Vanguard Arcaneworks (Item Enchanting)

A place for trading your in-game goods.
Vanguard

Vanguard Arcaneworks (Item Enchanting)

Post by Vanguard » 03 Dec 2011, 00:21

Vanguard Arcaneworks
We deal with the Pratchett-esque randomness for you.

Magic is kind of a funny thing, and by "funny" we mean it runs entirely off of the Laws of Equivalent Exchange and you're never quite sure what it is you're going to get. All of this gambling at the expense of the souls of numerous living things isn't exactly easy and when it doesn't work it can only lead to frustration.

Don't worry, we're here to help. Mostly.

Here at Vanguard Arcaneworks we (and by "we" I mean our solitary employee, which is myself) go through the painstakingly irritating task of collecting experience from the fallen so that we may imbue your items with powerful magics. Exactly what magics can at times be a bit of a crapshoot, but every enchantment is useful in it's own way.

Pricing

Our service works in one of two ways: we'll either take an item you've provided and enchant it with a random enchantment within a certain "tier" for a variable price or manufacture an item with a specific high-level enchantment.

Enchanting by Tiers

All enchantments require that a certain level of experience be spent in order for the magic to take hold on the target item. The most expensive an enchantment can be is 50 levels of experience, so we've divided the random enchantment service into a five-tier pricing system. Each tier is gradually more expensive than the last, but the higher the tier the better the chance you'll receive more powerful enchantments.

Note: In the event of low-level enchantments, such as Silk Touch, being applied on Tier IV or V purchases half of the payment will be refunded along with the delivered weapon, with the other half being kept to compensate for the labor involved in farming the experience necessary.

All prices are listed with different payment options.
  • Tier I - 5 Iron | 1 Gold - Enchantments costing between 1-10 levels.
  • Tier II - 10 Iron | 2 Gold - Enchantments costing between 11-20 levels.
  • Tier II - 20 Iron | 5 Gold | 1 Diamond - Enchantments costing between 21-30 levels.
  • Tier IV - 40 Iron | 10 Gold | 2 Diamonds = Enchantments costing between 31-40 levels.
  • Tier V - 60 Iron | 15 Gold | 3 Diamonds - Enchantments costing between 41-50 levels.
By Specific Enchantments

Our prestige service. This option will take far more time and will more likely than not result in a few botched attempts, but it's the best way to assure that you get exactly the item you want. Items requested with a specific high-level enchantment cost One Diamond Block to cover both the labor involved in farming experience and any resources spent on items during the process. After your requested item has successfully been created you will receive it as soon as possible.

Unless otherwise requested all items ordered via this method will be crafted with gold to maximize enchantment power.

Exceptions
  • Items with the "Silk Touch" enchantment can be sold at 2 iron per stone tool.
  • Boots of varying materials with "Feather Falling" can be bought at prices dependent on enchantment level.
  • Any items from botched attempts to gain specific enchantments can be purchased for prearranged prices or either via bidding process. Check this thread often to see what surplus items are in stock.
Types of Enchantments

Magical enchantments can be applied to one of three different types of items: armor, swords, and tools (not including hoes). Each item can be enchanted regardless of material type but can only be enchanted once. It is possible to receive multiple enchantments per item, but more experience levels are required.

It should be noted that items crafted out of gold have the best chance of receiving powerful enchantments, making a properly enchanted golden item more useful than one of it's diamond counterparts.

Armor Enchantments
Spoiler! :
Protection (max level: IV) - Items with this enchantment convert all elemental damage received into armor damage, leaving your hitpoints intact.

Fire Protection (max level: IV) - Items with this enchantment protect against all fire damage taken, regardless of source.

Blast Protection (max level: IV) - Items with this enchantment protect against damage suffered from explosions.

Projectile Protection (max level: IV) - Items with this enchantment protect against projectile weapons such as bows and arrows.

Feather Falling (max level: IV, boots only) - Boots with Feather Falling lessen the damage suffered from fall damage by half a heart with another half heart increase with each level (up to a max of two).

Respiration (max level: III, helmets only) - This enchantment decreases the rate of air loss underwater by 15 seconds and increases the time between suffering suffocation damage by 1 second, with both attributes increased by another 15 and 1 respectively with each level (up to a max of 45 and 3 seconds).

Aqua Affinity (max level: I, helmets only) - Helmets with this enchantment increase the speed in which you mine blocks underwater.

Note: Any armor with a type of protection enchantment is incapable of receiving any other type of protection enchantment upon it.
Sword Enchantments
Spoiler! :
Sharpness (max level: IV) - The Sharpness enchantment makes your weapon deal and extra half a heart of damage to all mob types, with another half a heart worth of damage gained per level (up to a max of 2 hearts).

Smite (max level: V) - Weapons enchanted with Smite are holy weapons, capable of dealing additional damage to undead foes. Smite weapons deal anywhere between 3/4ths of a heart to 1.5 hearts worth of extra damage to zombies, skeletons, and zombie pigmen, with that multiplier increasing with each level (up to a max of between 3.75 to 7.5 hearts of additional damage).

Bane of Arthropods (max level: V) - Weapons with this enchantment deal an additional 3/4ths to 1.5 hearts of damage to all types of spiders (normal and cave) as well as silverfish, with that multiplier increasing with each level (up to a max of between 3.75 to 7.5 hearts of additional damage). The ideal weapon enchantment for anyone planning to explore abandoned mineshafts or strongholds.

Knockback (max level: II) - Weapons with Knockback, as the name implies, knocks any target struck with it a short distance away from the user.

Fire Aspect (max level: II) - A sword enchanted with Fire Aspect gains the ability to cause any enemy hit with it to burst into flames. When the target is on fire they will lose half a heart for every second that they are burning. Any mobs that would normally drop meat upon death will drop that meat cooked as long as they die on fire.

Looting (max level: III) - With the Looting enchantment all mobs killed have a chance to drop more items upon death . Each level increases the maximum number of items dropped by 1 (up to a max of 3).

Note: If a sword has been enchanted with either Sharpen, Smite or Bane of Arthopods it cannot receive either of those other two enchantments.
Tool Enchantments
Spoiler! :
Efficiency (max level: V) - Tools with this enchantment become a model of efficiency, allowing the user to mine blocks 10% faster than normal with an additional 10% increase per level (up to a max of 50%). This puts the mining speed of a Level IV or V Efficiency tool on par with mining blocks in Creative Mode.

Silk Touch (max level: I) - With the Silk Touch enchantment tools gain a delicate touch, allowing the user to mine blocks as they appear in the world, regardless of whether or not they would drop a different type of block or if they aren't mineable at all. This means it's possible for the user to mine Stone and receive Stone blocks instead of Cobblestone. This also let the user obtain otherwise unobtainable blocks, like Redstone Ore blocks, Mycelium, blocks from Giant Mushrooms, dirt blocks with Grass already on top, and so on. This enchantment is necessary if you wish to mine Enderstone from The End. This enchantment will work on all blocks mined regardless of the tool used (i.e. you can mine a Diamond Ore block with an axe).

Unbreaking (max level: IV) - The durability and craftsmanship of your tool improves dramatically, giving the chance that the tool's durability will not decrease after each use. This chance is increased per level, with an Unbreaking IV tool on average lasting five times longer than it's normal lifespan. The perfect enchantment to make those investments on diamond tools last.

Fortune (max level: III) - Tools with the Fortune enchantment can multiply the drop rate of items received from mining blocks. This means the tool increases your chances to receive more diamonds, coal, redstone and Lapis per ore block mined, receive more Melon Slices per Melon block broken, increases your chances to receive Flint from Gravel, and so on. It should be noted that on the drop rate of Seeds is affected from breaking Wheat blocks. The chances of additional drops vary from level to level, with the breakdown being as follows:
  • I: 30% * 2 (30% more)
  • II: 25% * 2, 25% * 3 (75% more)
  • III: 20% * 2, 20% * 3, 20% * 4 (120% more)
Ordering

To have an item enchanted, please contact us via one of these three methods:
  • Posting in this thread
  • Sending a forum PM to Vanguard
  • Talking to Vanguard in-game on the Escapecraft server
All Tier-based enchantments require up-front payment to avoid possibilities of the clients withholding payment if they are unhappy with the enchantments they've received. Production time varies depending on the amount of experience required to complete a given enchantment. All clients will be alerted either in-game or via forum PM when their items are ready.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Re: Vanguard Arcaneworks (Item Enchanting)

Post by Jake55778 » 03 Dec 2011, 11:07

I was wondering when something like this would get set up. Enchantments are awesome, but I really don't want to have to build a mob tower just to try out the higher level ones.

Your pricing seems a little odd mind (assuming I understand it correctly). For instance I'm interested in buying fortune level 3 on an iron pick. But why pay 9 diamonds to get that, and only that, when I could buy 9x random tier 3 upgrades? Not only do I have a good chance to get the one I want, but I also get 8 others of potentially equal value.
The staff here are all trolls

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 03 Dec 2011, 14:23

Items with the "Silk Touch" enchantment can be sold at 2 iron per stone tool.
2 Iron? I'll take two.

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » 03 Dec 2011, 20:50

Jake55778 wrote:I was wondering when something like this would get set up. Enchantments are awesome, but I really don't want to have to build a mob tower just to try out the higher level ones.

Your pricing seems a little odd mind (assuming I understand it correctly). For instance I'm interested in buying fortune level 3 on an iron pick. But why pay 9 diamonds to get that, and only that, when I could buy 9x random tier 3 upgrades? Not only do I have a good chance to get the one I want, but I also get 8 others of potentially equal value.
Well, here's the thing: as far as custom orders for enchantments go I'm still trying to work out exactly how to price them. There's going to be, more often than not, a lot of trial and error as well as labor involved so either way it's probably going to be expensive. I may take another look over things and make custom orders for Level III enchantments the same as buying a Tier V random enchantment, and increase the price by another diamond from there. This is mainly to offset the time investment from all the mob farming necessary to get the experience, especially when taking into account multiple enchantment attempts to get it just right.

So yeah, prices on that are subject to change, likely for the better.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 04 Dec 2011, 13:02

Actually, ya know what, I do a lot of mining and go through a lot of picks. I can use pretty much all the tool upgrades regardless of tier.

I'd like as many enchantments on iron picks as 3 stacks of gold will buy me. Anything tier 2 or above, ideally with at least one tier 5. I'll leave the exact numbers up to whatever works best for you.

Assuming you're willing/able to take the request please contact me with an approximate time frame for delivery, and a time & place for me to make payment. Also do I need to supply the picks beforehand or can I reimburse you for them at the end?

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » 04 Dec 2011, 17:08

I'll have to do the math and look at my own iron stockpile, but I'd say it's doable. Timeframe-wise it's going to depend on how quickly I can get in touch with SteveAB to get access to the arrow stockpile in Harbortown's mob tower. That'll ultimately make things move along quicker.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 04 Dec 2011, 18:49

Youmean the 12 doublechests i sold him? :L That was annoying, manually shifting all those:L

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 04 Dec 2011, 18:53

I'm sorry, it was annoying for you, Sag?
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 05 Dec 2011, 07:52

ill take howevermany silktouvh picks i can get for 1 dia also can i getbiron silk touch

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 11 Dec 2011, 17:21

Hey I would LOVE a fire aspect iron sword but not sure I wanna pay a whole dia block. shoot me A PM to a resonable price :D
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 15 Dec 2011, 21:19

Vanguard wrote:I'll have to do the math and look at my own iron stockpile, but I'd say it's doable. Timeframe-wise it's going to depend on how quickly I can get in touch with SteveAB to get access to the arrow stockpile in Harbortown's mob tower. That'll ultimately make things move along quicker.
So was that a "yes" on accepting the order? Just so I know to keep the gold set aside.

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 15 Dec 2011, 23:09

Hey could you PM me vanguard?
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!