We are proud to announce that we are running another game server, Starmade.
What is Starmade though, you may be asking? Fundamentally, it's just like Minecraft in the sense it doesn't limit your creative capabilities. However, it isn't a pure Minecraft clone - You're set in a drastically different atmosphere (as the name probably suggests) with different qualities behind your success or failure. Most of these differences from Minecraft are good though, with a few examples being:
- Space is all that separates players. There isn't any massive cuboids in Starmade, or messy landclaims everywhere, or broken terrain, or strip mines: The game's set in space, so the only thing that limits you from getting to another player is how fast you can fly your ship there.
- Who needs houses? In Starmade, your ship or space station is what serves as your property or house. The changes you make to them aren't just aesthetic, either - you can add various upgrades to change how well your weapons perform, or how well you absorb damage - which is all done in whatever creative manner you choose.
- No fancy plugins with complex commands involved to protect your belongings. Starmade has a built-in means of protecting what you own, via faction blocks. You don't want players to hunt your stuff? Put a faction block on your ship. Want to battle other players? Just remove your faction block(s) and duke it out - whoever loses can still get their ship back by saving and loading it from the ingame catalogue.
- Getting sick of waiting for Bukkit to update? Because Starmade doesn't run thousands of plugins like Minecraft needs, you don't have to worry about making sure your version is identical to that of the server. Whenever an official release comes out, you can almost guarantee we'll have updated as soon as it's out.
- Your creativity isn't limited in any way whatsoever. There's no limit to the size of planets or space stations you can claim, or a limit to how many blocks you can have or place, or how many weapon or shield upgrades you want - you can build to your heart's content in Starmade.
- IT'S FREE! Do I really need to have a description for this bullet point? You pay absolutely nothing to gain access to this version of the game.
If this is enough to at least get you interested in taking a peek at the game, you can download Starmade's launcher from their website here
. Once you've downloaded it, connect your client to our server address at escapecraft.com:4242
- from there you'll be able to join in on the fun. Enjoy!P.S:
If you're still waiting around on Minecraft, don't forget to sign up for Secret Santa
! Signups will end by November 30th!