part of being a royal.

Which makes me Lord Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 18 Jun 2011, 15:51

Lovely to meet you, miss.
Delphi, at your service.
I'm an op, along with many others that you can find in the 'Meet the Staff' thread. (I'd post a link, but it would seem redundant, all the good link and intoductions were taken -.- ;) )
DIGRESSION OVER - Again, lovely to meet you. You seem like quite a well spoken individual, a godsend, among a few.
If you ever need help, assistance, or just to talk, then me, and the other OPs and OP+s I'm sure, will comply :)
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy